Dec 20, 2012
✟92,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But states would have to recognize them....and all related privileges and rights that go along with that.
False, many states will completely invalidate "all aspects" of same sex marriage in a reversal, no related privileges as you suggest, spousal medical insurance, taxes, etc

Example: The very conservative Oklahoma isn't going to recognize or pay for same sex partners in benefits etc

Businesses in Oklahoma aren't going to recognize same sex marriage or pay for partner benefits as in a normal marriage

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope. Same sex marriages are not, and have never been, pushed on anyone.
Tell that to the cake baker (Jack Phillips) in Colorado that was dragged into court over "same sex marriage issues" several times

Tell that to the business owner that opposes same sex marriage and putting a partner on business sponsored medical insurance as a spouse

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nah, I'm one of those people who likes freedom and liberty for everyone, not just a chosen few.
The freedom and liberty to recognize marriage is between a man/woman

The freedom and liberty to recognize homosexuality is a choice in abnormal deviant sexual sin, and has no protected status in society as many governments claim

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
False, many states will completely invalidate "all aspects" of same sex marriage in a reversal, no related privileges as you suggest, spousal medical insurance, taxes, etc

Example: The very conservative Oklahoma isn't going to recognize or pay for same sex partners in benefits etc

Businesses in Oklahoma aren't going to recognize same sex marriage or pay for partner benefits as in a normal marriage
Except for the federal law and the Constitution which will require them to.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except for the federal law and the Constitution which will require them to.
Just as this ruling in the OP that is comparative to same sex marriage, Justice Gorsuch gives a clear statement

A business owner can speak freely and openly against same sex marriage, and he can't be forced into actions (Providing Medical Insurance) for same sex spouses against his speech and belief, his denial of the insurance is an extension of his speech and belief in action

Just as the web designer denied to participate in same sex marriage service, same would apply for a business owner and same sex spousal insurance in denial

This "Broad" ruling clearly gives a position on the court, the liberal agenda is dead on all fronts, the treatment of the Colorado Cake Baker being taken to court like 3-4 times on the same subject by progressive homosexual liberals was the last straw for the Supreme Court IMHO, and this ruling put the icing on the cake bakers future

Quote Justice Gorsuch:

"the constitution protected an individual’s right to free speech “regardless of whether the government considers his speech sensible and well intentioned or deeply misguided”."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yep, it'll be instructive how popular conservative culture war issues actually are among the general US population.
Popularity isn't the issue.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,379.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The freedom and liberty to recognize homosexuality is a choice in abnormal deviant sexual sin, and has no protected status in society as many governments claim
T: Is that guy gay?
B: You mean my son?
T: Yeah. Is he abnormal?
B: I'm sorry?
T: You know. A deviant. Is he a deviant?

Ah, the sweet aroma of liberty...

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,379.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm a Christian and my holy Bible teaches homosexuality is sin...
It teaches you that many things are sinful. But you do seem to fix on the ones concerning sex.

But certain sexual acts between heterosexual couples are sinful. Why aren't you concerned about those. Why don't you want to check what sort of sex they have?* And if it's just about 'the act' then what if the gay couple are two elderly and celibate ladies?

* Spoiler alert: Because it's none of your business is why. Yet you want to make it your business if it's a gay couple.

PS: Don't waste your time pasting bible passages if they're for my benefit. I don't read them, so it doesn't waste mine.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
T: Is that guy gay?
B: You mean my son?
T: Yeah. Is he abnormal?
B: I'm sorry?
T: You know. A deviant. Is he a deviant?

Ah, the sweet aroma of liberty...
Some are Hoping for a new Dred Scott ruling it seems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The freedom and liberty to recognize marriage is between a man/woman

I do not think you want the government to be Christian and as not everyone is Christian you cannot expect them to feel the same way. Plus, not everyone sees BEING HOMOSEXUAL a choice, so not everyone would even agree with you on that point.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
When the Supreme Court rules it (same sex marriage) unconstitutional its (Gone) states and employers etc can remove it from their books

The only way it can be guaranteed is by a 2/3 vote in a constitutional amendment, it's that simple
but I cannot see the court doing that if anything they would turn it back to the states.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not think you want the government to be Christian and as not everyone is Christian you cannot expect them to feel the same way. Plus, not everyone sees BEING HOMOSEXUAL a choice, so not everyone would even agree with you on that point.
There you go, a prime example of freedom of speech, I disagree with your claims, and we have the right in America to express our opinions in disagreement

My Bible teaches homosexuality is sin and against nature, and you have the right to express you opinion in disagreement

Jesus Is The Lord

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but I cannot see the court doing that if anything they would turn it back to the states.
I agree it will be returned to the states, and it will pretty much follow the same road map as the recent reversal of Roe V. Wade

The majority of the States will or have added to their constitutions that marriage is between a male/female

This will allow the State and it's commerce to stop mandated privilege to partners in homosexual marriages (Medical Insurance) etc

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

This thread has run off the rails; and it is inviting SOP violations.

Please remember:

Homosexuality, Same-Sex Marriage, Bisexuality and Transgenderism/Transexualism: Discussion of these topics must comply with the sitewide rule barring the promotion of homosexuality, same-sex marriage, bisexuality, and transgenderism/transexualism. Discussion and debate should only be directed toward political, legal, historical and civil rights issues, and should not be directed toward the morality of homosexuality, same-sex marriage, bisexuality or transgenderism/transexualism

THIS THREAD WILL REMAIN PERMANENTLY CLOSED

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.