Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Epidemiologic studies are the weakest possible studies. They are not a proof of anything, because they are very unreliable.
Moreover, the "omnivore" results are the mass of people who are eating a modern "dirty" diet of ultra-processed foods, while the vegetarian results are of people eating a careful, "clean" diet. There are zero studies in which the "omnivore" results are from people eating a clean omnivore diet.

With all the ultra-processed vegan junk food now being marketed, we may be able to have more equitable studies possible in 20 years.

Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Are you trying to say that the meat that was eaten by the priest in the Bible was the same quality as what people are eating today?
In the beginning man's diet was plant based before the flood. God allowed the eating of meat due to scarcity of plant foods right afterwards.
God then gave His people strict instructions of what is ok and what is not. Many Christians do not understand that the foods God declared "unclean" are still unclean according to the Jews. We have free will and we can't make Jews out of Gentiles, but we can certainly glean some wisdom from the Jews and the 7th day Adventists when it comes to diet. It is strange how many Christians eat Pork, Catfish, and Seafood not just occasionally, but eat lots and often and wonder why some many strange diseases and sicknesses are among God's people.
I take God at His word. I'm 72, fit and well. I've had some illness but nothing to do with diet. My Bible tells me that there is no such thing as unclean any more and that I need allow no one to be my judge. I don't care if people decide to live on bread and water. It's none of my business. It's nobody else's business what I eat or don't eat either.

More people die from stress and worry than from dietary problems. This rubbish about diet is a first world obsession. Many in less fortunate countries are glad of anything to eat. Tell me how spiritual the Muslims are with their food obsessions. Maybe that's why they go around blowing up others, they are jealous. I'm joking, of course, but food laws are no longer applicable to the born again. It's still what comes out of the mouth that defiles, not what goes in.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Nutrient-Dense, Plant-Rich (NDPR) Diet in Cancer Survivors: Case Series
Joel H. Fuhrman, MD & Deana M. Ferreri, PhD
2021 International Journal of Disease Reversal and Prevention (IJDRP). www.ijdrp.org ISSN: 2638-2091

"The nutrient-dense, plant-rich (NDPR) guidelines include daily intake of cruciferous vegetables, carotenoid-rich vegetables, beans or other legumes, onions and/or garlic, mushrooms, berries and/or pomegranate, and nuts and seeds. Epidemiologic studies have established lower cancer risk associated with greater intake of these foods. The acronym G-BOMBS is supplied to our patients to aid their inclusion of greens, beans, onions, mushroom, berries, and seeds."

I eat a minimal amount of vegetables, under duress from my wife. I'm 72, never had cancer, never had a bowel problem, I ride my bike for an hour 3-4 times a week. The biggest issues for health are stress and worry and lack of exercise. When "science" makes up its mind about what is healthy and what is not, I might take notice. Yesterday's villain is today's hero, butter for example. Wine is good for you or deadly, depending on which "expert" you believe. The Lord showed me to eat museli for breakfast and have fish twice a week. That's for me, nobody else. We are all different so diet is not "one size fits all".

Upvote 0