• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Venting I guess

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think it was wrong of me to write the Bible verses down....first because why hide what I believe in...even from my mother....and....it was the only thing that was Godly in my life at the time and it was all I had to hold on to...

Only back away from a fight if you don't think you can win....I think a Christian should have a little more faith than that. Although it is cool to keep the peace...it is also cool to stand up for what you believe in and know is the truth...

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Bams481 said:
I don't think it was wrong of me to write the Bible verses down....first because why hide what I believe in...even from my mother....and....it was the only thing that was Godly in my life at the time and it was all I had to hold on to...

And how has that worked out for you ?

The nature of the fruit which is borne tells us the nature of the tree and it's root . ( Whether the wisdom of the inspiration came from God or some other source ).

Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
<-----> James 3:12-18

Bams481 said:
Only back away from a fight if you don't think you can win....I think a Christian should have a little more faith than that. Although it is cool to keep the peace...it is also cool to stand up for what you believe in and know is the truth...

Our fight is not with other people , but with spiritual wickedness and the sinful appetites and urges which test our faith in Christ .

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. <-----> Ephesians 6:12

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds )
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
<-----> 2nd Corinthians 10:3-6

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. <-----> Psalm 119:11

... Written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. <-----> 2nd Corinthians 3:3

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
<-----> Hebrews 8:10+11

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
<-----> Romans 2:28+29

May The Lord Be Pleased To Bless .

wm

Upvote 0

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
wayfaring man said:
And how has that worked out for you ?

Well being that she eventually didn't care if I wrote on the mirror....and being that I was totally doing it for me...to keep myself at least a little close to God...it worked great. I have NEVER hid my believe in God. A high school girl in CO was asked if she believed in God with a gun to her head. She said yes...and was shot and killed. I have actually stood in a circle of athestest and clamed my belief. One of them came to me after all the other left...in tears....telling me that they were hurting...I brought her to a Christian mentor of mine...and she was saved that night....now living an awesome life for God. Her life was so worth any ridicule I took from the group of non-believers.

wayfaring man said:
Our fight is not with other people , but with spiritual wickedness and the sinful appetites and urges which test our faith in Christ .

Nope...our fight is with Satan...period. Satan causes spiritual wickedness and urges that test our faith with God...but the battle is with Satan and his demons. And in a battle...if you retreat and never try to recruit members...you will loose.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
...and this was while you were a teenager, struggling for survival in a situation we can't bear to imagine. Other people in that situation have killed their parents. To scribble on the mirror sounds very supportive, like you were staking a claim to an identity, since your identity was sapped and squelched every day.

It's true that pushing religion on another doesn't make them believe it. I think you were writing so you could feel something, see something, declare some light God in the darkness.

Upvote 0

MadeYouLook

i have the killer instincts of a small poodle
Jan 29, 2005
Mississippi
Visit site
✟5,190.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
i'm not gonna give you a long reply like most people with Bible passeges and stuff i'm just gonna tell ya that everyone of us in here have made mistakes that we regret but God still loves us. And all that stuff in your house was not his fault but more the people in the house.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Bams481 said:
Well being that she eventually didn't care if I wrote on the mirror....and being that I was totally doing it for me...to keep myself at least a little close to God...it worked great. I have NEVER hid my believe in God. A high school girl in CO was asked if she believed in God with a gun to her head. She said yes...and was shot and killed. I have actually stood in a circle of athestest and clamed my belief. One of them came to me after all the other left...in tears....telling me that they were hurting...I brought her to a Christian mentor of mine...and she was saved that night....now living an awesome life for God. Her life was so worth any ridicule I took from the group of non-believers.

Nope...our fight is with Satan...period. Satan causes spiritual wickedness and urges that test our faith with God...but the battle is with Satan and his demons. And in a battle...if you retreat and never try to recruit members...you will loose.

Bams ,

In the beginning of this thread , you wrote as one struggling with doubts and demons plaguing you . Behold , what a transformation ! For you now write as one who is an absolute authority on spiritual warfare .

Yet , I must confess , those who claim to have " NEVER " done something which is common amongst humanity are usually in deep denial and trying to overcompensate as a result .

This normally leads to an unstable series of exagerated " highs " and " lows " .

And it is more the " high " which sets one up for the " low " , than it is the " low " bringing about the " high " .

I don't reckon I've ever done anything exactly right . Nor , have I yet to understand anything in utter completeness .

