Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have always kept my eyes on the Mid-East.

On the 70th anniversary of Israel being recognized as an Independent Nation, and President Trump opening the U.S. Embassy thereby "officially" recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capitol, does anybody believe besides me that this is a moment in history to watch? That this is a pivotal moment in the history of Israel?

Warning: This not a thread about the politics of individuals. I don't care if you are a Democrat, or Republican, or Independent, Libertarian, or Communist. If this thread turns into a political debate, I will request this thread to be shut down.

God Bless

Till all are one.

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The importance, I believe, lies in the fact that with the opening of this Embassy shows something that not has been recognized in 70 years.

From Truman to Obama, nothing has come close to the importance of this one act, in the history of the Middle East.

Jerusalem is the capitol Israel!

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi DD,

I also approve of our recognizing, by establishment of our embassy, that Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel. It has always been thus on paper and since foreign embassies around the world are generally located in a nation's capitol city, there isn't any reason that Jerusalem hasn't been the place for foreign embassies to Israel. Hopefully other nations will follow and we will be able to finally put this issue of the capitol of Israel to rest.

However, as has often been the reason the embassy wasn't moved earlier, I would fully expect and prepare for some serious backlash from those who identify as the Palestinian people, and likely some of the other middle eastern nations. Throughout history the general undertow of the Arab nations is that they want Israel gone. Some have expressed this idea more strongly than others, but there's always been a large part of the middle eastern people who desire that Israel just be completely removed from the map.

I agree that this could be a pivotal point in the unfolding of the future, but as yet, we can only wait and watch. I fully support President Trump in his attempt so far to recognize Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel.

God bless
In Christ, ted

Reactions: DeaconDean
Upvote 0