Private
✟69,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The worry is that people who refuse the vaccine will become the breeding ground for vaccine-resistant strains.
? If a vaccine-resistant mutation emerges then the vaccinated, just as the non-vaccinated, become the "breeding ground" for the mutant virus.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If I choose to respond without fear, that should not be held against me.
Again, we see the effects of propaganda targeting people who are terrified of strangers viewing them as being afraid of something. I'm glad I'm not nearly so insecure that I'd avoid taking basic safety precautions out of an irrational fear that someone might imagine that means I'm afraid.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sounds to me as if you're trusting in science, my friend.

As a Christian, that seems very strange to me.
Says the post trusting that the science behind a world-wide collection of networked computers will work to get their message across.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's a no win situation that we are in.

If you don't get the vaccine, then catch the virus and pass it on, then you have disregarded the welfare of your own countrymen.

If you get the vaccine and it kills you, then you made a mistake in taking the vaccine.
To be fair, the overwhelmingly most likely outcome - you get the vaccine, are protected from covid, and don't end up infecting a bunch of other people - is pretty big win.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If your vaccination WORKS, you should be SAFE from those of us who refuse to get it. Why are you so worried? It appears you don't really trust your vaccine?
No! Why do we need to keep explaining this?!

First, the vaccine is not 100% effective.

Second, the more reckless and irresponsible people refuse the vaccine, the more likelihood that vaccine-evading variants will emerge that will threaten all of us.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
? If a vaccine-resistant mutation emerges then the vaccinated, just as the non-vaccinated, become the "breeding ground" for the mutant virus.
Do I need to explain the concept of linear time to you?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Sounds to me as if you're trusting in science, my friend.

As a Christian, that seems very strange to me.
Why is it that your trust is in man and not the Lord?
This is the kind of logic that flies planes into buildings.

Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟160,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If your vaccination WORKS, you should be SAFE from those of us who refuse to get it. Why are you so worried? It appears you don't really trust your vaccine?
And here we have yet another poster who doesn't understand the concept of "95% efficacy"

Hopefully our teachers will be using vaccine efficacy problems in their math classes so we don't have another generation this ignorant. Sadly, our teachers aren't 100% efficient either.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

CatsRule2020

Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2020
Denver
✟68,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The reason that those left who refuse to be vaccinated is because 'the 'left' wants me to' belief.
We are seeing this display in real life. The propaganda from overseas, then ran through Fox News, is so strong that it has convinced this receptive audience that if they die, then they will just take the 'left' with them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then I'm happy to inform you that those don't exist.
And I am happy to inform you that you are wrong. Have you ever heard of mRNA vaccines? Do you have any idea what you put in your body?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you get COVID-19, your chances of being hospitalized for a very long time or dying are significant.

I have been vaccinated against: measles, mumps, rubella, polio, shingles, the many varieties of the flu, and probably others I can't remember. Do you know why? Because I love being alive and well and I'm not stupid!
Yet there is only one vaccine you listed that is not FDA approved. Can you guess which one?

Upvote 0

Crwth

He must increase but I must decrease
Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I take mercury, eye of newt and the ocassional handful of gravel. It obviously works because I haven't got it either.
Well there are always side effects to worry about too, e.g. posts like this.

Still, there's a degree of wisdom here - my grandmother was fond of joking that kids should eat a spoonful of dirt at least once a week, to help build up their immune systems. Of course, she never did that, but she also made her point.

And it's a point worth mentioning because good bacteria is a good thing and we're finding that the more and more we strive to keep ALL germs and bacteria at bay, via over-sanitizing ourselves, we can actually promote the rise of drug-resistant organisms and weaken the truly beneficial ones.

Personally, I wouldn't necessarily recommend taking Mercury and might even advise reading up on it in some of the more popular medical journals, but if you're taking gravel, you might consider grinding it up first - lest you throw your dentist into a tizzy; because just because you haven't gotten a cavity doesn't mean you might not break a tooth.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well there are always side effects to worry about too, e.g. posts like this.

I hope that you're referring to the post that recommended zinc, NAC and Elderberry as a covid preventative.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Crwth

He must increase but I must decrease
Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope that you're referring to the post that recommended zinc, NAC and Elderberry as a covid preventative.
Honestly, I've no idea how such a simple reference could generate that much confusion. :scratch:

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
And I am happy to inform you that you are wrong. Have you ever heard of mRNA vaccines? Do you have any idea what you put in your body?
More than you, obviously. mRNA doesn't change DNA.

Upvote 0

Navair2

May the Lord Jesus Christ be magnified above all
Nov 18, 2020
Somewhere west of Chicago.
✟36,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How did you find out where you're going? I'd be keen to find out about myself.
" Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." ( Hebrews 11:1 ).

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I've no idea how such a simple reference could generate that much confusion. :scratch:

The eye of newt etc was in jest. The zinc wasn't. Only one of those posts was dangerous.

Upvote 0

Navair2

May the Lord Jesus Christ be magnified above all
Nov 18, 2020
Somewhere west of Chicago.
✟36,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Says the post trusting that the science behind a world-wide collection of networked computers will work to get their message across.
I'm not.
I'm posting on a website for Christians that, for reasons known only to the site owners, allows atheists and people from other religions to pose questions and comments to them for what they believe and why.

Even so, I wish you well and may God bless you with His goodness, sir.

Last edited:
Upvote 0