Two Alabama clinics pause IVF services after court rules that embryos are children

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Reduce them to zero!

Here in reality, you are nowhere close to getting that. Everytime it goes to about to a vote from the general public, banning abortion loses. So in the meantime while you work on convincing people to not get abortions, how many unnecessary dead babies are you willing to let pile up because you are letting “perfect” get in the way of “good”?

Colorado was successful at reducing abortions. Prolife could have stood on the shoulders of that success. Instead Republicans came in and tore down the progress that had been made because women were able to make their own reproductive choices and apparently that is worse than dead babies.

I would think going out in to the world and bringing everyone to faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and everyone simply chooses to not get an abortion because of their own morality and the law is irrelevant. This has the added benefit of more people getting eternal life in heaven and not tortured for all eternity in hell. But it seems prolife people are much more interested in using the jackboot of the civil authorities to convince people to not get an abortion rather than following their deity’s command in the Great Commission which would give them what they want plus more souls in heaven.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don’t want to see anyone die in the name of “choice.” So no, I would not support it.
You would not support a measure that reduced abortion by half among the targeted demographic?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You would not support a measure that reduced abortion by half among the targeted demographic?
Depends. I don’t want to support it at all. But things must change, if that makes sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,389.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I personally would like to see no abortions period.
Me too.

You'll be aware that some people are called pro life. And others pro abortion. The latter is a misnomer. I, for example, am not pro abortion. And I don't know anyone personally or from any discussion online who thinks we should be having more abortions. Because hey, abortions are great! Every girl should have one! It's an idiotic term that makes pro life people feel better because they can more easily demonize 'the other side'.

They want it to be black and white. It ain't.

And because of this attitude, this black and white attitude, their position will be 'No abortions'. Period. They won't discuss less abortions. They won't discuss means to reduce abortions. And they won't consider any proposal whereby we could that. Because that's not their position. Their position is 'No abortions'. Period.

Consequently, proposals and policies that drastically reduce them, such as was posted upstream re Colorado will be ignored. Because they don't address what they want. Which is...'No abortions.' Period.

It's like someone campaigning against gun deaths but refusing to listen to proposals that will reduce the carnage. It's monstrously idiotic.

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I personally would like to see no abortions period.
There’s always going to be some pregnancies that will not produce viable offspring and will end with a medical or surgical abortion.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
There’s always going to be some pregnancies that will not produce viable offspring and will end with a medical or surgical abortion.
I’m aware, they are the exception.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Me too.

You'll be aware that some people are called pro life. And others pro abortion. The latter is a misnomer. I, for example, am not pro abortion. And I don't know anyone personally or from any discussion online who thinks we should be having more abortions. Because hey, abortions are great! Every girl should have one! It's an idiotic term that makes pro life people feel better because they can more easily demonize 'the other side'.

They want it to be black and white. It ain't.

And because of this attitude, this black and white attitude, their position will be 'No abortions'. Period. They won't discuss less abortions. They won't discuss means to reduce abortions. And they won't consider any proposal whereby we could that. Because that's not their position. Their position is 'No abortions'. Period.

Consequently, proposals and policies that drastically reduce them, such as was posted upstream re Colorado will be ignored. Because they don't address what they want. Which is...'No abortions.' Period.

It's like someone campaigning against gun deaths but refusing to listen to proposals that will reduce the carnage. It's monstrously idiotic.
It should only be used if the mother or baby’s life is in danger, or if the baby isn’t viable. Nothing more, nothing less. Killing a fetus because it’s unwanted is incredibly selfish.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It should only be used if the mother or baby’s life is in danger, or if the baby isn’t viable. Nothing more, nothing less. Killing a fetus because it’s unwanted is incredibly selfish.

I think abortions should be rare and only as a last resort. At one time I would have been willing to support bans with exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother, but Texas has shown us that the life of the mother doesn't matter. Women shouldn't have to bleed out, get sepsis and lose the ability to bear children in the future to get care.

With planned parenthood centers being shut down and funding for public health clinics being reduced or eliminated, places like Texas are also seeing a spike in syphilis cases and children being born with the disease, as well as "maternity deserts". Someone I know that deals with public health said syphilis cases have spiked since covid, and there is a shortage on some treatment drugs.

From 2020... If people were really pro-life they would elect democrats...

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
From what I gathered from a post by @JSRG on the first page, it sounds like they are cracking down on IVF clinics that cut corners and unnessarily destroy fertalized eggs. unnecessarily.''

I see the divide because the more humanist or liberal way would be going by the notion that a baby isn't a baby until it is born, and before that, it was an embryo and fetus.

Then on the other side, if an egg is fertilized, it is a baby. That person would see every embryo death that occurs, it's a fully functional life.

At first, I thought, it's not a big deal either way but I would be very unhappy if for example, I've heard about soldiers (not often) who for their wive's sake freeze some of their reproductive fluid and tragically, he does not come home or injured and can no longer make a baby with him. then to hear that the resulting embryos from their donations weren't treated properly and died. I'd be up in arms asking for someone to do something about it.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The way I see it is that God might have made the sexual act (hence conception) a lot less...how shall we say, incredibly difficult to resist. Especially in young people when they're at the peak sexual fitness and less able to resist. Which would have solved a lot of the problems that He knew would result.

Do you think He did it on purpose to test us? Like letting a kid loose in a sweet shop and then punishing the kid for not being able to resist temptation.

I can't say why He does what he does. I figure we'll all find out eventually.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I think abortions should be rare and only as a last resort. At one time I would have been willing to support bans with exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother, but Texas has shown us that the life of the mother doesn't matter. Women shouldn't have to bleed out, get sepsis and lose the ability to bear children in the future to get care.

With planned parenthood centers being shut down and funding for public health clinics being reduced or eliminated, places like Texas are also seeing a spike in syphilis cases and children being born with the disease, as well as "maternity deserts". Someone I know that deals with public health said syphilis cases have spiked since covid, and there is a shortage on some treatment drugs.

From 2020... If people were really pro-life they would elect democrats...

I think abortion should only be used to save the life of the mother. I’m happy Planned Parenthood centers are being shut down. I hope I’m my lifetime they will no longer exist.

Upvote 0