Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Speaking of "disingenuous", using VAERS to nullify VAERS surely qualifies. The CDC and FDA co-manage VAERS. I doubt their employees would appreciate that or support it.
I didn't use VAERS to nullify VAERS at all. The Data Usage Guide is a part of VAERS , and tells one how to use it. VAERS is what it is - a database of reports that are not substantiated as to cause and effect.
So your accusation, friend, was false. Try reading the Data Usage Guide for VAERS. It is educational.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The thing I dislike the most is people claiming that the unvaccinated are responsible for others contracting the COVID virus or are responsible for others dying from it when it’s common knowledge that the vaccine doesn’t stop someone from contracting or spreading the virus.

The important thing is that vaccinated people are much, much less likely to have a COVID-19 infection. So the unvaccinated are prolonging the pandemic and making more people sick.

Upvote 0

Crwth

He must increase but I must decrease
Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Opening Post is disingenuous.
Um, kind of hard to separate the “opening post” from the “opening poster” – they are in fact one in the same so, kudos for so deftly impugning my honesty! (The top two synonyms for disingenuous being deceitful and dishonest)
One, on one hand, it is presented as about the Covid vaccine but the numbers are off all vaccines in that time.

Two, and most inportant, the data on VAERS is being misused or misunderstood. If one is going to use VAERS, then it would be wise to read the Data Use Guide first.

< snip >

My advice is to research in actual academic and official sites, find out how to interpret the data (ad in the Data User Guide) , and refrain from conspiracy sites, or listening to an armchair 'expert's' interpretation.
First, if you read any of the earlier posts, you’d know we dealt conclusively with any issues about the kinds of vaccines in the data. I made it patently and unequivocally clear the data was about ALL VACCINES – I repeated this three (3) separate times in fact – in the very OP (that I wrote) that you’re so rashly dissing.

Second, if you had read any of those earlier posts you’d also realize we’d dealt conclusively as well about the nature of the data in the VAERS database – INCLUDING the VAERS guide about how to use the data – which I also acknowledged.

In other words, you’ve managed to completely miss the point – so these little barbs are having no impact. I’m sorry to say that, but I find their repetition rather insipid at this point. They have already been made, and addressed, and properly dismissed, many posts ago.

But since you, and perhaps others missed it, I’ll repeat the point – the VAERS database has been collecting data from vaccine providers for over 30 years now; all manner of data. I focused on two aspects of it – the number of reports and the number of reported deaths. For 30 years the number of reported “events” (ALL events) has varied from about 12,000 in 1990 to about 50,000 in 2020. For 30 years the reported number of “death events” after receiving a vaccine has been on average about 150 a year +/-. With me so far?

Causation? Correlation? An unchanged variable in interpretation of the data throughout all years of the data.

In the first 4 months of 2021 (this is a correction as I thought the data included the month of May, but it only went to May 1), the number of reported “events” jumped ten-fold from the previous year, from ~50k to almost 500k. The number of reported “death events” jumped forty-fold from the annual average of ~150 to nearly 6,000. These are statistically significant increases; but extrapolate those numbers out to the end of this year by tripling them (4 months x 3 = 12) and you get some very significant numbers.

NO ONE can deny the fact that these numbers are statistically significant. No one.
But significant to what conclusion? Isn't that the real point here?

My conclusion in the OP? “I find this data very sobering.

Make of that what you will but that is as far as I went. Did I draw any other conclusions than “sobering?” No. Does the thread title or the first paragraph in the OP infer anything other than “sobering?” No. Did I ever assert the data suggested the deaths reported were due to COVID? No.

THAT said, I unequivocally reassert the fact that these data are undeniably statistically significant – and sobering. I don't care what spin is put on it, or by whom. This fact is undeniable.

But let the reader draw their own conclusion as to their significance.

As to your unsolicited “advice” about refraining from “conspiracy sites, or listening to an armchair ‘expert’s’ interpretation” of this topic, I can assure you I went to no such places; didn’t cite them, didn’t reference them, in fact – I even made it explicitly clear I was doing this entirely on my own. I don’t even know which sites or ‘experts’ they are to which you’re referring – do you; maybe you can enlighten me?

Do I deny the existence of COVID? No. Do I deny its seriousness? No. Do I deny people have both died and suffered long term consequences from contracting it? No. Do I minimize that in any way, shape or form? No.

Do I deny the statistical significance of the VAERS data? No. But it's apparent you and several others here do. Why? I can't begin to guess.

