✟1,149,907.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Trump plans to open US consulate in Greenland after row over offer to buy

Trumps whole buying Greenland mess, is an example of him putting cart before the horse. It is something that should have been done through actual diplomatic channels, opening a consulate in Greenland would have been a good first step.

He has instead antagonised and annoyed Denmark and I suspect Greenland as well.

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Greenland has said they are open for business. Greenland is self governed, they could decide to become a part of the US on their own and Denmark would support that. Maybe for even very little money that could happen. I watched an interview with Denmark politicians about the future of Greenland. Their emphasis was their future belonged to the Greenlanders and not to Denmark.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,907.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Greenland has said they are open for business. Greenland is self governed, they could decide to become a part of the US on their own and Denmark would support that.
Which is why I said Trump put cart before horse. Ie. You open a consulate, woo the Greenlanders, don’t just randomly tweet you want to buy Greenland, and pull out in a huff because Denmark called his approach absurd.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Greenland would never become like Puerto Rico which is such a disaster, they have a very small population and likely never will have too many living there. Right now the unemployment is high in Greenland as there is not much to do except for fishing. Greenland has tremendous amounts of construction grade sand, yes believe it or not, sand from deserts is too smooth and cant be used in concrete and is in short supply worldwide. It seems their future look pretty bright for their economy, especially if some of the arctic sea lanes open up for improved shipping.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Greenland would never become like Puerto Rico which is such a disaster, they have a very small population and likely never will have too many living there. Right now the unemployment is high in Greenland as there is not much to do except for fishing. Greenland has tremendous amounts of construction grade sand, yes believe it or not, sand from deserts is too smooth and cant be used in concrete and is in short supply worldwide. It seems their future look pretty bright for their economy, especially if some of the arctic sea lanes open up for improved shipping.
Not if they allow themselves to get bought cheaply and cut out of the loop, it doesn't.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Not if they allow themselves to get bought cheaply and cut out of the loop, it doesn't.
Greenland actually has valuable minerals in its land. Regardless business will employ people and bring people from all over to work, the country has room to grow bigger. Puerto Rico has nothing to offer except Toursim.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greenland has said they are open for business. Greenland is self governed, they could decide to become a part of the US on their own and Denmark would support that. Maybe for even very little money that could happen. I watched an interview with Denmark politicians about the future of Greenland. Their emphasis was their future belonged to the Greenlanders and not to Denmark.

Someone should point this out to Trump.

Which is why I said Trump put cart before horse. Ie. You open a consulate, woo the Greenlanders, don’t just randomly tweet you want to buy Greenland, and pull out in a huff because Denmark called his approach absurd.

Trump's fragile ego will not allow anyone to describe his idea as absurd.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Greenland actually has valuable minerals in its land. Regardless business will employ people and bring people from all over to work, the country has room to grow bigger.
I don't think many people in greenland have expertise in mineral mining and refining.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Trumps whole buying Greenland mess, is an example of him putting cart before the horse. It is something that should have been done through actual diplomatic channels, opening a consulate in Greenland would have been a good first step.

I would not underestimate Mr Trump. He has a plan, it may not work, but he likes to keep people off balance and guessing.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would not underestimate Mr Trump. He has a plan, it may not work, but he likes to keep people off balance and guessing.

So I have heard for the past two years and I have yet to see any evidence that Trump has anything that would qualify as a "plan" unless you consider his gut instinct of the day to be a plan....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,907.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So does Baldrick. A really cunning one.

Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You overestimate his attention span.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Yep! And all the usual suspects keep falling for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Trump: I want to buy Greenland

Denmark: Greenland isn’t for sale

Trump: I’d like to open a consulate there

Denmark: we are antagonized and annoyed.

Huh?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump: I want to buy Greenland

Denmark: Greenland isn’t for sale

Trump: I’d like to open a consulate there

Denmark: we are antagonized and annoyed.

Huh?
The guy just can’t take no for an answer.

Quite typical of his kind.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Correct.

His plan is to build the consulate and then make it incrementally bigger over time.

Soon it will be as big as the entire island and technically American soil.

4D chess, indeed.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, when did he buy it? Or..... did the Danes say no to the consulate?
He didn’t because tiny Denmark was able to put the United States in its place. I think even Trump realizes how stupid his idea was and now he’s trying to save face.

• Agree
Upvote 0