#TurnItOff

JohnC2

Aug 21, 2014
✟22,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am embarassed and horrified by the filth and anger the American Media spews. I literally don’t even want my kids to watch big network news because of all the hate and vile behavior broadcast minute by minute in the name of “news”.

They literally go out of their way to make sport of the most vile and hate filled blather they can come up with - and then pay taking heads to twist somebody else’s words to show “support” for it....

And you literally have to go outside the country to FOREIGN news agencies to get actual facts about news going on IN THE USA without having to put up with half an hour of hate-filled blather to find the “news” scattered into it. That is absolutely unacceptable!

And notice how we Christians aren’t spared... Nope.. They drool over any opportunity to scandalize and destroy both the Church and the name of Jesus.

It’s time to #TurnItOff!

It’s time to let our voice be heard by turning them off! It’s time to refuse to visit the websites of those who spew hate for money. It’s time to refuse to watch their TV channels and buy their newspapers and magazines.

So....
#TurnItOff

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I am embarrassed (it's spelled with a double r) and horrified by the filth and anger the American president spews. I literally don’t even want kids to go to his Twitter or watch big network news because of all of his hate and vile behavior broadcast minute by minute.

He literally goes out of his way to make sport of the most vile and hate filled blather he can come up with - and then pay taking heads to twist somebody else’s words to show “support” for it....

And you literally don't have to go outside the country to FOREIGN news agencies to get actual facts about news going on IN THE USA without having to put up with half an hour of hate-filled blather to find the “news” scattered into it, you just have to be willing to put up with facts that might not be to your liking. Unfortunately there's many folks who will not accept any news that isn't flattering of Trump. That is absolutely unacceptable!

And notice how we Christians aren’t spared... Nope.. He drools over any opportunity to scandalize and destroy the witness of both the Church and the name of Jesus.

It’s time to #Vote

It’s time to let our voice be heard by voting. It’s time to refuse to visit the Twitter feed of those who spew hate for self-gain.

So....
#VoteWisely

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am embarrassed (it's spelled with a double r) and horrified by the filth and anger the American president spews. I literally don’t even want kids to go to his Twitter or watch big network news because of all of his hate and vile behavior broadcast minute by minute.

He literally goes out of his way to make sport of the most vile and hate filled blather he can come up with - and then pay taking heads to twist somebody else’s words to show “support” for it....

And you literally don't have to go outside the country to FOREIGN news agencies to get actual facts about news going on IN THE USA without having to put up with half an hour of hate-filled blather to find the “news” scattered into it, you just have to be willing to put up with facts that might not be to your liking. Unfortunately there's many folks who will not accept any news that isn't flattering of Trump. That is absolutely unacceptable!

And notice how we Christians aren’t spared... Nope.. He drools over any opportunity to scandalize and destroy the witness of both the Church and the name of Jesus.

It’s time to #Vote

It’s time to let our voice be heard by voting. It’s time to refuse to visit the Twitter feed of those who spew hate for self-gain.

So....
#VoteWisely

It would be right (and kind of funny) if Twitter banned Trump for violating their community standards.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would very much like to turn Trump off. Can we please do that?

You can't just turn off the TV and social media?

I think people either overtly or secretly like having Trump around. He gives people cause for drama, contention, controversy....all the things that lots of people crave. To some he's a messianic-like restorer of America who is the source of all that is right and good. To others he's the source of all evil who is trying to destroy America, and even the entire planet.

I doubt people really want to turn him off. Everyone likes him around for various reasons and needs.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JohnC2

Aug 21, 2014
✟22,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I noticed a transition happen in the media during his campaign.

Early on - they assumed everybody hated Trump so they broadcast everything he said.... But it turned out that he has a lot of charisma and people responded to him very favorably.

Next - they sound bited him and then gave commentary... People still responded very favorably.

So next - they showed him talking but there was NO actual Trump words. The commentators did ALL the talking and basically talked their own message.

