Under the New Covenant, where is the Biblical text for Worshipping on a particular day (ie Sunday)

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An addition when? By John?

If so where did you get that detail that he was referencing something in Lev 23 instead of Is 58:13?
from every thing I have studied it was done by Paul in Ephesus when he left the Synagouge. He did it because of The Conflicts in Rome and the Conflicts in Alexenderia. It was done for 3 reasons.

1. to keep the peace. In keeping with the word of the Lord "you will be kicked out of the synagouge" because of teaching of Christ. In fact in Rome the Jews rioted over the teaching of Christ and burned down the jewish quarter. So the Romans kicked out all of the Jews. Prycilla & Aquilla were part of that., they met up with Paul and explained to him the situation. Later Apollos was expelled from Alexanderia.

2. a time to teach, since they were banned from preaching in the synagouge they needed a seperate time to preach Christ, that was the time they choose based on the events that Christ fulfilled according to the festivals.

3. They needed their own identity. With the riots in Rome and the expulsion that followed the Romans demanded a way to tell the difference between Jews and Christians. from and outsiders perspective they could not tell the difference, another proof they were still keeping the sabbath. When they choose a day they chose the day based on the festiviles that the Lord had fulfilled. all happened on the 1st day of the week. it was not a replacement for the sabbath, but an addition to, like prayer meeting. It became something else 300 years later. That is problamitic and a violation of scripture

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If we are under the new covenant
1. Love the lord thy God
2. Love thy neighbour as thyself

where is the command to worship our creator on a particular day?
Do we even need therefore to worship at all in church and celebrate creation and the creator?
What is the point of Sunday worship at all?
Did Jesus ask us to worship his resurrection anywhere in the Bible?

I put this question out there because a number of non trinitarians for example
- "show me a bible text that says "trinity"
- show me an text that commands "worship on sabbath" prior to exodus 20,
- show me a text that says the apostles and Gentiles were commanded to "keep the Seventh Day Sabbath"

So i turn that same literal reasoning back onto Sunday worshipers...Can you show me texts in the Bible where it specifically says "worship my resurrection on the first day of the week"?

Finally, if you use the argument "I worship God on every day", and you then go to Church services on Sunday because you were commanded somewhere in the covenant to do so (ie worship Jesus your messiah), then based on the model/standard God gave to Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden that they worship him in a special time on the Seventh day may i ask, are you breaking the law by working on all days you worship the creator? for the commandment says "on it thou shalt not do any work, neither yourself nor your servant...etc?
If Jesus said;
Jhn 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Jhn 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

That mean worshipping God is not restricted to a particular day. It's a place called "in the spirit.
Phl3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in
Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus said;
Jhn 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Jhn 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

That mean worshipping God is not restricted to a particular day. It's a place called "in the spirit.
Phl3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in
Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
You’re leaving out a critical word- truth. We are to worship God in spirit and truth. The truth is God commanded us to keep holy the seventh day Sabbath Exodus 20:8-11 as that is the holy day of the Lord thy God Isaiah 58:13 from Creation Genesis 2:1-3 Jesus told us to obey God’s commandments and not worship in vain by following tradition over the commandments of God. Matthew 15:3-9

Upvote 0