✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ANY hope for the arcade???? ^_^

They would probably have to upgrade the main forum engine first, but with the mods in place and how out of date this software is, that might be an issue. So I guess it would depend on the tech support our new owner has access to.

Remember the reason we got rid of the arcade was due to all the security issues that the software was having.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
They would probably have to upgrade the main forum engine first, but with the mods in place and how out of date this software is, that might be an issue. So I guess it would depend on the tech support our new owner has access to.

Remember the reason we got rid of the arcade was due to all the security issues that the software was having.

Yes, either the forum software would need to be upgraded or new arcade software written (EXPENSIVE!).

Most newer forums don't even have that type of software though because they just aren't really popular on forums. They really don't add anything for even a notable minority; There's plenty of free game sites out there and most people use them.

Reactions: LilLamb219
Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would like to see the site finally on a newer software like Xenforo, its so dated right now its hard to believe:p

My own sites left this version of the software back in 2009

George95 introduced me to Xenforo sites. As good as they are for some things, we would lose a LOT of what we are used to on this board. It's a give and take situation.

Upvote 0

George95

CF Tech Master
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
✟1,397,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
George95 introduced me to Xenforo sites. As good as they are for some things, we would lose a LOT of what we are used to on this board. It's a give and take situation.
Oh hai. :D

I've always been a vBulletin fan, even though the lovely fail that is known as vBulletin 5(Thanks Jelsoft by the way for that). But I just picked up a XenForo license so slowly working on that as well. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victory of the Cross

Jesus is the Word of God
Mar 3, 2005
✟41,510.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
oh what things? only one i can think of that doesnt exist atm on xenforo is a pet system.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, my name is Rex and I would like to announce that I am the proud new owner of Christian Forums!

Wow, another one! Welcome! :wave:

It's a sad fact that CF has shrunk to a tiny shadow of its former self. I think there are both social and technical reasons for that.

For one thing, there are so many subforums that potential new members get scared off. For another, I'd like to see a tickbox at registration where new Trinitarian-icon members actually tick that they accept the CF statement of faith. For a third, I'd like to see the inter-denominational wars stop, and I'd like to see fewer anti-Christian trolls.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Wow, another one! Welcome! :wave:

It's a sad fact that CF has shrunk to a tiny shadow of its former self. I think there are both social and technical reasons for that.

For one thing, there are so many subforums that potential new members get scared off. For another, I'd like to see a tickbox at registration where new Trinitarian-icon members actually tick that they accept the CF statement of faith. For a third, I'd like to see the inter-denominational wars stop, and I'd like to see fewer anti-Christian trolls.

I second this.

Upvote 0