ProAntiRevolution

Mar 27, 2010
✟2,264.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Gym rants:

1.I hate the grunters. I've been lifting weights since I was 14, never needed to make quasi-sex grunts to get anything done. I'm pretty sure no one needs to make quasi-sex grunts so loud they're audible over my iPod, which is turned up pretty loud.

2.There is no need to scream your rep count at the top of your lungs. Counting quietly, or silently, works just as well. I fairly certain none of the women on the cardio machines are going to run back and offer themselves to you because they heard your impressive rep count.

3.Wipe down the cardio equipment when you're done with it. Just because it isn't a bench doesn't mean you didn't sweat all over surfaces other people have to touch. When you're finished with free weights, put the plates back on the rack. Does anyone like having to go search around for the weight they need?

4.No one needs to wander around the locker room naked. I am sick to death of looking up from putting my shoes on only to get an eye full of hairy scrotum.

5.If you feel the need to try and hit on the girl at the counter, who is never going to go out with you in a million years, can you at least let me swipe my card first?

Reactions: scraparcs
Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gym rants:

1.I hate the grunters. I've been lifting weights since I was 14, never needed to make quasi-sex grunts to get anything done. I'm pretty sure no one needs to make quasi-sex grunts so loud they're audible over my iPod, which is turned up pretty loud.

2.There is no need to scream your rep count at the top of your lungs. Counting quietly, or silently, works just as well. I fairly certain none of the women on the cardio machines are going to run back and offer themselves to you because they heard your impressive rep count.

3.Wipe down the cardio equipment when you're done with it. Just because it isn't a bench doesn't mean you didn't sweat all over surfaces other people have to touch. When you're finished with free weights, put the plates back on the rack. Does anyone like having to go search around for the weight they need?

4.No one needs to wander around the locker room naked. I am sick to death of looking up from putting my shoes on only to get an eye full of hairy scrotum.

5.If you feel the need to try and hit on the girl at the counter, who is never going to go out with you in a million years, can you at least let me swipe my card first?

OK, first - ^_^^_^^_^

Now then! Number 1 made me chuckle. Number 2 made me laugh out loud. And number 4 made me shriek in horror!

Upvote 0

Oddish

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD.
Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, I am not even sure where to start and feel free to skip this post.

I find it annoying that:

• I am not moving out this year because it would be too risky with my application to student finance being so late.
  • the caving group didn't email me back with information on dates. Do they not want people to join?
  • it being so hard to find volunteer places.
  • it being impossible to get a part time job.
  • my friends except for one not bothering to stay into contact with me.
  • I have a brain condition affecting my eyesight, and din't find out till it was too late to do anything about it.
  • things seem to go well for others when they make minimal effort, where even when I try to achieve something there is lots of obstacles in my way which stop me.
  • most christians I have met I cannot relate to.
  • Actually, I cannot relate to most people.
  • that suicide is taboo.
  • that mental health issues are taboo.
  • that I have too much free time till uni and it is making my anxiety worse.

Upvote 0

Tallerthanatree

Veteran
Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
✟10,291.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Eh, depends what they're doing. I'm pretty noisy when doing deadlifts and heavy squats. If they're doing stuff on machines however, I completely agree.

- Skinny white kids with ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome). You've never done a row or a pullup in your life. Dont act like you're "jacked".
- Ed Hardy and all who wear it.
- Hipsters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
My only gym complaint (although I don't currently have access to one and do outdoor workouts) is when people wear perfume/cologne.

Oh, and this thread is like magic. I vent about my lack of interviews and get a call from an HR dept. Now I have a phone interview with a recruiter (for the company) scheduled. Yay! So, people, keep venting. It's a beautiful thing. :D

Upvote 0

Oddish

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD.
Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel so defeated and under attack. It is like no matter how hard I try, nothing works out. I have no clue what I want to do with my life anymore or if I should continue with my course anymore. I enjoy uni and the subject that I am studying, but it is putting me into debt, debt that I would have to pay off before entering a monastic lifestyle if I do decide to join a convent.

