Visit site
✟887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Listen, listen to the calm quiet words that whisper to the heart from the Spirit.

Revelation 3: 14. And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

One Follower said to the other.
We all have lamps, the light of understanding. Don’t we?
Yes we do.
That’s the energy needed to fire up our lamps, is it not?
Yes it is.
The oil?
What about it?
Is my lamp full?
No, the oil,,, it’s gotten a bit low.
O no I will have to turn the lamp down or I will run out!
Well, if you do that nobody will see it and be left in the dark.
What will I do, Is the oil expensive?
You can’t buy the oil.
Well how can I see without the oil to keep the lamp bright?
You can ask for some.
He made the faith oil a gift to share.
The light, will it burn hot?
That all depends on the oil reserves, some burn very hot which draws others to it’s light source.
Yes but if I burn it I will run out of oil, I can’t keep asking for more can I?
Oh yes you can the oil is a gift.
Where do we get it?
Just ask and it will be given unto you.
Then you may burn hot with the light of understanding.

Revelation 3: 15. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Revelation 3: 16. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
We are human we strive to achieve financial security to put a roof over our families heads. Some manage to provide better than others.
But as you know the provision of faith, which is a gift has to be asked for and as parents we should try to provide a home with the security of truth through our faith by acting out accordingly, which is not easy. It is the best thing a parent can do for their children.
I was told by my son, and I will never forget his words for as long as I live, I treasure them.

He said, “dad the best thing that you gave me was Faith.”

Of course it is the Holy Spirit that imparts faith, through the word, all I did was point my dear son to the words in the Bible and said read what it says and if you are not sure ask and I will do my best to answer.
I have watched him grow in faith.
The greatest joy for any parent is to know that his children are going to be with Jesus, is it not?

Revelation 3: 17. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I get a little uneasy about this following verse it makes me look at myself.
Revelation 3: 18. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

I have seen men read the Bible, and I include myself in this, that have missed whole verses vital to the intent of the Book. I have sat with friends and as they read I have said read it again, they get annoyed with themselves until they see it!
The face change is dramatic from that of suffering in having to bother, to a surprise shock as the words jump out at them.

Jesus asks us to be keen in repenting, He asks this for our own good.

Revelation 3: 19.As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

To repent is not easy to start but when you build confidence that what you tell the Lord is between Him and you it is a real blessing.
How can I say this?
We as a human beings can confess things to Jesus that we would not mention to another soul, even our spouse.
Now we all know of these sins that we have and it is a good thing to be able to confess them.
It is so easy to forget oneself and react as humans do on the spur of the moment without thought and make the wrong decision, then having to reverse that choice after thinking about it.
Revelation 3: 20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jesus did not overcome sin!
He became our sin bearer, sin killed Him. That is why He did not overcome sin.
The Father had to raise Him from the second death.
Jesus did not sin but paid the price of sin and fell as a result of our sin.
He was a victim of sins of this world.
That is a lot of Sin.

He overcame Temptation!
Satan Tempted Jesus, Matthew 4:1. Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

There was temptation there, that we can’t imagine I can’t change rocks into bread even if I were starving but Jesus could and He could have pulled away from the pain inflicted upon the cross at any time!
He overcame temptation! So His victory becomes ours.

Revelation 12:11. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
It is a gift. The gift of overcoming which can not possibly be achieved by us, in our hopeless position.
Revelation 3: 21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 3: 22. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Mranatha.
Countdown.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.