• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why?

You use nothing but your opinion and think that holds any weight in proving me wrong?

How many years have you studied the Bible? Do you even study the Bible?

Of course you have no idea what it says and now are using your opinion to prove me wrong? You need better ammunition. Get into God's Word and prove me wrong .... I'll wait...... :swoon:

Hmmm copy and paste from got questions.
Again why not try to walk in the Spirit and leave the fleshly attitude out of here.

Upvote 0

Kywy

May 21, 2017
USA
✟22,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for all of the responses. I just feel like what i did is unexcusable ocd or not. I could get over a few intrusive thoughts or an accidnetal outburst. But i actually doubted the pharisees acussations against Jesus. I even has doubts like "what if jesus was..." What if the bible was written by..." Then i would doubt it and search for hours for answers to prove thay my doubts are wrong. (I purposely put "..." Because writing the actual thing causes anxiety.

Upvote 0

Dave M18

Jun 28, 2017
southeast
✟16,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are not alone in this, me being in highschool now since I was 8 years old I used to have blasphemous thoughts that were uncontrollable in my mind, yesterday I felt immense guilt over the sin I thought it was over for me. I will pray for you dear friend. God bless you

those are put into your mind by the evil one, they are not your thoughts. The bible says nothing that I am aware of about blasphemous thoughts, the bible says when you speak balasphemous I think this is a big difference a lot of people over look speaking . IMO

Upvote 0

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for all of the responses. I just feel like what i did is unexcusable ocd or not. I could get over a few intrusive thoughts or an accidnetal outburst. But i actually doubted the pharisees acussations against Jesus. I even has doubts like "what if jesus was..." What if the bible was written by..." Then i would doubt it and search for hours for answers to prove thay my doubts are wrong. (I purposely put "..." Because writing the actual thing causes anxiety.
Romans 5:20b But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound

Upvote 0

Kywy

May 21, 2017
USA
✟22,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much for posting that verse. Ive read that one before, it really helpful.

Also, beside my other worry, i also just cant seem to be close go God. I dont know if ive ever felt close to God. I have Ocd and 90% of my prayers are compulsions or repetitiive and meaningless. I just want a real relationship with God so much. I love God. I wish i knew what to do. I try reading the Bible but it becomes a worry when i reach verses. I try praying but its so hard to focus. I obsess about avoiding sin, i am in constant worry not truly being saved. I did have a period when i wasnt worrying much, but one event set my life into a downward spiral. Please someone help. I dont kmow what to do. Also if you have anytjing else to say about the unforgiveable sin also tell me. Thank you

Upvote 0

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Truth time radio on YouTube and also truthtimeradio.com helped me tremendously in rightly dividing (2 Timothy 2:15). When you study and learn how to rightly divide - knowing what part of the Bible is written directly to you and what part is for your learning then you won't be worried about your salvation.

Romans through Philemon is the part where you should be concentrating your study. We are currently in the dispensation of the grace of God (Ephesians 3:2).

Obsessing about avoiding sin will just make it worse. Instead meditate on the verses that prove that your salvation is a free gift and is not dependent on your performance at all Romans 4:5, Ephesians 2:8,9, Titus 3:5, Romans 3:22,23, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, 2 Corinthians 5:19, Acts 16:30,31. Look these up in a King James Bible and commit them to memory. Meditate on them.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. God is not charging anyone with sin today. He is dealing with us on the basis of faith...do we trust that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again.

Upvote 0

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Post 10 has your answer. That particular type of blasphemy can't be committed today.

As far as your past bringing you doubt as to wether you can be forgiven...look to Paul, he is your pattern. Before he was saved he was murdering Christians and he was forgiven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Evan Briggs

Jul 7, 2017
Mesa
✟10,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you need your own interpretation when scripture on that is very clear?

Well you got me there on my word usage. I try and not let my carnal mind to interpret scripture. So forgive me for the usage of those words.

I will say though to be honest, I believe that is the interpretation of blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Is to deny its power, speak against the Holy Spirit with out asking for forgiveness of it and repenting of it.

Because not believing in the Lord Jesus Christ before your death is punishable of hell fire for your sins. So I see it in the same context.

I would like to look deeper into this though.

Upvote 0

Evan Briggs

Jul 7, 2017
Mesa
✟10,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you need your own interpretation when scripture on that is very clear?

Well you got me there on my word usage. I try and not let my carnal mind to interpret scripture. So forgive me for the usage of those words.

I will say though to be honest, I believe that is the interpretation of blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Is to deny its power, speak against the Holy Spirit with out asking for forgiveness of it and repenting of it.

