Winlock
✟147,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I am stating facts. If your god is all sovereign and he stands by and allows such great evil that makes him no better than the devil. It is no different in society where is a crime is being commit, like rape or murder and you are more than able to stop and do nothing, that person would be looked up as evil.
You do realize don't you, that Jesus himself is going to destroy the wicked on earth and cast them into hell at judgment?

You didn't answer. You want God to serve justice for sin here and now? Would you survive if God deals with you justly? I wouldn't. If the rapist sins, and you sin, are you any less guilty of breaking God's law? And yet God in his grace allows us to continue for now.

10 So then, I have seen the wicked buried, those who used to go in and out from the holy place, and they are soon forgotten in the city where they did thus. This too is futility.
11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, therefore the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.
12 Although a sinner does evil a hundred times and may lengthen his life, still I know that it will be well for those who fear God, who fear Him openly.
13 But it will not be well for the evil man and he will not lengthen his days like a shadow, because he does not fear God. (Ecclesiastes 8:10, NASB)

Why do you refer to God as "your God"? Almost implying that believing in God's full sovereignty meana following a false god. Am I correct? You should read the old testament. I'm not sure you would be pleased with God.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How so? An omnipotent God could certainly separate the existence of will from the ability to experience enjoyment.

Happiness means getting what you want. If you don't want things, you can't be happy.

I'm not following. I'm currently able to wish for things. Therefore I wish that I wouldn't be able to wish for things

That's like wishing you were dead. It's not a wish where you can ever say "I'm happy that my wish was granted."

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don't need to commit yourself to someone if you love them. That's a reluctant, fleshy word. When you really love someone, you can't imagine ever leaving them or cheating on them or breaking their heart.

I think your just mincing words friend. A person who loves his wife is committed to her as well.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
these are things that Christians need to stop saying.

1. God will use you.

Nothing wrong with that. I spend eight hours a day being used by a heathen at my job. It would be nice think that life has some kind of godly purpose.
Thank you :) I think this is a good way to look at it. "God will use you" can be a word of encouragement that the hard things we go through will not be for nothing, but God will use us . . . like how He used Joseph in Joseph's horrible situation.

And even though Jesus was nailed to the cross, He was the One who was on top of things.

So, thank you for giving a wholesome way of seeing it, instead of merely an argument of words like I can tend to do.

Upvote 0