Maine
✟17,015.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Been there, too. I would just say I was sick (close enough, right?) and I'd bolt out the door. Things CAN get better, never give up trying!

Are you one of those guys who refuses to sit with his back to the door in a restaurant?

Nope. But I will never go out walking after dark without a means to defend myself.

Upvote 0

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It is so frustrating that I'm getting no calls for interviews. I've applied for so many jobs. And this background check with the museum is taking forever. Seriously, it's been a week. How long do they need?! I need to feel like a useful human being. Doing dishes and cleaning up the house is not what I am talking about. I am not a domestic goddess. I need to feel useful outside of the house.

I totally understand...the whole applying online is lacking...because a computer judges you more if you are worthy for your application to even be submitted to the Hiring Managers after you pass the assessment tests. I done so many applications within the past 6 months. I gotten an interview every month, I gotten more rejection e-mails, and keep on pressing forward. It is frustrating because you don't really know if calling the companies will help any or like you said being yelled at.

Some places will consider you more if you call them back and some places will be like "we call you don't call us" attitude.

It is frustrating towards the job seeker because it takes time filling out applications, then do this stupid assessment test to prove your worth and crap.

Don't give up hope *hugs*

My experience so far is the waiting period is between 1-3 weeks.

God Bless,
Drew

Upvote 0

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
No and they would get upset if I did. Most of the places have on their website and/or applications that they do not want calls. My sister called a couple of places that she applied to and got yelled at. Apparently places are getting so many applications/resumes for every position that calls makes things worse.

That really sucks. I'm always thinking whether it be cool to call the companies that I applied for to see where my application status is. But again if they really want me, they will call for an interview.

It can be a confusing cat and mouse game when it comes to employment :)

God Bless,
Drew

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

Are you one of those guys who refuses to sit with his back to the door in a restaurant?

Speaking of restaurants, here's an old rant of mine.

For a short while last year, I was a host at Olive Garden, and there was one habit of some customers that annoyed me. Let me just establish beforehand that I'm all about customer service. Whatever makes the customers happy, I'll make it happen. You want to sit away from the smoking section? I'll seat you away from the smoking section. You want a quiet table? I'll get you a quiet table. I'll move waiters around and make it happen.

But it always annoyed me when I take down a group's information, they would sit there in the front lobby for ten minutes or so, then when I finally get ready to seat them and bring them to their table, they say, "Oh...we wanted a booth."

:doh:

So then I had to, with the customers right there, do some last minute changes. Not big in the long run, but an unnecessary inconvenience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fremdin

Contributor
Jan 26, 2008
✟17,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That really sucks. I'm always thinking whether it be cool to call the companies that I applied for to see where my application status is. But again if they really want me, they will call for an interview.

It can be a confusing cat and mouse game when it comes to employment :)

God Bless,
Drew

Call. Always call. It doesn't hurt and remember to send thank you cards to companies who interview you. Stupid little things that help.

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am sick of someone calling the police every time I walk down main st with a gun in the holster. It was dark- how could they even see it?

I wish my concealed weapons permit would be issued soon.

Why would people call the police because someone has a gun? :confused::confused::confused:

Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have never been SO happy to be single in my entire life! Oh, gosh.... if I ever get into any relationship I pray it's NOTHING like my sisters!!!!

I'm so angry at the way my sisters boyfriend for treating her SO poorly. At the same time I don't know who's to blame.
On one hand you have my sister who has the need to want to BUY everything her boyfriend wants to make him happy. And my parents are upset because she doesn't help out her own family. On the other hand you have my sister's cheap boyfriend who has a FULL TIME, well paying job and he's always borrowing money from my sister when she only has a part-time job.

I've come to a point where I don't know if I'm being closed-minded and old school, or if that's just the way relationships are. If so, I don't want one. My sister has changed SO much that it scares me. Sure some change is good, but I don't think this change was.

Are my parents being unfair? Is she right in saying she's old enough to do what she wants even if she still lives under my parents roof? It's all so confusing.

I mean... is it all right for my sister's boyfriend to say "we'll get together later, if not I'll call you." and then he doesn't? I don't think that's right. Maybe if it happens once, but he does this ALL the time. It makes me angry.... I don't think he knows how great of a woman he has. Well... now he has her sooooo hooked all she cares about is him sometimes.

And then there are times I wonder if she still likes him. Because there is this guy at her work that treats her so nicely... she doesn't like him though. But I'm thinking it's opened her eyes to how men should treat women.

My sister is SUCH a loving person. She's the kind of girl that LOVES to cuddle. He hates it. He won't sit next to her in church. All though I thought it was pretty nosy, my youth leader even came up to me and asked me if they had broken up because he doesn't sit next to her. He wont' hug her in public, or hold her hand.... Nothing.
I know that has to bother my sister because that's not who she is. She's the kind of girl who would even hold her best friends hand in public because she loves to show the world how much she cares about her friends.

They've been together for almost 3 years... they've been talking about getting married. But instead of saving money for the wedding... they buy guns. :doh:

I don't think I'd want to disappoint my parents the way my sister is. My dad has said some pretty harsh things about how my sister has changed because of her boyfired, and I don't think I could take that.

There's too much pressure. They're always telling me to learn from her mistakes... but I know I'll probably make mistakes anyway. Everyone does... I just don't know.

Honestly, I'm confused about their entire relationship. I'm confused about relationships in general, actually. So her relationship has twisted my idea of relationships. GAH!

Again, yay for singleness!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you ever say something, but it totally comes out wrong. Then you feel like the biggest douche in the world? I had that happen tonight. It's all fine now but I still feel like an idiot. I should just not say anything at all. Ever.

I think that happens to A LOT of us. :hug:It'll take a while but you wont feel that way for long. You should keep talking though! Never be afraid to because that's how we learn to communicate better... by making mistakes like those. I'm sure people would be upset if they never heard your voice again, too.:hug:

I'm sure you already know all that, but I though it be nice to hear it from someone random like me heehee.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
People who have some sort of beef with me or something I've posted, thinking they should call me out publicly in some sort of "if I shame her in front of everyone, I'll be the big winner" game. Doesn't work. Act like an adult and come to me personally, or keep your mouth shut. I don't do it to others, and others had better not do it to me. You will never intimidate me with bullying, but you're much more likely to influence and affect me by coming to me like an adult. Thanks :)

And this is a vent, not an opening for a discussion.

I don't have a beef with this nearly as much as I have a beef with people who do this in a covert manner, who name no names but seek sympathy or attention with new threads or make nameless cutting comments and insinuations within threads - when it is clear to anyone with half a brain who they are referring to without saying directly.

People calling you out personally is at least more honest, even if it is best done in private.

This is one reason we are no longer friends, Vicky. Call that "bullying" or call that honesty. I prefer the latter.

This is also a *vent* - not an opening for a discussion.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for somewhere to vent.. I am bored and Peed off.. life sucks.. it is twelve months next month since my husband left and I hate it.. I am not happy single..

Ok today has been a bad day.. sigh.. and I have cried enough.. prayed some.. I just need to vent.. thank you JennieAmber.. case closed..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Call. Always call. It doesn't hurt and remember to send thank you cards to companies who interview you. Stupid little things that help.

Thank you notes are an excellent idea and I always send them. It does hurt sometimes to call, especially if a company specifically states directly on their website (if applying online) or on the paper application that they do not want to be contacted. In this economy there is definitely a "don't call us, we'll call you" atmosphere in some areas.

Upvote 0