Dec 10, 2004
British Columbia
Visit site
✟121.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
How many of you are actively using UNITED type youth worship? I've been hearing some great stuff but haven't had a chance to incorporate it. Especially nice, is the Delirious/United compilation album which I listen to frequently. The problem I'm having is that it takes some really talented guitar work to pull off some of those songs. I'd love to do them, but alas...not now. Have you been able to do some of these songs in your worship sets?

xtianaxel

Nov 21, 2004
San Diego, California
Visit site
✟15,187.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
well, we do some of united live/hillsong songs! especially when our keyboard player comes back home for vacation from Oral Roberts University. he likes hillsong a lot, so we basically do them. they're awesome, and the lyrics are just wonderful! it is targeted for today's youth, our generation. believe, their worship music rocks!

Upvote 0

Wally22

Oct 6, 2003
Visit site
✟15,600.00
Faith
Christian
eugenejvr said:
I think Hillsong is great, @ our church we use a lot of there songs for P&W in Youth meeting and in normal church meetings. It's a great resource. But a worship song from your own heart to the almighty and loving God is so much better (Personal Opinion).

Yeah hillsongs have some awesome worship songs..but i agree worship songs from the people in your church are best..they capture the heart of your people and where they are at..and where they want to be with God.....

Upvote 0

dancin' moosen

May 7, 2005
Vancouver
✟15,234.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've used quite a bit of their stuff. The thing I like is how easily you can tie them together. Like using certain chorus' as vamps on different songs and whatnot.

As for the difficulty with guitar players - what about having different instruments playing the licks - like in All About You, we've used a tenor sax, while the guitar just plays power chords. Other option would be to simplify them for your guitarist. Just pick out some important bits that add to it, and drop the rest.
D'M

Upvote 0

innocentman56

Dec 13, 2005
Heavener, OK
✟157.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I play the keyboard for my church and Hillsong is not known as much as it should be I think. I myself lilsten to them and I'm a HUGE fan of them myself in fact I like the song they have called "ONE WAY" because it is JESUS CHRIST that gets us to Heaven and no other name on Earth can man be saved except by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

uzchickenz

Dec 16, 2005
Brazil
✟7,754.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Wally22 said:
Yeah hillsongs have some awesome worship songs..but i agree worship songs from the people in your church are best..they capture the heart of your people and where they are at..and where they want to be with God.....

toootaly agree!
the other songs are good, are precious, but duuuuude...when you use songs written by yours to yours.....

Upvote 0
S

sgoolah

My youth group TOTALLY follows United's style. About 75 percent of all the stuff we use are United. If its not united, its Desperation Worship band, a little PlanetShakers a little delirious? and other big songs that are out inthe worship music industry.

I LOVE United's Stuff, and I really like Desperation's stuff too. It is GOOD worship, I'll give you that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

underthesouthercross

Apr 12, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟8,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yeh l play heaps of hillsong and united stuff have you guys tried Planetshakers.
l like to usually figure alot of the lead guitar riff by ears its fun and enjoyable. they are awesome musicians.
another thing the god he reigns dvd has some guitar lesson tips how to play a few songs like salviation is here etc.. go and get it mate
also l asked the hillsong people like marty and Joel if they can make a guitar tab book for all their new albums espically we stand rocks you guy should get it. it is fully awesome.
go Hillsong and go the Aussies

Upvote 0

Leesy

Jul 13, 2005
Adelaide Hills
Visit site
✟8,543.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yeah we use alot of there stuff and it has been going of in the youth services over the last few months but our youth band has a lot of tallented musicians that have been building up for a fair few years now infact i'm listening to one of there CDs now

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Drummerdave96

Jul 5, 2007
✟15,168.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Our Sunday morning band has actually started playing Hillsong lately.
We started out with the soft stuff like Mighty to Save, For who you are, From the inside out, etc. No we're getting into the bigger stuff (we're already getting complaints from "energetic worship" haters, but oh well.) The only part that doesn't sound right is our drummer. His style is very reserved and traditional. On a loud chorus or breakdown, he'll be playing closed hi-hat and rim clicks. Ruins the song. You can't water down an explosive, driving, powerful song and expect the same musical quality. Either way, Hillsong is incredible. They are truly innovative and revolutionary. If more praise bands sounded like them, maybe kids would come to church. Call me crazy, but it could just happen.

Upvote 0