Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
This is probably what I would consider to be one of the more simpler things in Scripture to understand, but it did take quite a bit of memorizing and joggling around in the brain to recognize. I had posted it on a website years ago, but I do not believe it is up anymore. Anyway, I frown upon all of the fancy calculations that try to literally name the antichrist. The fact that probably hundreds of thousands of people's names can be connected to this number using those numbering systems should testify to its absurdity. Sorry folks, God has drawn a line in II Thessalonians 2 and no amount of these fancy numbering systems is going to reveal the antichrist beforehand. If anything, I highly doubt his individual name is going to add up to "666" when he is revealed. In the Koine Greek, it is written using the characters Chi Xi Stigma denoting 600, 60, and 6, respectively, with the final letter being an obsolete character which can also have the meaning "to puncture, pierce, tattoo as in the manner to signify ownership".

Revelation 13:18
"Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666."

This verse gives the command to let him who has understanding psephisato/count, to reckon as with pebbles, the number of the beast. *Note: "to reckon as with pebbles" I recall reading in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and may have been from the prim. root. I'll have to double check later since its not a book I carry around with me all the time due to its size.

Revelation 17:9-12
"Here is the mind which has wisdom(some versions read 'understanding'): The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition.
The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast."

In these verses, we have the mind which has wisdom, understanding, etc. So I applied here the command to count: The 7 heads are(=) 7 mountains on which the womand sits. There are also(+) 7 kings.
7 + 7 = 14
5 are fallen(-5), 1 is(neither + or -), and the other 1 is not yet come(-1).
So 14 - 5 - 1 = 8
and the beast that was, and is not, is himself also the 8th and is of the 7(neither + or -)
So we still have 8.
And the 10 horns are(=) 10 kings.
8 + 10 = 18, which coincidentally would be equal to 6 + 6 + 6.

So what does this tell us? A visible mark on the right hand or forehead, and a numbering/naming system based on a 666 or 18 design. Now beyond this it can only be guess work, but I believe in our day we can at least make an educated guess and still be on the safe side, Scripturally speaking. Obviously if the mark involves buying and selling, we can eliminate the idea that every individual mark is going to be the exact same. Sure, the mark is going to both work and look the same way with the same format on everyone receiving it since this will be the one universal thing that identifies those people who associate with and belong to the beast's system. However, there must be a distinction between each mark for reasons that should be obvious. The one possible way to accomplish this is by assigning each mark its own unique 18-digit number(or three sets of 6-digit numbers). With each digit having the possible number of 0-9, that is 10 different combinations possible per digit and 10^18 or 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 possible combinations for the 18-digit number.

There are other speculations, questions, etc., but at this time I do not believe it would shed much light on the current subject: an equilateral triangle is 60 degrees at each angle. Man was created on the 6th day. For 6 days man shall labor and on the 7th day rest.

Hopefully this helps those who have been struggling with this!

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the issues I had with 666, was Perry Stone could pull it out of ancient texts, and basically, it may not be 666 but something that resembles it.

https://peterygwendyta.wordpress.com/2010/02/15/666-islam/

Just based on that, I would wonder if it were a 666 or the actual scribble of the mark, transcribed as 666. Hard to say, I guess.

I'm not too concerned with it, I'm pre-trib rapture. Christ delivered us from the curses, including all the curses of the 4 horsemen, and including the mark of the beast curse. Otherwise, the mark would be stronger than Christ's power. Rather, Christ's power is removed during that period, and the salvation given to men is a lesser salvation and so this mark has more power than the inferior salvation.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
Walid Shoebat the ex-Muslim terrorist, now a Christian prophecy teacher, has the answer .... you can find him on the Internet

The mark of the beast is the mark of Abaddon/Apollyon and also the number of the human little horn of Daniel's Visions [7:7-25; 8:9-25; 11:36-45;12:7]

This signature is already being displayed by Muslim terrorists [head and arm bands, and the black flag]

Six is the number of imperfection .... hence Satan's concoction [2 Thessalonians 2:3-12; Revelation 9:11; 11:7; 12:12; 13:1-4; 17:8-18]

