Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My state is vote by mail. There are ways around the post office, but that may not help the people that like waiting until the last minute to do their ballot and then just put it in the mail.

Then it must not be that important. What do you want me to say? Why do so many people expect everyone else to cater to them? Get off your butts and get it done.

It is just a way to cut out those people, and also making the assumption that they are voting Democrat.

That hasn't been the case for over two centuries now.... 'But whataboutism Trump'?!

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but the law requires that mail-in votes not be counted until election day. What happens if the election authorities can't get them all counted in 24 hours?

I have no idea, I did not read the bill yet. But to be honest I still support this. I 100% fact certain believe people will cheat to remove Trump from office. All that is left is mail-in fraud.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea, I did not read the bill yet. But to be honest I still support this. I 100% fact certain believe people will cheat to remove Trump from office. All that is left is mail-in fraud.
How do you think putting this burden on election authorities will reduce mail-in voting fraud?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How do you think putting this burden on election authorities will reduce mail-in voting fraud?

You have to forgive me, I do not believe the complaints are genuine. In my point of view the burden is forcing a new system of elections, out of the blue, on a 200-year-old system just because it is politically expedient. I honestly believe mail-in fraud must be stopped. It will happen. There is no question of 'if' in my mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My state is vote by mail. There are ways around the post office, but that may not help the people that like waiting until the last minute to do their ballot and then just put it in the mail.

It is just a way to cut out those people, and also making the assumption that they are voting Democrat.
Well, if they wait till the last minute they do not deserve for their vote to count ( particularly if they do it at the last minute by mail). Voting in person ( I know at least in GA ( most poles except in the largest areas are open from seven to seven. The largest cities close an hour later. However, if it is seven at night and in one of those places that closes at seven and you are in line you may vote. This is also true an hour later in cases of 8PM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You have to forgive me, I do not believe the complaints are genuine. In my point of view the burden is forcing a new system of elections, out of the blue, on a 200-year-old system just because it is politically expedient. I honestly believe mail-in fraud must be stopped. It will happen. There is no question 'if' in my mind.
I beg your pardon, my complaint is genuine. I voted two weeks ago and walked the ballot over to the Board of Elections office and handed it in. There it will sit, unopened as required by law, until election day, along with all of the other absentee ballots which have been mailed or handed in. What guarantee do I have that the Board of elections will be able to count all those votes in 24 hours? What happens if they can't get it done? Will they have to throw the uncounted ballots away? How will that reduce absentee voting fraud?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You got...

View attachment 285390

Act now while supplies last...

That's great. Maryland doesn't send out the ballots when the requests are made. They send them 30-45 days out from the election. I've been doing a lot of ebay selling recently and I've had Priority Mail shipments take over 2 weeks when they should've taken 2-3 days. If it takes 2 weeks to go one direction for a tracked priority package (that should be quicker than first class), that's a minimum of 4 weeks for a round trip. If my state is only sending out the ballots 30-45 days ahead of time, then I as a voter have virtually zero time to fill out my ballot and get it back in the mail.

Rick Scott is not trying secure anything about this election except, perhaps, a Trump/Republican victory. He's trying to disenfranchise a bunch of people. It's gross. He's gross. And you as a Florida voter ought to be repulsed by this and ashamed of him for trying to pull a stunt this undemocratic.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Skewpoint
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I beg your pardon, my complaint is genuine. I voted two weeks ago and walked the ballot over to the Board of Elections office and handed it in. There it will sit, unopened as required by law, until election day, along with all of the other absentee ballots which have been mailed or handed in. What guarantee do I have that the Board of elections will be able to count all those votes in 24 hours? What happens if they can't get it done? Will they have to throw the uncounted ballots away? How will that reduce absentee voting fraud?

I do not know at this point in time. All I do know is this establishment that has aligned itself against Trump will not even attempt to play fair. So you have to mitigate whatever they attempt to do. People want to play tough, you got to go hard to win. If Trump just sits there and allows himself to be ousted, what good is that?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's great. Maryland doesn't send out the ballots when the requests are made. They send them 30-45 days out from the election. I've been doing a lot of ebay selling recently and I've had Priority Mail shipments take over 2 weeks when they should've taken 2-3 days. If it takes 2 weeks to go one direction for a tracked priority package (that should be quicker than first class), that's a minimum of 4 weeks for a round trip. If my state is only sending out the ballots 30-45 days ahead of time, then I as a voter have virtually zero time to fill out my ballot and get it back in the mail.

