• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Venting I guess

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah...I have always done that. I knew I needed something to keep me going...no matter how small. This is gonna sound really stupid but when I got my first apartment, I would right myself little notes on a postits. Stick on my computer, Bambi you are smart. On my bathroom mirror, Bambi you are beautiful. On the fridge, Bambi you have a great body. And just random places...you have a great smile...you are a wonderful person...God loves you. I have no clue where I got that idea but it really helped....a lot actually. I hate myself more and more because of the tape player of things that was said to me keeps running in my head. This is a way to sorta reprogram it. I have stopped doing it...but it would be a good idea when I move to Kansas and live alone again...I don;t want anyone else to see them...cause they are for me...I would get too embarrased if anyone else saw.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, they might not realize how much you need that. It's common in self-help circles. I used to think it was silly, but once I worked with a woman who used to compliment me a lot, and it bothered me...I realized that I had been told I was wrong or undeserving by so many people, that I didn't believe her. Working with her for a year made me realize how powerful her positive words were in my life.

Upvote 0

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟20,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Zen_Woof said:
Hello.

I am Buddhist, not Christian. But I respect the faith tremendously. From what I understand, God does not fulfill wishes ... He guides and teaches ... the rest is up to you. I see from your profile that you are 24 years old ... I think it would be good to talk to someone ... a clergy member or a professional ... about what has happened and try to work through your emotions. You aren't alone in what has happened. Don't lose faith because of bad experiences in the world.

Metta,
Jacqui

Thank you. I respect all relgions...never really bneen into Buddhism...but thank you for your comment :hug:

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Bam,
I don't know if it will help, but I went through twenty years of someone telling me how stupid and useless I was, and rejected everything about me that was me. I had to learn to listen to what God said of me and reject what this person said of me. To do that I would constantly read the bible and soak into my heart all those things that spoke of His love and acceptance. Isaiah spoke very loudly for me, and I took words like this as a personal word from God to me...

(Isa 41:9) You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, And called from its remotest parts And said to you, 'You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you.

(Isa 41:10) 'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

(Isa 41:11) "Behold, all those who are angered at you will be shamed and dishonored; Those who contend with you will be as nothing and will perish.

(Isa 41:12) "You will seek those who quarrel with you, but will not find them, Those who war with you will be as nothing and non-existent.

(Isa 41:13) "For I am the LORD your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.'

(Isa 41:14) "Do not fear, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel; I will help you," declares the LORD, "and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah from chapter 40 onwards, the Psalms, David had to contend with enemies trying to kill him all the time. As heron said, you've been put into the front lines and have had to battle the enemy right from the start. Anything condemning and negative said to you is a tactic of the enemy to bring you down and make you useless in God's kingdom. The only way to get back on top and gain your sense of worth in God's eyes is to keep studying what He says and let it live in your heart.

Blessings..

Upvote 0
V

Vigil

Bams481 said:

Sister, I did not mean that to sound, well, "Rude" but to allow you to realize the truth.
It is hard to accept that God loves you so much, you are worth his flesh and blood. Because, when we come to understand that God loves us that Much, we can come to love ourselves. But if you look at the world, with it's hate and hard rules and people pointing fingers and passing comdemnment on people, it is clear as day that people loose that light inside of them.

I Am Loved, I am important, and One day, I shall be called home to the eternal grace and acceptance of God my creator. This is very hard on people to come to terms with.

They want this world, they want these things, they seek materal love, Greed, wealth, and many other things. They want fame, and to judge others. They want power, and so many things, to fill that Void in their life, that Gods love can fill.

In some cases it's just hard to accept that they are loved that much, when they don't love themselves that Much, How can God, this being of such power, able to do what no martal can, look upon me, with such value, hwo can God love me that Much, when all I see of myself is....... "This"......

it is hard Sister, But God, does love you, and the more you can fill yourself with Gods Love, you can come to realize, you are something of value, something precious, someone that God has set a gift aside for, to make sure that you can be with him always, in a place he has crafted for you. To take up your wings and enter heaven in love and grace.

It's not about rules and buildings and what have you and what nots, it's about God, it's about his Endless and undying love, for you, to lay his life down, to feel suffering, to bleed his blood, that for no purpose other to to redeem you, his child, his daughter, his loved creation.

is this a hard thing to do?

Yes, it is very hard.

Look out your window, and you will see countless people that can not come to terms with it, because it is just too hard to do.

