tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was suggesting that you might want to make another thread, unless this one does push a certain type of narrative that the other would not?
...shouldn't you be the one to start a thread to discuss something you want to discuss? :scratch:
tulc(thought that was the point of posting a thread) :sorry:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That doesn't fit the ideology. Only certain killings do.
Is there a problem with posting a thread about a subject someone wants to bring up? I thought that was what these discussion boards were set up for? :scratch:
tulc(wonders why bhsmte and Rion don't simply start threads about subjects that interest them?) :wave:

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Is there a problem with posting a thread about a subject someone wants to bring up? I thought that was what these discussion boards were set up for? :scratch:
tulc(wonders why bhsmte and Rion don't simply start threads about subjects that interest them?) :wave:

I didn't realize that we weren't allowed to post in here. Or are we only allowed to discuss how 'evil' cops are in here?

• Haha
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't realize that we weren't allowed to post in here. Or are we only allowed to discuss how 'evil' cops are in here?
Can you explain what this post:
Perhaps the amount of gang crime in your fine city would be more useful. Those definitely wouldn't be justified.
has to do with the OP? :scratch:
tulc(still isn't clear on why Rion doesn't just post a thread about what he'd like to discuss instead?)

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Can you explain what it is that there is to debate or discuss? Every month you post one of these threads, yet you apparently just want to post numbers and nothing else. If that is the case, why not just use a blog for it? I was asking why not discuss the gang violence in your city rather than posting mostly justified police shootings. That could at least prompt a discussion on solutions. What are we discussing here, which one would we rate the highest?

• Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you explain what it is that there is to debate or discuss?
I post these so people will have information. That's why it's in the "News and Current Events" fora. These are current events.

Every month you post one of these threads, yet you apparently just want to post numbers and nothing else.
I wasn't aware that was against the rules of CF? I thought we could post threads about current events?

If that is the case, why not just use a blog for it?
Because I want to post it here, not in a blog. Seems simple enough.

I was asking why not discuss the gang violence in your city rather than posting mostly justified police shootings. That could at least prompt a discussion on solutions.
And I was asking why you didn't post a thread about that if that's what you wanted to discuss, why post in a thread that's not about one subject asking why someone doesn't post about another subject?

What are we discussing here, which one would we rate the highest?
I thought we were posting statistics/news articles about how many people are killed by the US police in a year/month/day. Is there some reason you think I shouldn't be doing that?
tulc(is enjoying this cold wet spring day in Chicago!) :)

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I just fail to see how it works for debate and discussion. I would think that they fail to garner much of either would show this. You can post whatever you want, but I am also allowed to discuss it. Since there is nothing else to discuss, I am discussing the purpose of the thread with you.

• Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just fail to see how it works for debate and discussion. I would think that they fail to garner much of either would show this. You can post whatever you want, but I am also allowed to discuss it. Since there is nothing else to discuss, I am discussing the purpose of the thread with you.
The purpose of the thread is to post the number of people killed by the police in the US. That would be why the name of the thread would be:
US police have killed "X" number of people so far in "X"
I would have thought that was obvious. I'm really not sure why this is even a thing, if someone posted a thread: "gang violence in a city" would you go on that thread and ask why they don't discuss all the people the US police kill in a given month? :scratch:
tulc(or hint they may have a hidden motive behind their thread?)

• Winner
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Came close once.

Usually they are helpful and it's good to know that there is a force out there that we can summon in emergencies. However, the bad apples tend to give the profession a bad rep. But that applies to all other professions as well where we encounter idiots such as in dentistry. Now those can be extremely dangerous people legally armed with a drill. Throw in a pinch of sadistic tendency or racist bent into the personality mix and you have a nightmare scenario with a veritable monster in charge posing as your benefactor.

Upvote 0