• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

*~*~*~*...us Bipolar exsperts on managing skills...*~*~*~*

radiochic

May 10, 2006
✟15,161.00
Faith
Seeker
It's nice to know that there are people out there who suffer from this like I do. It's hard for me to talk about but I came across this site through the Ottawa Citizen, and the posts you guys have written, in a way, ease the pain. It gives me hope that I will get better, hopefully sooner than later.

Something I try when I'm really angry is riding my exercise bike. I'm lucky enough to have one passed down to me from my grandmother, and sometimes it works. Other things I do when I'm angry or upset is go on my computer and look for reasons why, or just watch The Simpsons (on DVD) and laugh.

Reactions: goldenviolet
Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
radiochic said:
It's nice to know that there are people out there who suffer from this like I do. It's hard for me to talk about but I came across this site through the Ottawa Citizen, and the posts you guys have written, in a way, ease the pain. It gives me hope that I will get better, hopefully sooner than later.

Something I try when I'm really angry is riding my exercise bike. I'm lucky enough to have one passed down to me from my grandmother, and sometimes it works. Other things I do when I'm angry or upset is go on my computer and look for reasons why, or just watch The Simpsons (on DVD) and laugh.
glad :hug: you found us! :clap:
i'm going to try the bike thing. i have a very dusty one in the garage. lol. i can picture me turning up the juke-box and doing that. great idea! thankx. :)

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,960.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
My experience in depression::)

1. enough dose of Prozac and correct medicines.
2. spiritual support. Like reading Bible, listening to preaching and taking part in a meeting of Church, coming here etc.
3. Messianic Faith would help me.
4. social support , like taking a walk with somebody.
5. sports. Like Ping-Pong or billiards
6. caring about others, like visiting an Elder’s Family
7. study or work for something, like cooking or shopping
8. When I am too upset to study or work I can watch TV and listen to music at least
9. before it gets worse ask for help.
10. good relationship with my parents and praying for my intending bride.

Happy Mother's Day all Mothers!:clap:

jbddtcc-460.jpg

Upvote 0

spdnet75

Veteran
Apr 21, 2006
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
✟18,492.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've noticed that whether I'm riding one of those amazing high's or suffering that crippling low, my mind is always in high gear.
For me, taking the time to step back and take a deep breath, helps me to work with the world and the people around me.
It is also less painful. :)

Upvote 0
G

GodsNikki

I am just coming to the sad ...scared...conclusion that I am struggling with being bipolor. I am 32 years old..I had a very very abusive childhood ..I am married with 3 children..And I am at the very edge of my life and I am about to lose my husband ...I came across some info on christians with this sickness..and I fit alot of the things talked about ...and I am so scared..I don't want this to be true..I don't want to have this all my life..I don't want to have to take drugs to deal ...I don't want my kids to have to take care of me or alter there lives so they can deal with mommies sickness..I want to be whole...and free...Is meds the only way..Can I over come this with Jesus...He died for my sin and infirmites..Where do I start..as far as help..from a doctor...What do I say....Thanks..Nikki....

Upvote 0

walshclan

Do your best then sleep in peace. God is awake.
Jul 29, 2006
Ontario
✟15,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
GodsNikki said:
I am just coming to the sad ...scared...conclusion that I am struggling with being bipolor. I am 32 years old..I had a very very abusive childhood ..I am married with 3 children..And I am at the very edge of my life and I am about to lose my husband ...I came across some info on christians with this sickness..and I fit alot of the things talked about ...and I am so scared..I don't want this to be true..I don't want to have this all my life..I don't want to have to take drugs to deal ...I don't want my kids to have to take care of me or alter there lives so they can deal with mommies sickness..I want to be whole...and free...Is meds the only way..Can I over come this with Jesus...He died for my sin and infirmites..Where do I start..as far as help..from a doctor...What do I say....Thanks..Nikki....
Nikki:

Sometimes Jesus heals through medication. He uses Drs and Nurses to minister to the sick and provide them with reasonable lives. I'm not saying he won't provide a complete healing for you. But until he does get some meds, okay?

