Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not know at this point in time. All I do know is this establishment that has aligned itself against Trump will not even attempt to play fair. So you have to mitigate whatever they attempt to do. People want to play tough, you got to go hard to win. If Trump just sits there and allows himself to be ousted, what good is that?

How about dealing with the very real physical limitations of counting the votes?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Plus:
In some states, ballot validation/counting can only start on election day. For states that do not have automated systems to verify signatures, etc, counting will take days, possibly weeks.
Of course, and the author of the bill knows it full well, is counting on it in fact. It's nothing but a scheme to invalidate mail-in ballots.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,141,465.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
...this bill would never stand a court challenge. It's obviously a talking piece bill that will go nowhere....congrats to the op for taking the bait!
You say that, but the courts records on protecting the right to vote is hardly encouraging as Trump is packing them with his supporters.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
None of your business and I already know the laws

You might just be able to get an absentee.

Absentee voting is available and no excuse is required. The last day to request an absentee ballot by mail is 5 days before the election (October 29, 2020). You can return your absentee ballot request form through the mail or in person. Voted ballots must be received by election day in order to be counted. Contact your local elections office for more information.

You do not need an excuse to vote absentee in Illinois.

You can request an absentee ballot:

• In person - no more than 90 days but before 1 day before the election
  • By mail inside the US - no more than 90 days or less than 5 days before the election
  • By mail outside the US - no less than 30 days before the election (to receive the full ballot), or less than 30 days but no more than 10 days before the election to receive the Federal Ballot only
You can start voting the absentee ballot 40 days before the election.

My ballot, already cast, is not signed.

I do not understand how people would think an unsigned ballot even makes sense.

I'm sure doesn't bother you either because you know I vote Left.

I do not care who you vote for, you have that right. I was actually trying to help you out.

You should be able to call and find out: 217-782-4141

Illinois Voting Information

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How about dealing with the very real physical limitations of counting the votes?

Well quite frankly, this issue is being created on purpose within a system that was not formed to handle votes in this manner. Our system does not work this way, nor was it ever intended to.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
...this bill would never stand a court challenge. It's obviously a talking piece bill that will go nowhere....congrats to the op for taking the bait!

Are you sure? Democrats are not going to be able to just keep suing like they used to. Which court is there that is stacked in their favor anymore?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well quite frankly, this issue is being created on purpose within a system that was not formed to handle votes in this manner. Our system does not work this way, nor was it ever intended to.

Our system could work this way if our country made voting technology a priority. Almost any other important transaction we do today, including a home mortgage, can be done virtually. Yet somehow, we are still stuck in 1980's America when it comes to voting.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I do not understand how people would think an unsigned ballot even makes sense.

Of course.
None of your business and I already know the laws--I have researched it carefully. My ballot, already cast, is not signed. It is sealed in a signed envelope as required by state law. If this bill passes, my ballot is invalid and the state will have to get out new ballots ...
If this law is passed, it will not invalidate already mailed-in ballots. But you invalidated yours on your own by failing to sign the envelope, which is required in Illinois.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you sure? Democrats are not going to be able to just keep suing like they used to. Which court is there that is stacked in their favor anymore?

Both sides are lawyered up (and Trump has openly hinted he will definitely go there). If the election comes down to counting / validating mail in ballots in PA or FL, be prepared for endless court battles. It will make 2000 look like a walk in the park....

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟325,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course.

If this law is passed, it will not invalidate already mailed-in ballots. But you invalidated yours on your own by failing to sign the envelope, which is required in Illinois.

You seem to have misread his post. He specifically stated, " It is sealed in a signed envelope as required by state law."

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You seem to have misread his post. He specifically stated, " It is sealed in a signed envelope as required by state law."
Sealed is not the issue, but he did specifically say that he did not sign it. And if you mean that "it" was something else, his earlier posts would make no sense.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Our system could work this way if our country made voting technology a priority. Almost any other important transaction we do today, including a home mortgage, can be done virtually. Yet somehow, we are still stuck in 1980's America when it comes to voting.

This is an election... not a jack-in-the-box. You don't just turn a crank an out pops an entire new system a month before a hotly contested election. How much more obvious can it be?

• Agree
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Both sides are lawyered up (and Trump has openly hinted he will definitely go there). If the election comes down to counting / validating mail in ballots in PA or FL, be prepared for endless court battles. It will make 2000 look like a walk in the park....

And the supreme court will decide.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is an election... not a jack-in-the-box. You don't just turn a crank an out pops an entire new system a month before a hotly contested election. How much more obvious can it be?

Exactly. Yet Senator Scott is puporting to change the rules now, 36 days before the election - rules that would apply to all 50 states...

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I have no idea, I did not read the bill yet. But to be honest I still support this. I 100% fact certain believe people will cheat to remove Trump from office. All that is left is mail-in fraud.
Have you even seen a mail-in ballot?
They’re voter specific (at least in Pennsylvania).
I have to request my county election board to send me mine. I have to attest that I filled out my ballot myself, under penalty of perjury, it is signature-verified. [Edit: The voter’s signature goes on the “security envelope”, not the ballot proper.]

The way you talk they’re bingo-halls filled with people conspiring to stuff the ballot box with phony ballots.

Trump isn’t popular, he’s just on TV all of the time!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Since when does the federal government run elections?

Good question. Some people might even be wary of a federally mandated lock down that gives justification for an advantage their opponent; at the same time the entire country is embroiled in political unrest, backed by the same people wanting the lockdown.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Exactly. Yet Senator Scott is puporting to change the rules now, 36 days before the election - rules that would apply to all 50 states...

We have done the same thing for 200 years, now people are pushing something new.

Upvote 0