Because not believing in the Lord Jesus Christ before your death is punishable of hell fire for your sins. So I see it in the same context.

I would like to look deeper into this though.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟141,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much for posting that verse. Ive read that one before, it really helpful.

Also, beside my other worry, i also just cant seem to be close go God. I dont know if ive ever felt close to God. I have Ocd and 90% of my prayers are compulsions or repetitiive and meaningless. I just want a real relationship with God so much. I love God. I wish i knew what to do. I try reading the Bible but it becomes a worry when i reach verses. I try praying but its so hard to focus. I obsess about avoiding sin, i am in constant worry not truly being saved. I did have a period when i wasnt worrying much, but one event set my life into a downward spiral. Please someone help. I dont kmow what to do. Also if you have anytjing else to say about the unforgiveable sin also tell me. Thank you

Kywy, this is a common common common obsession among people with OCD. Of course our minds make us think that we have a new "spin" on an obsessional theme, but it all comes down to this: We have a glitch in our brains. It wants us to doubt. It will do everything it can to keep us in doubt. It is tricky enough to outsmart us, every single time. Every new theme we say, "Well, I can see that the past theme was an obsession, but THIS is real." No, no, no! Listen to that small still voice deep inside, the one buried beneath the maze of doubts, the one that is not speaking from fear and anxiety. That is the truth. Trust me, I know more than anyone that it is so hard to see past the maze of doubts...because you don't FEEL the truth. You probably won't feel it, for a while. For now you have to take it by faith, that your fearful and anxious thoughts are wrong. Do you use ERP on these obsessions? Use it. Don't wait. I can't take away your fears - no one on here can. Even if you do "solve" this question, another one will come up. Then another, and another. It's OCD's MO. Stop trying to solve it. Refuse to "feed the fire" by continuing to ask questions. That's a very common compulsion, called reassurance seeking. It will not help, and will actually probably make your OCD worse. Let yourself live with the anxiety. It will hurt excruciatingly at first. It will take a lot of faith and courage. But if you stick it out, your brain will slowly start recognizing the truth on its own. It will slowly recalibrate. I'm just coming out of an obsessional theme myself, so I know how painful it is. Don't give up. I promise there is freedom and hope. It seems so far away, but it is just at your fingertips. All you have to do is make the choice to fight!!
Oh, and please read these articles. And put them into practice. :)
Managing the Haunting Thoughts of Pure O – OCD
http://ocdandchristianity.com/?p=237
OCD

• Agree
Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟141,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also wanted to add, more in direct relation to the comment by you that I quoted, that your feelings of joy for your faith will return as your OCD fades. Don't expect too much out of yourself right now. Especially don't expect to have normal feelings about your faith. There's too much OCD in your brain right now. Your job right now is to fight your OCD. Do that, regardless of what feelings you have or don't have. Your joy and freedom will return as you overcome your OCD!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Evan Briggs

Jul 7, 2017
Mesa
✟10,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am with you on this "doubt" aspect of Christ.

I have to remember though, the miracles that the Lord has done for me. He is for me. He loves me!

My marriage was over, in shambles. It was just DONE! By my pride and selfish ways of adultery...

He restored my marriage praise the good Lord!!!

Through asking for forgiveness, and true repentance, and trusting in Jesus alone. He is faithful and just to forgive all sin.

Even after these miracles, the devil shoots firery darts at my mind to try and doubt my salvation just like you are going through. Take down those thoughts and firery darts by the name of Jesus Christ and see what the power of the name of Jesus can do!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟141,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a little disappointing to see this thread dissolve into unkind arguments, especially considering that the intent of the original poster was to receive help for mental anguish that's sinking him into a vortex of despair. "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge...but have not love, I am nothing." - 1 Cor. 13:2. I'd hate to imagine the impression that unbelievers get of Christians if they happen to read some of these posts. I know that there wasn't such a thing as the Internet in Jesus's day, but I'm guessing that "Love your enemies" still probably applies to people you disagree with on forums. :)

• Winner
Reactions: Evan Briggs
Upvote 0

Evan Briggs

Jul 7, 2017
Mesa
✟10,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a little disappointing to see this thread dissolve into unkind arguments, especially considering that the intent of the original poster was to receive help for mental anguish that's sinking him into a vortex of despair. "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge...but have not love, I am nothing." - 1 Cor. 13:2. I'd hate to imagine the impression that unbelievers get of Christians if they happen to read some of these posts. I know that there wasn't such a thing as the Internet in Jesus's day, but I'm guessing that "Love your enemies" still probably applies to people you disagree with on forums. :)

Totally agree!! Thank you!

Upvote 0