Born to Watch

Mar 19, 2011
Australia
✟9,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I dislike is your aggressive, personal attacks and refusal to argue coherently or from a point of knowledge as well.
Clearly your knowledge in relation to this issue is base at best.
BB get over it, I dont rate you or your opinion. Sorry.
Its irrelevant, I dont care.
Your position is a contradiction to mine, irrespective of all the evidence you deny quakes are on the rise. Fine
I understand your position, I disagree and have shown evidence to the contrary.
Get over it.

Your sites prove nothing, quakes have risen steadily over the past 12 years when all the quake measuring gear and stations has been in place and you dont know or wont admit that. Fine.
Again I dont care.

Leave me alone, your like a stalker

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Whats your story BB, what a lonely person with no friends?
This is not an atheist site, let my fellow Christians judge me.
Why do you insult and attack me, tell me to go away.
Its a Christian forum, you dont own it or decide what i believe, nor do a few silly money grubbing scientists dictate my faith like you.
We are different. I can handle that.
Nice edit after my post to make it look like you were ahead of me! Trouble is, the time stamp gives you away :doh:

And look how it begins - personal insult. You are a class act, aren't you?

As for the Quake measurements you have blatantly fudged. Under a magnitude 4 quake isnt measured any more, there are so many
Go check the data, they have stopped recording quakes less than 4 mag, there are to many
You read that site just like you read the bible, didn't you? You saw what you wanted to see not what is actually there. Go back and read it again. Trying quoting verbatim what it actually says about recording earthquakes. And then do the same with this site from my post #10 Are Earthquakes Really on the Increase?

I won't insist on an apology but it would be very Christian of you to offer one :amen:

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Your sites prove nothing, quakes have risen steadily over the past 12 years when all the quake measuring gear and stations has been in place and you dont know or wont admit that. Fine.

I used the same sites as you and the source information that your biblical site twisted so well.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
While some may deny the increase in quakes we have seen two more +6 mag quakes today
This is getting severe.
1 in Vanuatu and another of Sumatra.
Oh please, not another one who doesn't understand science. Perhaps if you did a little more research you'd stop with the doomsaying? Here's another site for you lazy posters Are large earthquakes increasing in frequency? | Earth | EarthSky

If you bother to read up it explains normalisation of data and grouping of quakes such that today's quakes are not "new". And the final paragraph says:

"Bottom line: Scientists analyzed the historical record of earthquakes greater than 8.0 in magnitude and concluded that the global frequency of large earthquakes is no higher today than it has been in the past. Results of the study were published on January 17, 2012 in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Born to Watch

Mar 19, 2011
Australia
✟9,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Indonesia quake a record, risks for Aceh grow - chicagotribune.com

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - The powerful undersea earthquake off the Indonesian island of Sumatra this week was a once in 2,000 years event, and although it resulted in only a few deaths, it increases the risks of a killer quake in the region, a leading seismologist said.

Upvote 0

Born to Watch

Mar 19, 2011
Australia
✟9,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Quake Expert: Earth Cracking Up

croatiantimes.com
A leading earthquake scientist has warned that the planet could be cracking up after a series of massive quakes in just 48 hours.

Expert Gheorghe Marmureanu - from Romania's National Institute of Earth Physics - says 39 quakes had hit the globe within two days.

The series started with two massive quakes in Indonesia measuring 8.6 and 8.2 on the Richter scale rapidly followed by three more only slightly smaller in Mexico within hours.

"There is no doubt that something is seriously wrong. There have been too many strong earthquakes," said Marmureanu.

He added: "The quakes are a surprise that cannot be easily explained by current scientific knowledge. With the Indonesian quake for example, statistically, there should be one big earthquake in this part of Asia every 500 years. However, since 2004, there were already three quakes with a magnitude of over 8, which is not normal.

I can just imagine some saying that because Marmureanu is Romanian he isnt really a scientist. Go figure

Upvote 0

Born to Watch

Mar 19, 2011
Australia
✟9,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Born to Watch

Mar 19, 2011
Australia
✟9,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Statistically over a longer given time, of course.
Break those stats down into 5 year units and see how you go.

Volcanoes??

You know why the USGS stopped recording quakes under 4 unless they caused damage. There were so many it wasnt feasible anymore.
Research BB, research.

Blame it on fracking I dont care but its increasing, its a fact .
Fracking causes earthquakes, studies confirm - Technology & Science - CBC News

Upvote 0