Rick Scott is not trying secure anything about this election except, perhaps, a Trump/Republican victory. He's trying to disenfranchise a bunch of people. It's gross. He's gross. And you as a Florida voter ought to be repulsed by this and ashamed of him for trying to pull a stunt this undemocratic.

Go vote... that is completely normal in American society. Just go vote. Situation solved.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

four times seven is twenty-eight. How long does it take to fill out a ballot maybe twenty minutes. Moreover, if you have that much issue with the time vote in person.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, if they wait till the last minute they do not deserve for their vote to count ( particularly if they do it at the last minute by mail). Voting in person ( I know at least in GA ( most poles except in the largest areas are open from seven to seven. The largest cities close an hour later. However, if it is seven at night and in one of those places that closes at seven and you are in line you may vote. This is als true an hour later in cases of 8PM.
Sorry, but by state law, their vote counts if the ballet is post stamped by the day of the election.

Having this federal law passed without enough warning is just cutting these people off.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Go vote... that is completely normal in American society. Just go vote. Situation solved.
I have voted. I voted according to the laws of my state established long before Trump was ever heard of. Now you are championing a bill which may result in my legally cast vote not being counted. You are attempting to corrupt a Presidential election.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I forget - are you a COVID denier?

four times seven is twenty-eight. How long does it take to fill out a ballot maybe twenty minutes. Moreover, of you have that much issue with the time vote in person.

I'm perfectly capable of doing the math.

I'm also perfectly capable of seeing how this math shows that Rick Scott is trying to get a bunch of votes tossed out at the last minute for no good reason. But hey, I guess Republicans don't really care about democracy anymore if it means exposing themselves to the risk of losing. How unamerican can you get?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have voted. I voted according to the laws of my state established long before Trump was ever heard of.

We also have a system in which nothing has changed except for the fact that Trump is in office. Now all of a sudden the system must be changed. Now all of a sudden after 200 years we must have mail-in voting on a mass scale. That didn't even happen in 2016. Four years of constant cries of 'at any cost' and we are supposed to believe this is some morality issue?

I do not know what to tell you... you can vote, you can refuse to vote, you can even attempt to make the mail in deadline. That is your decision. I honestly view it as people not getting their way on an issue they believe should be so. Truthful tho, everyone still has every opportunity to vote even as was done as recently as 2016.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We also have a system in which nothing has changed except for the fact that Trump is in office. Now all of a sudden the system must be changed. Now all of a sudden after 200 years we must have mail-in voting on a mass scale.

That's a lie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I forget - are you a COVID denier?

I'm perfectly capable of doing the math.

I'm also perfectly capable of seeing how this math shows that Rick Scott is trying to get a bunch of votes tossed out at the last minute for no good reason. But hey, I guess Republicans don't really care about democracy anymore if it means exposing themselves to the risk of losing. How unamerican can you get?
depends on what you mean by a covid denier. Do I think that people are not getting sick no I know people are getting sick. Do I think people are not dying no I know people are dying and I even know of ( did not know him personally but have known his son for twenty years who did in fact die from it. HOWEVER, I also do not believe that it is as serious as people say because I have looked at those numbers and concluded that the CONFIRMED recoverties ( which remember are much less likely to be reported than deaths are several times that of the death rate. In addition, I learned a LONG time ago I am not immortal something will get me at some point ( unless Christ comes back first, so I am not too worried about what that ends up being.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. I saw 'mail-in ballots'... '24 hours' and was like

If he provides no funding then it is really nothing more then grandstanding I would say. Any rush task like that would require a considerable amount of resources.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Scott's proposal is more than reasonable. Only weeks ago, letting votes received after the polls had closed be counted would have been considered progressive or a victory for democracy. But now, to limit that time AFTER the polls close gets called by the term that is used whenever anyone suggests that there should be SOME orderliness in our elections...SOME sort of fairness in the vote counting. I'm referring to charging "voter suppression."

Next we will hear that if you don't simply let the election board cast your vote for you, it's "voter suppression." We already have legitimized strangers getting people in nursing homes and elsewhere to give their ballots to that solicitor for him to turn them in himself and CLAIM that he didn't simply fill them out himself. And he can do this with with dozens of perhaps a hundred other ones.

And just yesterday, I think it was, a judge had to rule that no, they cannot count absentee ballots that were not signed by anyone at all. But that had been the request.

It's already been ruled that absentee ballots don't have to be postmarked with any legible date in order to be counted...and up to nine days after election day at that.

There's apparently no end to it now, and there will most likely never be an election again after which the losers will accept defeat or the public will have any reason to think their elected representatives were indeed fairly chosen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0