Upvote 0

penNpaper

Keep on moving
Nov 14, 2006
Youngstown
✟33,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm gonna vent about this venting thread yea that makes sense to me uh huh a paradox and some sort of TNT explosion will result lol j/k ^_^

I want to vent about peeps that complain about the little stupid things such as "waiter, my glass of water has three ice cubes, I wanted five, take it back" and "My husband is a doctor and I'll shopped all day along I don't deserve this sort of crappy service" and "I decided to buy two huge golden doors with diamonds as knobs, because I have the money" lol

The I'm better than you, BOW down to my AWESOMENESS attitude lol

God Bless,
Drew

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel so defeated and under attack. It is like no matter how hard I try, nothing works out. I have no clue what I want to do with my life anymore or if I should continue with my course anymore. I enjoy uni and the subject that I am studying, but it is putting me into debt, debt that I would have to pay off before entering a monastic lifestyle if I do decide to join a convent.

Awwww, Becks...

You know, college/university isn't for everyone. Have you considered working and getting out on your own, and seeing how that works for you? You can always go back to school a little later in life, when you've got some money saved up and maybe you can pay for your courses as you go.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and ripping clothes from bulking up so much. I literally have no wearable jeans.:|

Is this bulking up a good thing, though? If so, I understand, only in the reverse. I had plenty of clothes when I was big. Now that I've lost a lot of weight, I can fit my entire wardrobe (of clothes that fit properly) into one small suitcase.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallerthanatree

Veteran
Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
✟10,291.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Is this bulking up a good thing, though? If so, I understand, only in the reverse. I had plenty of clothes when I was big. Now that I've lost a lot of weight, I can fit my entire wardrobe (of clothes that fit properly) into one small suitcase.

Yes. Its mostly just my legs getting so big from going from not squatting at all to squatting 3 times a week. I've got a bit of chub to lose yet. I'm around 215 now, down from 220, and realistically I could probably get down to 200.

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

I was trying not to use this thread but...oy

Yes, my sister lives here...but she's a big girl, she can make her own decisions, and considering I've tried to help her tons and she knows my thoughts about all this...I'm done - other than that I'll just pray and wait...I'm not going to babysit her every hour of every day..don't ask me to.

Reactions: BRISH
Upvote 0

Tehchad

YOU! are awesome!
Nov 24, 2008
Colorado
✟18,194.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
sigh. I need the proverbial hug.

Mom and her new husband invited me to take a short trip to Montana next weekend. I'm a bit frustrated, bc that would be sick cool. Terry's son Pat is really cool and I'd like to see him. Thing is that it is so short notice and other staff is already taking next week off. Basically, I can't go and this trip "was planned" around me going. So Mom's disappointed, I'm certainly disappointed. ugh

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
sigh. I need the proverbial hug.

Mom and her new husband invited me to take a short trip to Montana next weekend. I'm a bit frustrated, bc that would be sick cool. Terry's son Pat is really cool and I'd like to see him. Thing is that it is so short notice and other staff is already taking next week off. Basically, I can't go and this trip "was planned" around me going. So Mom's disappointed, I'm certainly disappointed. ugh
:hug: :hug: I'm really sorry about that. I know how you feel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's official: my parents are the outlying source of my problems. The thing is though, even though they say they want to hear about my therapy, they lie. I feel like this is deja-vu.

Ugh.. I had to leave work early for it. "Where ya goin?" >_>

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ugh.. I had to leave work early for it. "Where ya goin?" >_>

I always call it the "doctors", no matter who I'm talking to. Referring it to therapy or psychiatric help means that I have a problem. :sorry:

Been there, too. I would just say I was sick (close enough, right?) and I'd bolt out the door. Things CAN get better, never give up trying!

I am sick of someone calling the police every time I walk down main st with a gun in the holster. It was dark- how could they even see it?

I wish my concealed weapons permit would be issued soon.

Are you one of those guys who refuses to sit with his back to the door in a restaurant?

Upvote 0