In my life Jesus has provided a partial healing. I was on the same drugs I am on now but I was sleeping 14 hours a day. No life for a mom with 2 kids. I was prayed on and now I sleep a reasonable amount most days. When I am depressed I sleep a bit more but I am not depressed most the time. PTL.

Connie

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2006
✟15,135.00
Faith
Christian
Shalia said:
Am I the only one that *can't* do prayer or read the Bible when manic?

I tend to religious delusions, and if you feed me religious anything, be it the Bible or a Joyce Meyer book, it'll usually make me delusional...

For me...

No noise. Or bright lights. Or strong smells. Or sensory input of any kind, really. Senses are bad. <Maybe it's cause senses can deceive me? I dunno.>
Coloring
Dance Dance Revolution - on hypomanic days when I can handle it
Getting online
Bubble bath with good book
Swinging
comfort food (although I'm likely to only eat part of it)
ebay (that's SO dangerous)
Force myself to stay in my bed a minimum of 5 hours whether I want to or not
Keep a mood chart

I don't tend towards the depressed. I get manic as all get out, crash to a horrid mixed state from hell, and oscillate back and forth from there until restabilized. So mine are based more on mania control for me. :dunno:
i TOTALLY relate to you!!!!!!!!!!!
I have all the delusional Bible thoughts stuff...
I just had a weekend as a maid of honor and have been pulled and stretched beyond what I can handle..
Having really paranoid thoughts lately...
No insurance, job, but do have family.

Baths are awesome!
see my recent "frustrated" post..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rushingwind62

Debi1967 is the love of my life!!!!
Sep 24, 2005
Green Valley, IL.
✟10,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find I just have to force myself to get up and do things. Usually when I am keeping myself busy I don't get as depressed as much because I don't think about,I just think about the job at hand. And to calm myself down I listen to music, meditation cd's, and take a lot of deep breaths. I find trying to think logically helps with the racing thoughts and I go around uttering the serenity a lot....lol....God Bless ALL....Rush

Upvote 0

AngelRider

Feb 16, 2006
✟359.00
Faith
Messianic
I like that idea GV and I am trying more and more to not have anger towards trivial matters because honestly life is very trivial im comparison with loving others and following God's laws.. There is such a freedom in knowing if you follow the holy bible and pray to our Lord daily you have a chance a full chance to survive this world and maybe just maybe a chance to witness and bring others to Jesus:)

Upvote 0

lemonflavor

Feb 21, 2006
✟16,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I made up a list for my psychiatrist if they should ask so thought I would post it:

-Eat well and regularly
-Go to bed same time every night, try to get up same time in morning
-Always take medication
-Time to relax every day
-Read books about spiritual and mental health issues
-Controlling thoughts, work on replacing untruths with the truth etc.
-Read/research
-Pray and meditate on Bible verses
-Journal and keep med and mood diary
-Communicate with my wife
-See a close friend once a week
-Exercise what little I can 4x a week

Still getting worse though. :(

Reactions: Alive again
Upvote 0

willmrcd1

Aug 17, 2006
Brooklyn
Visit site
✟7,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Things that help me get through each day:

I pray with my husband in the morning. I have him cover me up in prayer (clarity of mind).
My medications must take them each day until the Lord heals me completely.
I love to write, journal, send greeting cards by snail mail and internet.
I love working on my webpages.
I love spending my time with my husband and son, however, I love to be alone.
Yes, I have friends, but I don't want to see them all the time.
I hate talking on the phone. I don't know why?
I love music. All kinds of worship music.
I love to laugh. Yes even when its not appropriate. You see went too long crying and in a depressive state that I don't want to shed another tear. amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hyperken

Oct 11, 2006
✟15,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What my Doctor adviced me is :-
1. Dont argue with anyone.
2. Talk softly and dont rush.
3. Take medicine on time and dont skip.
4. Have enough sleep everyday.
5. Dont be alone.
6. Tell your parents when something is not right with you.
7. Be honest to your doctor when he ask about the effect.
8. Think before you act.
9. Exercise frequently.

Upvote 0