Freport
✟17,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I also contacted Motomu Toriyama who made some of the FF games on face book and told him the following, about his video games. I know I was brave to do so, just trust me, that was not easy to do, as he is behind some of the best rpgs, like FF games. He made some of those game, and this is what I wrote to him.

First off.. I do want to say I love playing FF XIII and XIII-2, finally someone on steam helped me to get the game to work, so it would not crash. However, with (Lighting Returns) just to be honest, because of religious reasons I can't play the game. This is the case for some people as well. They cant play the game either. I read about it on line, so it is not just myself with these reviews. To me the savior is God, not Lighting, but there are other religious references used in this game,too many to list, (Which makes the game story really confusing, to begin with), that I highly disagree with, and I just can't play, it would be an insult to my religion, sorry! Also some FF games have a lot of cussing like type-0 for example. I do not want to hear the c and d cuss words over and over as my char fights all though out the game. There is no way to turn that cussing off. And the newer on-line version FF 15, take the lords name in vain, and there is a lot of cussing, going on there. (I do not know why there can' be a profanity filter in these games for one thing). I know some games have some cussing. I try to grin and bear it, but if there is too much swearing, than I can't play the game. However, I will always be a fan of FF XI, XII, XIII and XIII-2 (I know there is some cussing in those games, but not as bad as some of the games I have played). If I had my way. I would filter all the bad words out, if I knew how to do it. I really hope one day FF can come out with a game with no religious story lines, that is interesting, without using regions plots, with no swearing, or with the feature to turn off bad language. Sorry, if this make anyone upset, just trying to say how I wish I could play those games, but I can't because religious stuff was added,or too much cussing was involved. If I were to play and ignore these issues, than with my God, he would not be pleased. Still FF does have some decent games, at least. I live in the USA, I am not from Japan, so maybe you people are more open over there with different religions. It comes across in your games.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel like video games, mainly the violent and shooting ones, are evil. Why are they teaching kids so much violence? From supposed christian gaming companies even.
Better not read your kids the Bible. It talks about people's guts splashing out and massacring entire cities. And don't even get me started on the Song of Solomon. (Yipes! Steamy!)

There is a time and place for everything. Violence for the sake of violence, or games that glorify criminal activity, are probably not a good influence. (Not judging if you like GTA, just saying my take on the matter.) I myself avoid anything beyond the "T" rating.

But I don't judge others if they choose to play some game like Halo or Call of Duty. Sure, I don't like those games, but the Bible talks about 'the person who eats meat and the person who only eats vegetables' not judging one another. Some people can handle things better than others.

Besides, I have never seen a sweeping generalization that was true. Satan cannot create evil things, he can only corrupt what is good.

Just thinking out loud. I totally get if you don't want your kids playing violent games. But I don't think they're all evil.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

KJBBeliever

Mar 23, 2018
Australia
✟18,458.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i once was heavily into video games before i understood what the Bible says.
What does the King James Bible scriptures say?
1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
Ephesians 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
If Your Christian flee from video games and study the word of God and do things for the LORD.
Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Upvote 0

Tina miller

Apr 16, 2018
Freport
✟17,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes, some video games are evil, but not all video games. As fas as kids; I would be careful in what they are playing, as some games are full of cussing, blood, and using the Lords name in vain, and even Blasphemy's. It depends on the video game. Look for the rating to begin with. I play video games, but there are few I will never play and that is ok. Not everything is Evil..I think we all should be led my the Spirit, and use decrement in anything adults, our the kids might do.

Upvote 0

Tina miller

Apr 16, 2018
Freport
✟17,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Persona tops them all. As I first got into the game, and the old man wants your char to sign an evil contract, that is what they call it, and then give a future reading, that is not a great start of a video game. See games like that, I stay away from.
Also in some of the newer games, they are adding cuss words when the Character fights. I really do not need to heat the D, or S word, while fighting, not sure if the character said G-D word, but sounded like it. Like in FF 15. I have to turn the voice all the way down, just hear the music to play it.

However they do say the G-D word right before the Titan fight, it is in the dialog. Which I think I can take out, because that game gives the option of turning off the dialog. I seen it on youtube, so in Final Fantasy 15, yes, the G-d word is used. Like in Final Fantasy 7. However maybe one could try to skip those things, if possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tina miller

Apr 16, 2018
Freport
✟17,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Persona tops them all. As I first got into the game, and the old man wants your char to sign an evil contract, that is what they call it, and then give a future reading, that is not a great start of a video game. See games like that, I stay away from.
Also in some of the newer games, they are adding cuss words when the Character fights. I really do not need to heat the D, or S word, while fighting, not sure if the character said G-D word, but sounded like it. Like in FF 15. I have to turn the voice all the way down, just hear the music to play it
However they do say the G-D word right before the Titan fight, it is in the dialog. Which I think I can take out, because that game gives the option of turning off the dialog. I seen it on youtube, so in Final Fantasy 15, yes, the G-d word is used. Like in Final Fantasy 7. However maybe one could try to skip those things, if possible.

Upvote 0