6 - Abaddon/Apollyon - a fallen angel like Satan
6 - the false prophet - another fallen angel possessing two human clerics leading Abaddon's cult
6 - the human king of the northern Middle East [Micah 5:5-6]

Abaddon/Apollyon rules over 7 human Middle East kingdoms and related human king positions for Satan .... 5 are historical and 2 more are coming, one after the other, first smaller [6th], and then the 7th expanded/divided

The 5th fallen was the Seleucid north just before the first century [Daniel 11:3-35]

.... the 6th after a very long time will be ruled by the little horn .... at the time of the end, at the beginning of the coming tribulation period [Daniel 11:36-45: 12:7] and he will also rule over the 7th

The human little horn will hold the 6th and 7th king positions with the 10 other human kings of the 7th

Abaddon/Apollyon will then possess the human little horn and become the 8th king himself ruling over his final 7th kingdom

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
One of the issues I had with 666, was Perry Stone could pull it out of ancient texts, and basically, it may not be 666 but something that resembles it.

https://peterygwendyta.wordpress.com/2010/02/15/666-islam/

Just based on that, I would wonder if it were a 666 or the actual scribble of the mark, transcribed as 666. Hard to say, I guess.

I'm not too concerned with it, I'm pre-trib rapture. Christ delivered us from the curses, including all the curses of the 4 horsemen, and including the mark of the beast curse. Otherwise, the mark would be stronger than Christ's power. Rather, Christ's power is removed during that period, and the salvation given to men is a lesser salvation and so this mark has more power than the inferior salvation.

That I would consider to be just speculation and not something I would give much weight to, especially when it involves turning text/characters to a different orientation from what they were originally written. If you actually considered the Koine Greek characters used, they appear as:
Chi: appears as an "x". A coincidence is how we write Christmas as "X-mas".
Xi: this character closely resembles a serpent like that which is portrayed in a medical symbol coiled around a staff with wings.
Stigma(final): this character also seems to resemble a serpent.

Like I said, interesting, but not something I would build a theory around.

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
mark-of-the-beast2.jpg

Words like beheading , mark on right hand and forehead , is all I need to know where to look.
Whatever the name or number is , it will be seen there.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 13:18
"Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666."

Before you espoused on the number of the beast should you not identify the beast?

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"Before you espoused on the number of the beast should you not identify the beast?"

More important to know and understand who Saran's beast is and what his mission is than his number

His following will worship him because they will want to identify with him [Revelation 14:8-11]

These will be his cult religion of the adherents of Islam [Revelation 13]

This angelic king of the abyss will be released at the beginning of the coming tribulation period [Revelation 9:1; 9:11; 11:7; 13:1-4; 17:8-18]

And this beast and his 11 [the little horn of Daniel's visions plus 10] other cohorts of his Middle Eastern kingdom will attack and destroy the "great city" of MBG [the whole unbelieving world] in one day at the beginning of the tribulation

This devastating attack will throw the entire world into chaos .... blade runner societies across the cities of the nations .... and the beast will rage and will cause those who do not worship him to be killed .... billions

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Before you espoused on the number of the beast should you not identify the beast?"

More important to know and understand who Saran's beast is and what his mission is than his number

His following will worship him because they will want to identify with him [Revelation 14:8-11]

These will be his cult religion of the adherents of Islam [Revelation 13]

This angelic king of the abyss will be released at the beginning of the coming tribulation period [Revelation 9:1; 9:11; 11:7; 13:1-4; 17:8-18]

And this beast and his 11 [the little horn of Daniel's visions plus 10] other cohorts of his Middle Eastern kingdom will attack and destroy the "great city" of MBG [the whole unbelieving world] in one day at the beginning of the tribulation

This devastating attack will throw the entire world into chaos .... blade runner societies across the cities of the nations .... and the beast will rage and will cause those who do not worship him to be killed .... billions

"These will be his cult religion of the adherents of Islam [Revelation 13]

Please expound on this more is Islam the first beast or second beast of Revelation 13.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
Satan has two angelic principalities that will come to the earth with him during the tribulation period [Revelation 12:12], his beast and the false prophet

The beast will operate through [possess] the human little horn of Daniel's visions and his 10 other kings ..., the false prophet will operate through two human Muslim cleric leaders who will unite the current Muslim divides of the Sunni and Shiite, and these will lead the cult religion of the beast

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

You did not answer the question first or second beast. You threw in the false prophet.

