Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The dog grabbed a cup of coffee off the table and spilled it all over the carpet yesterday. Our oldest was home for almost 3 hours before I got there and didn't even pick up the cup. I don't blame her for not shampooing the carpet, but to not even pick up the cup? Seriously?

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So I'm out camping all weekend long. Had 120 girls and 30 parents to look after. I get back to a house where nothing had been done, but my hubby swears he did the "grocery shopping" I call B.S. he spent $130 at the store, but I am not seeing any groceries. We are out of everything: Trash Bags, Laundry Soap, Dish Soap, Veggies (there is not a single veggie canned, frozen or fresh in this house) Cat Food, Kitty Litter, Paper Towels, Toliet Paper, Window Cleaner, Meats....nothing! What in the world did he spend $130 at the store for?

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how I'm suppose to take a "-1" as a rep as anything but insulting. Which never seem like something you'd do. But who knows. I just wish if you were going to insult me you'd do it on the board were its out in the open. Just so you know, you were one of the Christians that I use to look up to on this site.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know how I'm suppose to take a "-1" as a rep as anything but insulting. Which never seem like something you'd do. But who knows. I just wish if you were going to insult me you'd do it on the board were its out in the open. Just so you know, you were one of the Christians that I use to look up to on this site.

I don't understand this rep thing

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand this rep thing
It's a way of giving someone a quick comment without posting publicly or firing off a PM or Visitor Message. You can see the rep comments in your UserCP below your subscribed threads. Rep comments also give them "rep points" which display on your profile. The more points you get, the "cooler" you are...so to speak.

I probably over-use the rep feature myself to give comments.

Signed,
Former staffer who loves explaining stuff.
:cool:

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I didn't know anyone COULD give negative rep. That's pretty cheap...

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How to do it? People just say insulting things (like the "-1" to MoonKitty) through the rep comment. It doesn't actually take away points....but, those points don't really have any value anyway. It seems even more offensive than any comments made in a thread or on a visitors page........because it's completely done in secret....away from view of others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
How to do it? People just say insulting things (like the "-1" to MoonKitty) through the rep comment. It doesn't actually take away points....but, those points don't really have any value anyway. It seems even more offensive than any comments made in a thread or on a visitors page........because it's completely done in secret....away from view of others.
Right. CF doesn't allow up or down rating a post like you can on YouTube for example. But you can make a negative rep comment if you choose.

I've gotten in trouble in the past for giving negative rep comments...usually responding to an obvious troll post. I know better.
:blush:

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Yeah, but good to stroke the ol' ego, though! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

illudium_phosdex

Insert witty title here.
Dec 5, 2005
Alaska
✟14,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm going to vent about myself. I'm so sick of the way I am constantly putting things off and not making time for important things. And yeah, I know, I could just get up and do it. And I do try. The spirit is willing but the flesh is definitely weak so to speak.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
.......*ouch* that's something I can relate to (the garage being a disaster out of lack of motivation). It's full of decisions I don't want to make (keep or get rid of). I'm afraid of making decisions I will regret.....so, I just don't make them.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because I was thinking about this topic, while my son had to stand in the garage and sand his rocket for Cub Scouts, I cleaned up the garage a bit. It's amazing how many things the kids will just toss out of the car and leave on the floor in the garage - trash, clothes, shoes, projects and kitchen items. I threw out so much crap last night. The garage is vastly improved from about 20 minutes of work.

Upvote 0