klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And yet many have died from taking it that would not have if they hadn't. That's some side effect, don't you think? What a disgusting gamble to place in front of someone. Scare them to death to take an experimental vaccine that may or may not kill them? Up to the individual, everyone is free to make the choice, but it's not a free choice when you are threatened with your career over it, or restricted access to normal every day activities or establishments. Not something to get a rise out of anyone. I had to take a second look at that line.
It's a no win situation that we are in.

If you don't get the vaccine, then catch the virus and pass it on, then you have disregarded the welfare of your own countrymen.

If you get the vaccine and it kills you, then you made a mistake in taking the vaccine.

I have seen infected people suffering from covid and I do not want to go through that experience. Nor do I want to be someone, who does not get vaccinated, that could pass it on and kill someone else.

Get vaccinated for the welfare of others and not for yourself.

Upvote 0

Crwth

He must increase but I must decrease
Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you get COVID-19, your chances of being hospitalized for a very long time or dying are significant.
Hmm... the stats don't support that statement one iota.

I have been vaccinated against: measles, mumps, rubella, polio, shingles, the many varieties of the flu, and probably others I can't remember. Do you know why? Because I love being alive and well and I'm not stupid!
Out of curiousity, how many of those vaccines were introduced under the EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) and did not complete all the clinical trials required by the FDA before being used on humans?

Do you think me stupid for being concerned this vaccine needed an EUA to be introduced and has yet to pass all the normal clinical trials required by the FDA?

P.S. I've also been vaccinated against all those diseases. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Crwth

Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a no win situation that we are in.

Get vaccinated for the welfare of others and not for yourself.
...or, wear a mask and continue to socially distance until such a time as the FDA has approved the vaccines (apart from the EUA) - because THAT is a viable solution too (or so we were told).

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"It is heart-wrenching to see unvaccinated individuals come into the hospital with regret," said Dare, an infectious diseases physician [in Arkansas]. They are patients who, "if they could do it all over again, would have had the vaccine in a second."

Juarez said many of his hospitalized Covid-19 patients [in Missouri] are "shocked" that Covid-19 truly exists and that it can make people very sick and even kill them. "A comment they make all the time is that they wish that they knew they were going to end up in the hospital this sick and they would have made a different choice and got the vaccine," he said.

Eric Frederick, chief administrative officer for Mercy Hospital Springfield, has also encountered patients who are extremely dismissive of or who flat-out deny the existence of Covid-19.

"This isn't the boogeyman. This isn't something we made up to get a rise out of people," he said. "There are 120 real human beings in the hospital right now struggling with this illness. ... And every one will tell you — this isn't fake."
There are people with mental afflictions that could never get the vaccine. The vaccine terrifies them. Those are some of the unfortunate people out there in society.

My brother is one of those people. As soon as Covid surfaced he was into the Covid conspiracies. He cannot control that kind of response, unfortunately. There will always be a resistance movement to vaccination and that could be up to thirty percent of the population.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
...or, wear a mask and continue to socially distance until such a time as the FDA has approved the vaccines (apart from the EUA) - because THAT is a viable solution too (or so we were told).
Even with a mask and social distancing there will be a reduced risk of transmission. Yet there is always the chance that you may transmit anyway. Especially if you travel on public transport, etc.

Upvote 0

Crwth

Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even with a mask and social distancing there will be a reduced risk of transmission. Yet there is always the chance that you may transmit anyway. Especially if you travel on public transport, etc.
Well, there's a chance you'll transmit the virus if you've been vaccinated too. There is that to consider.

Upvote 0

Crwth

Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does it bother you at all that the vaccines haven't yet been put through the full cycle of FDA tests required before use in humans, that the FDA cannot say with their normal level of certainty that the vaccines are safe, that the reason they're available now is only because of an EUA (Emergency Use Authorization), an EUA that ignored a key criteria for an EUA, namely that other alternatives did not exist to mitigate the virus?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,543.00
Faith
Pentecostal
If you get COVID-19, your chances of being hospitalized for a very long time or dying are significant.

I have been vaccinated against: measles, mumps, rubella, polio, shingles, the many varieties of the flu, and probably others I can't remember. Do you know why? Because I love being alive and well and I'm not stupid!

And that's your choice. You don't get to make the choice for others in this situation. They took a risk and it landed them in the hospital. It's what people do every day.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Out of curiousity, how many of those vaccines were introduced under the EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) and did not complete all the clinical trials required by the FDA before being used on humans?

