Leland, North Carolina
✟7,762.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The year was 2005 and my wife had just gotten back from a Christian retreat (the Emmaus walk if anyone is familiar with it). She was transformed and gave me an application for the same retreat. She told me to pray about it and told me it was my choice. I sat on it for a couple of months until one day while I was trying to vaccuum and clean the house to surprse my wife. I said more of a challenge then a prayer to God telling him he needed to give me a sign if I he wanted me to go on this retreat. With no windows open, no fans blowing, the application fell off of the entertainment center and fell at my feet, across the room. I followed that sign and after that weekend, I began my walk with Christ.

Not too long after this I came to God and gave my 10 year smoking habit at the cross. I smoked between 1-3 packs of cigaretes a day for 10 years. I came to God and told him I could not quit. I needed him to take it, to give me a kick-start to quit. The very next morning I woke up with Bronchitis and Pneumonia. That was October 15th, 2005 and I have stayed tobacco free ever since. Not the way I expected God to respond, but God be praised for freeing me from that burden!