Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 285379

Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., introduced legislation last week to establish federal standards regarding the counting of ballots, ahead of the upcoming presidential election between Democratic nominee Joe Biden and President Trump.

The Verifiable, Orderly, & Timely Election Results (VOTER) Act would create standards for various vote-by-mail systems that exist across the country and would require all eligible ballots to be counted and reported within 24 hours after polls close on Election Day, according to a press release from Scott's office.

If the bill became law, it would require voting precincts to report the total number of in-person and mail-in ballots they received -- one hour after polls close -- to identify "the total universe of votes to be counted in the election."

Mail-in ballots must be requested at least 21 days before a federal election and would have to be returned and received by the time polls close on Election Day, if the measure passed.

The bill would also prohibit the possession of another person’s mail-in ballot, with exceptions for certain family members and caregivers.

Sen. Rick Scott introduces bill requiring mail-in ballots be counted within 24 hours of Election Day
This will go nowhere without House agreement.

Good luck with that ...

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You're never too committed to look at things objectively and see if your views still hold validity.

This is such a common sense and intelligent response I do not even disagree. But I am not deluded. That evidence is there, just unacted upon.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This is such a common sense and intelligent response I do not even disagree. But I am not deluded. That evidence is there, just unacted upon.

And yet as we were just discussing, there's not really any logical reason why it would supposedly exist in such vast quantities and yet not have been acted on despite the Republicans holding full capability to do so. If you had that evidence that your opponents were criminals, would you really wait until another election had taken place and you could potentially lose any ability to act on it?

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree because the credible threats are coming from within.
Wouldn't it be something if we discovered rampant cheating has taken place repeatedly and for the sake of keeping the illusion of a democracy and free and fair election everyone just didn't talk about it?

I think our elections should always come with a "none of the above" option. You should be required to get over 1/3 of the total number of registered voters (regardless of whether or not they vote) to vote for the winner, otherwise the election is not certified.

Last night watching the debate the thought was one candidate was a rude, obnoxious man, an embarrassment to the country. The other was weak and tottering, needing the help of the moderator to rescue him repeatedly.

I can't imagine that 1/3 of the registered voters want either one of these men to run our country in this very perilous time.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is an ongoing coup.
Against Pres. Trump
I disagree because the credible threats are coming from within.
Even among the Republicans
I do not even know how they are going to have the dockets to adjudicate all that I am aware of.

BTW... it's not going to be just democrats. If it ever happens.
You have special knowledge that the rest of us don't have, there is a certain group that has this knowledge.

OK. Now that I know where you are coming from your posts make a lot more sense.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is beyond me. I have no idea. Must be above my pay grade as they say. As far as I see, they have everything they need.
And yet the people who are experts in the subject have done nothing. It is almost as if the people who know what they're doing disagree with your interpretation of reality.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet the people who are experts in the subject have done nothing. It is almost as if the people who know what they're doing disagree with your interpretation of reality.
In a Democracy the people get the "experts" they deserve.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You think the federal government should take over the elections?

No.

Against Pres. Trump

Yes

Even among the Republicans

Some of them, yes.

You have special knowledge that the rest of us don't have, there is a certain group that has this knowledge.

"Special Knowledge" o_O

I do not have a job. I sit here on this computer for 12 to 16 hours a day researching topics. I actually find it entertaining to read entire bills, legislation, and research pages upon pages of documents related to topics I want to understand. I do not possess anything 'special' I just put in a lot of groundwork. Unless of course I need to help my wife or do chores around the house.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums