2000 lb leg press? Pat Robertson is pulling your leg.

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
This man is such an egomaniac that if he could actually do this, he would have had the Guiness Book of Records there to verify it. He's been through this wringer of people not believing what he says before, so you'd think if it was true he'd have independent validation.

Meh.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Croc said:
If you go back to the site now they do have a video of Pat leg pressing 1000 pounds ten times right after leg pressing 900 700 etc several times to warm up. In fact though he doesn't do a full extension and only does partial leg presses. Ill say it's still pretty darn impressive though. I would also note that the machine can't hold any more weight than that, its full at 1000 pounds.

I can carve a plastic hollow weights, label 100 and put 10 of them on top of each other and claim 1000 pounds, but if they're not even a pound each, then he's probably got the weakest legs alive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JGL53

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Mississippi
✟14,276.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just by flapping his lips every day on his TV network, infusing the ether with his special brand of inane, bizarre paranoid phantasmagoria, Robertson does more harm to the cause of christianity than any cabal of atheists does in a year. More power to him.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
It's well short of 2,000 lbs.

That picture and video are not of him doing the 2,000. There are other witnesses to this though.

The video is (I think) 1,000, but he does it 10 times.

2,000 the way Robertson is doing them is not out of the question.

The fact is, Robertson is in excellent shape for a 76 year old.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
george78 said:
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]That picture and video are not of him doing the 2,000. There are other witnesses to this though.

I never denied that Robertson is excellent shape for his age and stress level that takes into being the world's biggest conman.

However, to legpress 1,000 or 2,000 pounds just doesn't sound right to me. The record is 1,335 for pete's sake...

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
I never denied that Robertson is excellent shape for his age and stress level that takes into being the world's biggest conman.

However, to legpress 1,000 or 2,000 pounds just doesn't sound right to me. The record is 1,335 for pete's sake...

It's a semantics issue. The record is 1,335 for a Proper, Olympic level/style leg press. Robertson still lifted 2,000 pounds, and it's still a leg press, albeit an improper one.

For a 76 year old guy to lift 1,000 lbs 10 times or 2,000 lbs once, even if it's not proper, is not a small feat.

The media tried to smear Robertson but the pictures and video Pwned them!!!!!

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
george78 said:
That picture and video are not of him doing the 2,000. There are other witnesses to this though.

It appears as if 16 plates are loaded on the machine. Four of them look like 100-pound plates, and the rest are 45s. That adds up to 940 pounds.

He's pushing with his arms and he's nowhere near recommended full range of motion (knees at a 90 degree angle).

This is like playing golf with a cranky old man, who takes mulligans and lies about his score. You put up with it because you can't reason with him and anyway you still love crazy ol uncle Pat.

Or that's the way it is within a family. In a cult they repeat the lies with a straight face.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
george78 said:
It's a semantics issue. The record is 1,335 for a Proper, Olympic level/style leg press. Robertson still lifted 2,000 pounds, and it's still a leg press, albeit an improper one.

For a 76 year old guy to lift 1,000 lbs 10 times or 2,000 lbs once, even if it's not proper, is not a small feat.

The media tried to smear Robertson but the pictures and video Pwned them!!!!!

If that was true, I could probably leg-press 3,000 pounds then the Pat-way without losing my vision. I have legs as large as tree trunks, no joke. It's what you get when you walk 5 miles a day.

And... that might explain Madeline Albright's leg-pressing 400 pounds.

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Harpuia said:
If that was true, I could probably leg-press 3,000 pounds then the Pat-way without losing my vision. I have legs as large as tree trunks, no joke. It's what you get when you walk 5 miles a day.

And... that might explain Madeline Albright's leg-pressing 400 pounds.
They should edit the website:

We meant Pat "lifted" not lifted, ya silly goose! Download Pats truth-defying shake today!

Upvote 0