Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yesterday i got mad at my grandfather i stormed out the door to take a ride. And 5 minutes up the road i go to look up after messing with something in the car and see a head on collision between two vehicles. From my point of view it was when i looked up i seen dust and smoke in the air so i pulled over behind the car to get ready to call 911 but realized that the people at house on the side of the road were already in the middle of calling, so then i see a couple people going up to the car to see what happened. So i put my hazards on and got out of my car and i walked over a few feet myself to see a guy laying across the center console of his car unconscious. So then a couple other guys that were there were looking for a hard object so they could break the window and get him out so i looked in my car, but i didnt have anything cause im using a rental car so i had like almost nothing in there. But thankfully they had a pair of loppers they used to bust the window. So then i moved my car alittle up the street in a close by parking lot to make room for when rescue arrives and i went back and waited until rescue arrived. And the guys pulled him out and layed him on the ground and did cpr on him but they couldn't get him to come back, then rescue arrived but they could not get him back to life. I told my grandmother what happened and she told me if he was laying across the car like that then something probably happened to him in the car to cause the accident like a seizure, heart attack, or stroke etc. So ive been upset about the situation. I was fine during the situation then when i drove off it was time for me to go to my local bible study so i went there but i was upset driving there. And then this morning going to work i was really upset and i signed into work and was debated on if i should just go home for the day cause i didnt feel like myself the first hour of work. But i went into the bathroom and prayed to God and he helped me to work and i worked perfectly fine like i do everyday but when i left work i was upset again.

Sometimes theres just not much you can do about certain things.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy on all those involved and affected!

I was fine during the situation then when i drove off it was time for me to go to my local bible study so i went there but i was upset driving there.

worked perfectly fine like i do everyday but when i left work i was upset again.

After many years of working in EMS and ERs, and sadly having seen many traumatic experiences, these are normal feelings and the waxing and waning of distress is normal. I am sorry that you had to witness this, and pray for your healing.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yesterday i got mad at my grandfather i stormed out the door to take a ride. And 5 minutes up the road i go to look up after messing with something in the car and see a head on collision between two vehicles. From my point of view it was when i looked up i seen dust and smoke in the air so i pulled over behind the car to get ready to call 911 but realized that the people at house on the side of the road were already in the middle of calling, so then i see a couple people going up to the car to see what happened. So i put my hazards on and got out of my car and i walked over a few feet myself to see a guy laying across the center console of his car unconscious. So then a couple other guys that were there were looking for a hard object so they could break the window and get him out so i looked in my car, but i didnt have anything cause im using a rental car so i had like almost nothing in there. But thankfully they had a pair of loppers they used to bust the window. So then i moved my car alittle up the street in a close by parking lot to make room for when rescue arrives and i went back and waited until rescue arrived. And the guys pulled him out and layed him on the ground and did cpr on him but they couldn't get him to come back, then rescue arrived but they could not get him back to life. I told my grandmother what happened and she told me if he was laying across the car like that then something probably happened to him in the car to cause the accident like a seizure, heart attack, or stroke etc. So ive been upset about the situation. I was fine during the situation then when i drove off it was time for me to go to my local bible study so i went there but i was upset driving there. And then this morning going to work i was really upset and i signed into work and was debated on if i should just go home for the day cause i didnt feel like myself the first hour of work. But i went into the bathroom and prayed to God and he helped me to work and i worked perfectly fine like i do everyday but when i left work i was upset again.

I am so sorry you witnessed all that. Before paramedics got there, did anyone lay hands on him and pray for him? Since that isn't something you see everyday, you were meant to see that to prepare you for something. I know it is hard, as this will consume you for a few. If you could go back and do it again would you do anything different? Make note of those things in case you see this again in the future. You just need some time. It is very traumatic to see someone die. You were present when he left his body. We are spiritual beings, and feeling the transition, being in that presence is very ominous and so tragic to our own souls whether we knew them or not. That is why it feels awkward is because you didn't know him but be nice to yourself because what does that say about you to have such overwhelming compassion for a total stranger. It is people like you who put faith back into humanity. If we don't care about each other, we are doomed.

Reactions: valerina
Upvote 0

Annel Bench

Oct 15, 2022
Duchesne
✟15,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this happened quite some time ago, but I will reply. I have seen death many times, as a nurse. There's always been something spiritual about death for me. It's something we don't like to think about much because of the fear of the unknown. Even believing in God and heaven doesn't give us a perfect knowledge of what it will be like. When I have went through something difficult in my life, something that emotionally drains my energy, I have had to learn to truly put that pain and fear in God's hands. It's not something that happens by making this decision once, it's a continuous process of praying and mentally choosing to put these heavy feelings in the Lord's hands. It takes trust in knowing He is in control of everything, He loves us, and He wants the very best for us! Make the choice to constantly have faith that everything will be fine, even those things that seem impossible to heal from.

Upvote 0