• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

*~*~*~*...us Bipolar exsperts on managing skills...*~*~*~*

Jan 31, 2009
West Plains Missouri
✟8,320.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
S Gunter - Meds make me worse too. My Dr doesn't believe that they make me worse (because they are supposed to make me better - I guess) So, currently with out meds. Am living on prayer - and that's a great place to be.
Meds. seem to make me worse most of the time also. Living on prayer also, though they push the meds on me.:prayer:

Upvote 0

WWJD552

May 27, 2012
Jamestown PA
✟7,685.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Suffering with bi polar for many years, lately I found myself irritated with my best friend Joel. I know there are some major changes that need to take place in our friendship and life as well.

I have tried the following so far to curb my bi polar:

Riding my four wheeler
listening to country music
walking
visiting an elderly lady and her son
going out for dinner alone

These work to an extent and I do find myself with a lot of idle time on my hands. My best friend Joel is actually new order amish and we at times find it hard to spend time together with his busy schedule .
What changes should I make in that area ? What other things can I do to curb my bi polar ?

Upvote 0

Comic Carol

Aug 21, 2012
Home
✟7,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am so glad I found this thread.

I am bi-polar and Stress is my enemy. Right now I am totally stressed out about things that are going on in my life.
What helps me? I go to a support group at my local hospital. It helps and most of the people are Christians. Listening to christian music videos, reading my bible. taking my meds.

But this past weekend I couldn't get myself together. I just found out that another friend of mine is dying. It seems to be the year where death is the theme. Its driving me into a deep depression.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mauraftwi

Jul 24, 2017
Canada
✟15,703.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:D this thread is for us that are bipolar.

a place for you to tell us what works in your life to help encourage your moods, behaviors, off days.:hug:
icon12.gif
........................................................................................

me :blush: (i know i'm a handful)

*bible and prayer alone... vrs... with a person.
*not aggrivate by noises and busy activity right around me... vs getting out.
*doing some activity that is calming and distracting.
*hug... vs space.
*talking about it... vs being available in the room with me.
:blush: i'll fix this post... :sorry: where'd everybody go? :help:
*going to doctor... vs dealling alone or with family.
*loud music... vs soft music (i can only listen to worship)..
This thread is about God and not related to mental illness. But I appreciate if someone talks about God and it gives hope.

Upvote 0

tobelieveinHim

Sep 13, 2022
Glendale
✟26,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not quite sure what you are asking for in this thread, but I'll offer my comments. If this isn't what you intended for this thread, I'll edit my post, with no hard feelings.

What works for me:
  • Prayer, not with another person, just me and God
  • Quiet, no noise.
  • Alone time. If I'm alone, who can I hurt, other than myself? (Now, when it comes to this, I do make sure I am with people, especially my sometimes overprotective husband. Most of the time, he's right on the money...)
  • Wanna make my mood swings worse? Give me meds and see what happens... :D (I laugh, but I know it's no joke.)
  • Hurling a pillow across a room instead of throwing breakable objects and breaking plates. (Many a feather has flown in my bedroom!)
  • Laughing instead of crying, even though it may not be appropriate.
  • Repeating my new found favorite phrase: "God help me please!"
I'm a mess, I know. But sometimes, it's fun! :D
I have thrown water bottles, and a couple of paper towel rolls, so I get it. I have never broken a plate, but I have broken a disposable camera once. The water bottles wouldn't be so bad, but they are heavy and have broken open before.

When my one nurse practitioner misunderstood me and my situation, I threw my meds on the floor and said I wouldn't take 'em. I have been med non compliant before.
I was diagnosed with anosognosia, and will need medication for life.

A pillow does have it's anxiety reducers, I will say that. I don't sleep for weeks, and get psychosis if I stop taking my meds.

I wish they would have tried me on more traditional, older medications first, instead of last. The first medication they tried me on has a 50~50 chance of working for people.

It only works for 50% of people who try it. I was the other 50% it didn't work for.

The final, and last, medication that did anything beneficial,

Is a very inexpensive, older medication. They tried that one last!

• Prayers
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0