Isaiah 28:10
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line uponline, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Please supply more Biblical references to support Islam.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"You did not answer the question first or second beast. You threw in the false prophet"

Briefly.....

The second beast is called the false prophet [Revelation 13:11; 19:20]

The evidence that Islam is the religion must be discovered by using Revelation 13:1-4 and the visions of the prophets that identify the populations of the Middle East that surround Israel including past kingdoms that have ruled the Middle East like the Assyrians, Babylonians, and Persians

The populations of these kingdoms are mixed and still in the Middle East today .... all surrounding Israel

The rooting and controversy of offset between Issac and Ishmael is at the enter of this drama which is still on going as we speak .... between Israel and the Muslims

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That I would consider to be just speculation and not something I would give much weight to, especially when it involves turning text/characters to a different orientation from what they were originally written. If you actually considered the Koine Greek characters used, they appear as:
Chi: appears as an "x". A coincidence is how we write Christmas as "X-mas".
Xi: this character closely resembles a serpent like that which is portrayed in a medical symbol coiled around a staff with wings.
Stigma(final): this character also seems to resemble a serpent.

Like I said, interesting, but not something I would build a theory around.
The Greek letter Chi or "Χ" has historically been a type of short hand for Christ by the church as Chi is the first letter of Christ in Greek (ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ). Xmas is not coincidental and the "X" was first use also as this representation for Christ. So contrary to popular belief Xmas does not take Christ out of Christmas.

The Greek letter Xi (Ksi) would be written as an upper case letter as there was no such thing as lower case letters in ancient Greek so it would appear like "Ξ" rather than the snake like character "ξ". There are variant forms of writing developed like uncial and minuscule as sort of an evolution slowly morphing into lower case and cursive styles but all developed past the NT time. So this idea of it looking like Arabic is complete nonsense not to mention Arabic wasn't even a language. What John would have wrote would look more like "ΧΞF" or "ΧΞΣ"

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
The Greek letter Chi or "Χ" has historically been a type of short hand for Christ by the church as Chi is the first letter of Christ in Greek (ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ). Xmas is not coincidental and the "X" was first use also as this representation for Christ. So contrary to popular belief Xmas does not take Christ out of Christmas.

The Greek letter Xi (Ksi) would be written as an upper case letter as there was no such thing as lower case letters in ancient Greek so it would appear like "Ξ" rather than the snake like character "ξ". There are variant forms of writing developed like uncial and minuscule as sort of an evolution slowly morphing into lower case and cursive styles but all developed past the NT time. So this idea of it looking like Arabic is complete nonsense not to mention Arabic wasn't even a language. What John would have wrote would look more like "ΧΞF" or "ΧΞΣ"

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Who said anything about taking Christ out of Christmas? The point I was making is how the X supplements in the place of "Christ" in the term "Christmas" and that it is an interesting coincidence that the number of the beast has a similar appearing character in the front, but that its not something I would build a theory around. It would not surprise me if its just another example of counterfeiting on the part of Satan during the end times as it is clearly evident throughout Scripture: the play on the name of Michael(who is like God?) where those who dwell on the earth exclaim, "who is like the beast?", just as one example.

I agree, this connecting it to Arabic is nonsense. Walid Shoebat has an axe to grind with Islam, and rightly so, but I think he's letting it influence his study of the Scriptures too much. I should point out that in John's time, the Greek dialect he would've been using(and did use) was Koine or "common" Greek(which did not use the all-caps writing style of earlier forms), which was derived from Ionic Greek if I recall correctly. The "all capital" style to which you're referring was typical of Linear A & B, and later Classical Greek, which from it came Doric, Aeolic, and Ionic Greek. This was one of the first topics covered in Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Before you espoused on the number of the beast should you not identify the beast?

Why would I need to identify the beast individually? You're asking for something that is not there. It's not intended to identify a particular individual, but rather a numbering system that the antichrist will try to impose on everyone. I thought I had been clear in that respect with the original post. It is a representation of Scripture interpreting Scripture.

Upvote 0