Since we’re giving advice, let me give you a little of my own – the next time you feel compelled to impugn the honesty of or make rash and hasty judgments about another member of this site or their posts – and I say this with all due respect and consideration for your position here - maybe take a few minutes to first consider the appropriateness of such behavior.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Um, kind of hard to separate the “opening post” from the “opening poster” – they are in fact one in the same so, kudos for so deftly impugning my honesty! (The top two synonyms for disingenuous being deceitful and dishonest)
Not intended personally. I meant the argument, which is why I specified opening post.

First, if you read any of the earlier posts, you’d know we dealt conclusively with any issues about the kinds of vaccines in the data. I made it patently and unequivocally clear the data was about ALL VACCINES – I repeated this three (3) separate times in fact – in the very OP (that I wrote) that you’re so rashly dissing.
But you started the OP with this:
"I'm getting tired of all the fear-mongering threads about so-and-so wishing they'd got the vaccine but didn't and suffered.... however. The propaganda is getting very old. "
"propaganda" is like newspeak or disinformation. The antonyms include honesty and truth, so your use of that term could be seen as calling all those who say they wished for the vaccine or posted about that as dishonest or untruthful.

Second, if you had read any of those earlier posts you’d also realize we’d dealt conclusively as well about the nature of the data in the VAERS database – INCLUDING the VAERS guide about how to use the data – which I also acknowledged.

In other words, you’ve managed to completely miss the point – so these little barbs are having no impact. I’m sorry to say that, but I find their repetition rather insipid at this point. They have already been made, and addressed, and properly dismissed, many posts ago.

But since you, and perhaps others missed it, I’ll repeat the point – the VAERS database has been collecting data from vaccine providers for over 30 years now; all manner of data. I focused on two aspects of it – the number of reports and the number of reported deaths. For 30 years the number of reported “events” (ALL events) has varied from about 12,000 in 1990 to about 50,000 in 2020. For 30 years the reported number of “death events” after receiving a vaccine has been on average about 150 a year +/-. With me so far?

Causation? Correlation? An unchanged variable in interpretation of the data throughout all years of the data.

Yep - but the data does not prove causaton as being the vaccine. In other words, the report does not prove the vaccine caused the deaths in any way. The reports vary in quality, and are often incomplete or inaccurate.

In the first 4 months of 2021 (this is a correction as I thought the data included the month of May, but it only went to May 1), the number of reported “events” jumped ten-fold from the previous year, from ~50k to almost 500k. The number of reported “death events” jumped forty-fold from the annual average of ~150 to nearly 6,000. These are statistically significant increases; but extrapolate those numbers out to the end of this year by tripling them (4 months x 3 = 12) and you get some very significant numbers.

Yep, and that is because COVID 19 has dominated the news nearly every day. Conspiracy theories like it was all a hoax or a bioweapon from China (tested on their own I suppose) or other creative thought abounded. Conspiracy theories about the vaccine itself were numerous - as in it makes a person magnetic, or makes people infertile, or changes DNA, or is the mark of the beast. Is it a surprize that a highly publicized vaccine is reported more? And by whom? What about the doctor that thinks women's gynecological problems are caused by sleeping with demons in their dreams, and felt the cure was the malaria drug?

No other vaccine has been met with such a bulk of misinformation and hostility as this one. The anti-vax movement has following but the lies with this one have been incredible along with the lies about the virus itself.

NO ONE can deny the fact that these numbers are statistically significant. No one.
But significant to what conclusion? Isn't that the real point here?

My conclusion in the OP? “I find this data very sobering.

And yet when people were dying in big numbers from the virus, a certain group including a president at the time denied the significance.

Make of that what you will but that is as far as I went. Did I draw any other conclusions than “sobering?” No. Does the thread title or the first paragraph in the OP infer anything other than “sobering?” No. Did I ever assert the data suggested the deaths reported were due to COVID? No.

You started off with the propaganda comment already tainting what followed.

As to your unsolicited “advice” about refraining from “conspiracy sites, or listening to an armchair ‘expert’s’ interpretation” of this topic, I can assure you I went to no such places; didn’t cite them, didn’t reference them, in fact – I even made it explicitly clear I was doing this entirely on my own. I don’t even know which sites or ‘experts’ they are to which you’re referring – do you; maybe you can enlighten me?
The advice was general. Many on this site have posted as if they are virologists, or epidemiologists, or medical examiners and made all types of claims.

Do I deny the existence of COVID? No. Do I deny its seriousness? No. Do I deny people have both died and suffered long term consequences from contracting it? No. Do I minimize that in any way, shape or form? No.

Never said you did.