But here's the good news , the faith given us isn't in me , it's in Jesus Christ .

The point I've tried to communicate was that we should show respect to other people and their property , regardless of whether or not they " believe " as we " do " .

Personally , I don't experience , battling with Satan much any more . Now , I see him more as filling his necessary ( albeit dishonorable ) role .

When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him. <-----> Proverbs 16:7

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil. <-----> Proverbs 16:4

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. <-----> Revelation 4:11

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction ....? <-----> Romans 9:22

Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally
... <-----> Jude 1:9+10

And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? <-----> Acts 19:15

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
<-----> 2nd Timothy 2:19+20

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. <-----> James 2:19

To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. <-----> 1st Corinthians 5:5

But I realize some still feel the need to have a scapegoat . ( See Leviticus Ch. 16 )

Yet , in the light of God's Mercy , in The New Testament , accepting accountability for our falling short and confessing our sin , is what Faith in The Cleansing Power of Christ's Blood is all about ; for as long as we attribute our wretchedness to someone other than ourself , we continue to attribute to them power over us , and more importantly , we miss out on being fully forgiven . As it is written -

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
<-----> 1st John 1:8+9

In other words if we say we either have never sinned , or that our sin is not our fault , then we cannot enter into the ever thankful , ever indebted relationship with Christ ; as one who has been mercifully spared the wrath of God . Because , it is only by casting all denial , excuses , and scapegoats to the wind , and coming face to face with our deserving to be thrown into the lake of fire , that we can then fully appreciate what Jesus has done on our behalf .

As it is written -

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. <-----> Luke 15:7

May The Lord Be Pleased To Confirm The Truth Of His Word . Amen .

Sincerely ,

wm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
One who has had to battle demons for years usually does come closer to being an expert, knowing the tactics and tendencies of the enemy. One who, after years of battling demons, admits that they would like help overcoming strong ones, is wise to ask for help. They know that there are forces stronger than themselves...they know that we can't always muster the emotional and physical strength to battle supernatural forces on our own. Humilty does not equal lack of knowledge or experience.

Upvote 0

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have no clue why she decided to move this thread here....this has got to be the dumbest place for this. I'll probably get in trouble for saying that. I woud like to see it in the general struggles section on the christian area...but that's ok...i am much too sick and much too weak to protest. I had to deal with a really high fever last night...which has left me extremely weak today...my hands are shaking. Anyways...pray for me all who can...sorry for this being moved to this section...wasn't my idea....

Upvote 0

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OnEarth said:
Anytime you feel like something is coming against you say this.
I Rebuke the devil Cast down Satan and Praise GOD

Every morning that you wake up and go to sleep. Pray the blood of Christ upon you for protection wisdom strength and guidance. The Devil is weak and holds no power on you.

I used to do this...sorta...Danny tought me to pray angels on the 4 corners of my bedroom to keep me safe at night and to give me good dreams...it used to work....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OnEarth said:
Did you tell God you love him before you told him you hate him?

hmmmm....good and intresting question...i think i did...but not sure. Didn't really know who God was before i was saved at 14...and was on fire for him then....but that quickly died and i then stared to hate him...so i guess the answer is yes....

Upvote 0

OnEarth

May 17, 2005
✟431.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The question is did you? Do you? Ive seen God and I have heard God as well seen many Angels in front of my eyes. If you know that evil spirits do exist and you know God exists. Why have you stopped believeing in him? What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Im sure God has stopped you from death.

The point is that God is there and he is still there. Hes kept you strong and standing through your tough situation. Why dont you take the route in faith and leave that enviroment to work for the lord? It would be best that you steer clear of the Devils path and walk towards the lords. He's there but he wants you to follow him out and into the kingdom. You have to keep praying and praising him. The words of the lord are your weapon. Next time your mother attacks you scream bible verses and the lord will do the rest. Try it and I bet you it works.

Remember to pray the blood of Christ and speak with him. He is listening.
Next time your attacked say out loud

IN JESUS NAME I REBUKE THE DEVIL CAST DOWN SATAN AND PRAISE GOD IN THE NAME OF JESUS.

The word that they cannot with stand is JESUS

Ive been attacked by demons and seen satan. YOU HAVE TO USE JESUS. THAT IS THE WEAPON. Even if you have to SCREAM IT!

Gods shown me that your room is your safe zone. Put the bible by your door and pray protection over it.

What is your first and last name?

Upvote 0