God Bless

Vigil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MinDach

Dec 23, 2003
USA
✟888.00
Faith
Christian
If I feel super mad at God

Well I do not blame you, that is normal feeling to have. There is a book in the bible about a young boy who's own brother's wanted to kill him, but some of the brother's just wanted to get rid of him instead, so they sold him to another race of people, this young man want thr Hell just like you are, but there was a reason for this young man trials, for God wanted this boy in a certain place at a right time to do Good for alot of people, for he saved many lives. We may not alway understand why we go thr different hardships, but in time we look back and understand what was happening. Now you have a background in Wiccans, you know there are real demon's, with this information, there are many people you can help, many lives you can save. You need to forgive your self and God. Do not look at it as you failed in trying to stay a Christian, you had a large load to carry. Make peace with your maker, and love again.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks, Tavita, for posting all those verses. We all need those.
I have another favorite:

Hosea 2:23

I will plant her for myself in the land; I will show my love to the one I called 'Not my loved one.*' I will say to those called 'Not my people,'** 'You are my people'; and they will say, 'You are my God.' "

*[Hebrew Lo-Ruhamah]
**[Hebrew Lo-Ammi]

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Quote:
Originally Posted by: wayfaring man
This was a mistake , we cannot force what is meant to be thankfully and graciously received upon anyone .

Bams reply - I wasn't doing it for her...I was doing it for me. I wrote Bible verses every where...on my fish tank...my windows...my bedroom mirror.

Anyways...it is like 1am now and I am soooo tired.

Sorry for the delayed response . Been too
busy .

First I'm being led to say , that , I've made this same sort of mistake myself , and these are some of the things which came to me as an understanding to enable being guarded against reoccurances .

For example , there's one man which comes by regularly where I'm working and tries to engage me ; and I've discovered that the spirits which motivate his ungodly reactions , actually try to get me to mention something Sacred something Precious , so they can launch a assault upon those things and even myself . So , what I'm led to do is treat him as if he were a pleasant fellow , but keep my words on the casual side , and ignore his proddings to enter into a " religious debate / discussion " . And I can see how this frustrates him profusely . Once , he even came to me in tears , asking to be forgiven for the way he had been treating me ... but even though I assured him there was no hard feelings , this lasted only a brief time and he's returned to being adversarial and clumsy with instigation .

Therefore , it is wise to conceal that which is Holy from them who are on the attack mode . But sometimes , our refusal to enter into their line of desperate reasoning , does reach out and help them accept the conviction of The Holy Spirit , which is the first step in their being made free by The Truth which is in Christ Jesus .

Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
<-----> Matthew 3:5-9

If we recognize that another / others are offended or angered by seeing or hearing The Word of The Lord . We should refrain from putting The Word in their place / in their face , and switch to focusing on demonstrating the virtue and the grace which understanding God's Word enables , and keep the word close and handy , but in a private way .

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. <-----> Matthew 10:16

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. <-----> Matthew 7:6

On another note - It's good to hear that you have a vision of going somewhere where your healing and deliverance will be nurtured and supported by others in Christ's Faith .

A person who has been through alot like yourself and grown to hate their own mortal existence , has a great advantage of having little or no " treasure in this world " to hold them back from seeking The Treasure of God's Kingdom with their whole heart .

What has seemed as an awful curse , will turn to be an Awesome Blessing when surrendered into The Hands of God in The Faith of Christ .

This continues to be the experience of The unfolding Abundant Life which is in Jesus . Thank You Lord !!!

May God Grant Your Every Good And Godly Desire , In Jesus Name . Amen .

Sincerely ,

wm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zen_Woof

Feb 3, 2004
✟2,226.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
heron said:
oh, that's nice. Thanks for writing that out.

Padme--that must be where Star Wars got the name...for the compassionate ruler who humbled herself.

Hello.

I think it's rather nice too. Don't know about Star Wars though. The efficacy of the writing has slid a long way from the first movie (Ep. 3). But that is a rant for another time ... (I'm a bit of a sci fi fan, as it seems several are on this forum!) :)

Take it easy,
ZW

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yay!

..."so they sold him to another race of people, this young man want thru Hell just like you are, but there was a reason for this young man trials, for God wanted this boy in a certain place at a right time to do Good for a lot of people, for he saved many lives. We may not alway understand why we go thru different hardships, but in time we look back and understand what was happening. " -Min Dach

Hehe, just trying to bring the conversation back full circle.

Upvote 0