None.

All of the ones in the US had Phase I, II, and III clinical trials for safety and efficacy. Phase 1, 2, and 3 trials are all done in humans.

Pfizer Phase 3
Moderna Phase 3
JnJ Phase 3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Also, I hate this life as all believers do.
If I get Covid and die from it, then I have a better place to go to.

This is a bit of a tangent, but I can't let such a statement go unaddressed for those readers who may be led astray. Hating this life is not a requirement or litmus of being a believer. Christ came that we might have life abundantly here and now. Love, Joy, Peace, and so much more. That we have a better place to go is a bonus, not a consolation prize for a life of suffering and denial.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, there's a chance you'll transmit the virus if you've been vaccinated too. There is that to consider.
Of course your right. But being vaccinated reduces the risk of catching the virus. But more importantly, getting the vaccine greatly reduces the occurrence of severe symptoms. I am not a gambler in the area of health, so I got vaccinated.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does it bother you at all that the vaccines haven't yet been put through the full cycle of FDA tests required before use in humans, that the FDA cannot say with their normal level of certainty that the vaccines are safe, that the reason they're available now is only because of an EUA (Emergency Use Authorization), an EUA that ignored a key criteria for an EUA, namely that other alternatives did not exist to mitigate the virus?
It comes down to a level of certainty in the end.

What are the odds on each side of the equation.

If I catch covid at my age, I am at a much higher risk level than the average person. So the odds of the vaccine causing health problems for me, represents a much lower risk.

If your a senior citizen get the jab.

Upvote 0

Navair2

May the Lord Jesus Christ be magnified above all
Nov 18, 2020
Somewhere west of Chicago.
✟36,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a bit of a tangent, but I can't let such a statement go unaddressed for those readers who may be led astray. Hating this life is not a requirement or litmus of being a believer.
It is a definite litmus test, according to His words:
" He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal." ( John 12:25 ).

For the record,
I didn't used to hate this life when I was a younger believer, but I can tell you in all honesty that the older I get, the more I look for the next one with each passing day. :)
Christ came that we might have life abundantly here and now.
Here and now?
The believer's best life is the one to come, my friend, not this temporary and trouble-filled one that so many preachers and teachers out there claim is ( or should be ) the best.
Love, Joy, Peace, and so much more.
I agree...those are indeed fruits of the Spirit ( Galatians 5:22-23 ).
But they are not the only feelings that a believer will have, neither are they the only things that will characterize one of God's children.
That we have a better place to go is a bonus, not a consolation prize for a life of suffering and denial.
It's not a "bonus"...it's what we have to look forward to, and the entire purpose of God saving anyone;
Eternal life, which is to know God and His Son ( John 17:3 ).

It means that as bad as it gets here, we have hope in something ( and Someone ) much, much better.
We get to spend it with a Saviour who loved us, and gave Himself for us.:cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I thought there were four phases?

Phase IV is the postmarketing monitoring. After it's approved for sale, they keep an eye on things.

(or there is also preclinical testing, which is on animals.)

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Crwth

Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Crwth

Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course your right. But being vaccinated reduces the risk of catching the virus. But more importantly, getting the vaccine greatly reduces the occurrence of severe symptoms. I am not a gambler in the area of health, so I got vaccinated.
Well, given the fact that the vaccines haven't completed all the normal FDA trials to be considered safe for human use without the employ of an Emergency Use Authorization, some would - and I think quite reasonably so - consider getting the vaccine gambling with their health.

Upvote 0

Crwth

Feb 26, 2014
✟115,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It comes down to a level of certainty in the end.

What are the odds on each side of the equation.

If I catch covid at my age, I am at a much higher risk level than the average person. So the odds of the vaccine causing health problems for me, represents a much lower risk.

If your a senior citizen get the jab.
And that's precisely why people shouldn't be shaming others into getting the vaccine.

If you believe the vaccine is safe and effective - go for it. If you don't, or if you think there are other options (options ignored in the issuance of the EUA, by the by), then don't. But just because the latter disagrees with the former, doesn't make them somehow worthy of their shame and abuse.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Then why the EUA?

Paperwork. A formal submission for approval with documentation to the FDA is thousands, tens of thousands, of pages. And the FDA has to evaluate all of that stuff. In the case of this emergency, the results of the phase 3 trials show safety and efficacy to an extent that the FDA was satisfied. But FDA has not yet had time to kick the tires and examine all the evidence.

Upvote 0