Since we’re giving advice, let me give you a little of my own – the next time you feel compelled to impugn the honesty of or make rash and hasty judgments about another member of this site or their posts – and I say this with all due respect and consideration for your position here - maybe take a few minutes to first consider the appropriateness of such behavior.

Back at you. Next time you want to post numbers, don't start off complaining about "propaganda" ;)

• Winner
Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
In effect, you have modified your own genetic make-up to fight COVID without actually gaining immunity or reducing transmissibility.
If you don't gain immunity, why have millions of people gained immunity? Stop living in fear and join us in 2021.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
BTW, I find it is interesting that the percentage of 437,000 (reports in VAERS) in 348,000,000 (doses given) is 0.000125575%

I repeatedly read that Covid is 99% survivable, meaning 1% is not.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have bad news for you...

Dr. Michael Bolding told CNN this is no longer a disease of the elderly and frail.

“You can’t be too healthy for this virus,” he said. “We are seeing people that crossfit on Tuesday and are on a ventilator on Friday. I can’t get the word out enough of what we’re seeing back here in these units.”

Dr. Bolding wants everyone to remember that the vaccine doesn’t work once you’re infected.

“I see someone daily for the last three weeks that is possibly dying, certainly very sick, that asks if they can get their vaccine,” he told CNN. “ And it is heartbreaking to tell them that that time has passed. That was five to six weeks ago to prevent this.”
A doctor's warning about COVID: The delta variant is killing young and healthy people

But, mainly the frail, weak, old etc ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Subdood
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Just grow up and get vaccinated like a rational adult. Quit willingly spreading your deadly disease to the public.

I personally know a marathon runner in his twenties who died in New York. He used to call home every day. When he missed a day, his mom found out that he died overnight from COVID so don't tell me it doesn't kill healthy people.

Lol, very Christian of u.

Vaccinated think they are super human yet dont realise THEY are just as likely to spread the virus...

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Lol, very Christian of u.

Vaccinated think they are super human yet dont realise THEY are just as likely to spread the virus...
Where did you hear that? We are not at all as likely to spread your brand of diseased mucus. Stop spreading misinformation.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Where did you hear that? We are not at all as likely to spread your brand of diseased mucus. Stop spreading misinformation.

Open ur eyes my friend.

Vaccinated DO spread covid.

From the CDC:

Walensky said CDC investigations have found that the amount of virus present in vaccinated people infected with Delta is similar to the levels found in unvaccinated people with Delta infections. That's an indication that vaccinated people can easily transmit the virus — even though they're less likely to get sick on the whole.

CDC says fully vaccinated people spread the Delta variant and should wear masks: 'This new science is worrisome'

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Subdood
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Are you floating a new front of censorship? The Rules say this:

"We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system."

From what I can tell, members on CF have been respectful of this dictum. It says nothing about variants or vaccines.

I was just reflecting on how these threads tend to progress, there is an underlying denial of the virus the more the anti-vax threads progress.

Also, a variant is still covid, saying it isn't real (which people have alluded to in the past) is the same as saying covid doesn't exist.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But, covid is 99% survivable without a vaccine. Its the weak, frail, old etc that have problems when it comes to covid.
So you've not seen the reports that the Delta variant is hospitalizing kids and young adults now ???

COVID has changed ... for the worse. It's infecting MORE people ... AND MORE categories of people.

The more people who are vaccinated ... the less likely it is that COVID will morph into an even worse variant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing I notice is left out in these threads of "yea or nay" in terms of vaccination is those under the age of 12 who cannot be vaccinated. . . . is there a reason for that?
Vaccine studies with children haven't been completed ...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for responding to that awful post.

99% survivable, except when it's not for 600k+ Americans.
1% of the American population ... is 3 million people. If we just accept the 99% death rate as okay, another 2.4 million Americans are on the chopping block ...

• Agree
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Vaccine studies with children haven't been completed ...
It seems those against vaccination think this age group is invincible, or that the disease is fictional.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems those against vaccination think this age group is invincible, or that the disease is fictional.
So ... being fair, the focus was less on children initially, because children were much less at risk with the native version of COVID.

Vaccine work was concentrated on those groups most at risk at that time ... the elderly, and those with co-morbidities ...

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Open ur eyes my friend.

Vaccinated DO spread covid.

From the CDC:

Walensky said CDC investigations have found that the amount of virus present in vaccinated people infected with Delta is similar to the levels found in unvaccinated people with Delta infections. That's an indication that vaccinated people can easily transmit the virus — even though they're less likely to get sick on the whole.

CDC says fully vaccinated people spread the Delta variant and should wear masks: 'This new science is worrisome'
That is the Delta variant. Keep cherry-picking if it makes you feel safe.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.