Now - they don’t even show a picture of Trump and they certainly don’t play his audio.... They say something like “He had a speech today” and then go on and on about how he was racist and hates everybody.

So I will challenge you with this:

If he was such a buffoon and so radical: Why not broadcast his actual speeches and his audio and let him dig his own grave. It should just be that simple right?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟822,119.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I noticed a transition happen in the media during his campaign.

Early on - they assumed everybody hated Trump so they broadcast everything he said.... But it turned out that he has a lot of charisma and people responded to him very favorably.

Next - they sound bited him and then gave commentary... People still responded very favorably.

So next - they showed him talking but there was NO actual Trump words. The commentators did ALL the talking and basically talked their own message.

Now - they don’t even show a picture of Trump and they certainly don’t play his audio.... They say something like “He had a speech today” and then go on and on about how he was racist and hates everybody.

So I will challenge you with this:

If he was such a buffoon and so radical: Why not broadcast his actual speeches and his audio and let him dig his own grave. It should just be that simple right?
Not sure which media outlets that you observed this in but haven't witnessed it on any of the main news sources.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

carp614

Apr 21, 2016
Home
✟29,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s time to let our voice be heard by turning them off!

Amen Brother!
I'm telling you, I did this just after the 2016 election.

First I dropped cable, which saved me a mint. Then I started purging all of the Facebook groups that blindly followed any party line. I got off of Twitter. I cut it all off. For a time I completely walked away from it all. The most amazing thing happened...the world did not end. America did not end. There was no revolution. Mass hysteria did not ensue.

I started using my brain again. Over time I began to see media personalities as what they really are: hucksters and con artists peddling propaganda and passing it off as something else. Because controversy sells, because if you fear an enemy you spend money on political causes, you give power to the power hungry and, most importantly, you glue your eyes to a media outlet that is showing you a large, wet, putrid, smelly bag of garbage and calling it a birthday cake.

Free of this bondage to fear and anger I had time to reflect more on the type of Christian God made me to be. I got familiar with Luke Chapter 6 where it says anyone can love those who are easy to love. God is glorified when you love those who are difficult to love. I'm still as conservative as I ever was. I still have strong opinions about what I think America should be. But God totally transformed my heart toward people with whom I disagree.

Now I love those I disagree with first and foremost. I empathize with them. I understand their fear, anger, frustration, brokenness. At least I try to.

Deleting the media hype con job from my life was one of the best decisions I ever made. I cannot recommend this course of action more fervently.

#turnitoff

Reactions: JohnC2
Upvote 0

JohnC2

Aug 21, 2014
✟22,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wish I could hit the “like” button 50 times for this post.

Media hype con job peddling a putrid pile is the best description of what I am seeing now...

Amen Brother!
I'm telling you, I did this just after the 2016 election.

First I dropped cable, which saved me a mint. Then I started purging all of the Facebook groups that blindly followed any party line. I got off of Twitter. I cut it all off. For a time I completely walked away from it all. The most amazing thing happened...the world did not end. America did not end. There was no revolution. Mass hysteria did not ensue.

I started using my brain again. Over time I began to see media personalities as what they really are: hucksters and con artists peddling propaganda and passing it off as something else. Because controversy sells, because if you fear an enemy you spend money on political causes, you give power to the power hungry and, most importantly, you glue your eyes to a media outlet that is showing you a large, wet, putrid, smelly bag of garbage and calling it a birthday cake.

Free of this bondage to fear and anger I had time to reflect more on the type of Christian God made me to be. I got familiar with Luke Chapter 6 where it says anyone can love those who are easy to love. God is glorified when you love those who are difficult to love. I'm still as conservative as I ever was. I still have strong opinions about what I think America should be. But God totally transformed my heart toward people with whom I disagree.

Now I love those I disagree with first and foremost. I empathize with them. I understand their fear, anger, frustration, brokenness. At least I try to.

Deleting the media hype con job from my life was one of the best decisions I ever made. I cannot recommend this course of action more fervently.

#turnitoff

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: carp614
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums