United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Katie Britt defends sex trafficking story she falsely links to Biden presidency

Republican denied hiding fact that the abuse she referred to in her State of the Union rebuttal had actually occurred during Bush era

In her first interview since delivering her widely ridiculed rebuttal to Joe Biden’s State of the Union speech, Republican senator Katie Britt refused to apologize for invoking a story about child rape that she implied resulted from the president’s handling of the ongoing crisis at the southern US border – even though the abuse occurred years earlier in Mexico while her party controlled the White House.

Britt, 42, appeared on Fox News Sunday and denied hiding the fact that the rape and sex trafficking case to which she referred had actually occurred during the presidency of George W Bush. She also made it a point to criticize what she called “the liberal media” for how they have covered her rebuttal to Biden’s speech on Thursday, which earned being parodied on the latest episode of Saturday Night Live.

She's not the first, of course. Marjorie Taylor Green lied about Biden's imagined role in a school shooting:

She lied about when it happened, too. Happened before the Safer Schools law was signed into law by George HW Bush. (not Joe Biden)

As they get more and more desperate, they don't even care if the stories make any sense or are remotely believable. They're just tossing stuff out to see if any of it sticks.

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As they get more and more desperate, they don't even care if the stories make any sense or are remotely believable. They're just tossing stuff out to see if any of it sticks.
I am not defending anyone allied with the GOP when they do something like that. However, are you aware of the times when the leaders of the democratic party and the liberal mainstream media talking heads have done, or said, similar actions?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am not defending anyone allied with the GOP when they do something like that. However, are you aware of the times when the leaders of the democratic party and the liberal mainstream media talking heads have done, or said, similar actions?
It might be good to see what democrat officials said. I specifically didn't include the far-right media, because it would be unfair to blame the republican party for every white supremacist and neo-nazi out there. Let's stick with the issue. I'll even give you a pass on Jewish Space Lasers.

Upvote 0