Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its the same in games now too. Every game has some character that is LGBT. Sure I may not agree with their lifestyle but for such a small group its frustrating that they are in everything. I know PC is about diversity, and I am fine with that too but sometimes its not realistic.

If you went by the logic of tv shows/movies/video games, every person has a friend of every race, gender, every sexual orientation, disabled, fat, skinny, tall, short.... the list goes on and on.

It's not realistic at all. And ironically they leave alot of people out like I don't really see anyone in wheelchairs in everything. Or people with allergies. Or people with three arms from Venus (ok maybe not that one).

The problem is everything wants to look diverse, thus everything is overly PC and it makes it feel annoying.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What objection is there to having gay characters in tv shows? If you dont like it, dont watch it.

They are immoral and living in sin. Those shows won't be watched by any in my extended family.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
They are immoral and living in sin. Those shows won't be watched by any in my extended family.
Umm . . . . no. Many of them in fact are getting married today. They were forced to "live in sin" for ages by Christians, at least in the western world.

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Umm . . . . no. Many of them in fact are getting married today. They were forced to "live in sin" for ages by Christians, at least in the western world.

If they are still practicing LGBT, they are living in sin - married or not married.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If they are still practicing LGBT, they are living in sin - married or not married.

How so? Just because they do not follow your personal interpretation of the Bible does not mean that they are "living in sin" at least no more than anyone else is.

Upvote 0

nChrist

Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How so? Just because they do not follow your personal interpretation of the Bible does not mean that they are "living in sin" at least no more than anyone else is.

The Holy Bible is pretty bold and blunt on this topic, so interpretation isn't required. I could give you a page full of Scripture from the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible if I wanted to. Most people don't appreciate a wall of text, so I won't unless I feel it would do some good.

Reactions: Rubricnigel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The Holy Bible is pretty bold and blunt on this topic, so interpretation isn't required. I could give you a page full of Scripture from the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible if I wanted to. Most people don't appreciate a wall of text, so I won't unless I feel it would do some good.
And yet there are many Christians that will disagree with you on this. It is all but impossible to justify a literal interpretation of the Bible in these matters.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

If you are that easily triggered by just seeing a gay person then I don't quite get how you even manage to function as a human.

Do you also run away screaming when you see a gay person on the street or you have to witness an unmarried couple kissing in public?

The horror!

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
nChrist, I get you. There is very little to watch on TV without a gay couple etc. I would like to be able to watch something that was just entertaining without having gays,lgbqt shoved down my throat.
Not to mention Gods name -and Jesus' name continually used as a swear word.

Funny it is only Christians that are targeted in this way. When was the last time you heard Allah used like this? Actually when was the first time?
They wouldn't dare.

All too often the answer is "turn it off".

I do just that many times and I don't think it will get better because its a reflection on how society thinks now .:(

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I was watching TV last night and encountered no gay programming.

I did see a trailer for a new show about a black gay dance troupe though "The Dancing Elites". But don't worry, Christianity is also represented in the ad as an offended guy is shown shouting "You're going to hell!!!"

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet there are many Christians that will disagree with you on this. It is all but impossible to justify a literal interpretation of the Bible in these matters.
Impossible? The bible says man shall not lie with man. I mean its obvious what it is saying. Any christian that says otherwise just is making an excuse to justify LGBT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What objection is there to having gay characters in tv shows? If you dont like it, dont watch it.

LGBTQ represnets 4.5% of the entire poulation of America. Why does it have to be on 100% of our TV's, in our culture, movies so on?

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
LGBTQ represnets 4.5% of the entire poulation of America. Why does it have to be on 100% of our TV's, in our culture, movies so on?

Simple: Because people like the shows and watch it.

Aren't you guys living in the land of capitalism? So you should understand how the basic principle of economy works.
As long as the shows are being watched and the ratings are good the networks will keep producing them. Supply meets demand.

And I don't think a couple of outraged fundy Christians is a concern for these networks.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Simple: Because people like the shows and watch it.

No, that's not completely true. Most watch it because it is all that is presented. Or people like myself don't even watch tv anymore. Its not even funny or interesting to watch.

Aren't you guys living in the land of capitalism? So you should understand how the basic principle of economy works.

This is just being pushed on us. It is just a way to get it into our homes and normalising it. If they listened to the vast majority alot of this wouldn't be on the air.

As long as the shows are being watched and the ratings are good the networks will keep producing them. Supply meets demand.

No, honestly.... take it. I promise you it won't be missed. Start you own Telemundo or something way back on the UV channels. I promise you, most of us won't even know what goes on, on that channel.

And I don't think a couple of outraged fundy Christians is a concern for these networks.

But then again... you don't know my God.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Its the same in games now too. Every game has some character that is LGBT. Sure I may not agree with their lifestyle but for such a small group its frustrating that they are in everything. I know PC is about diversity, and I am fine with that too but sometimes its not realistic.

If you went by the logic of tv shows/movies/video games, every person has a friend of every race, gender, every sexual orientation, disabled, fat, skinny, tall, short.... the list goes on and on.
i have friends of all these....why don't you?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.