• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

trying to adopt

Discussion in 'Married Couples' started by CanadianChristianWife, Jun 4, 2016.

1. CanadianChristianWife

CanadianChristianWife Newbie

+45
    Un. Church of CA
    Married
    Always wanted to adopt.
    We got married February 2015 and called about adopting in March, took classes in the fall. Now we are almost done the home study. A local couple I know recently got denied to adopt... so it's stressful and intense.

Since we've started this, we've found out my husband's chances of having children naturally would be nearly impossible. I'm having a bone density test next week due to a compression fracture in my spine.

We are just looking for any prayer or encouragement.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. amariselle

amariselle Jesus Never Fails

+4,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I will pray for you and your husband. :)
    I think it is wonderful that you both are looking into adoption, I wish it wasn't so hard and that less people were denied. There are so many children that need loving homes.

God bless you.

3. Krissy Cakes

Krissy Cakes Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,521
    Christian
    Married
    Praying for you and your husband. :prayer:

My husband and I would love to adopt one day. :prayer:

4. Krissy Cakes

Krissy Cakes Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,521
    Christian
    Married

Agree it being hard and that so many people denied. :(

5. amariselle

amariselle Jesus Never Fails

+4,127
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I know, it shouldn't be that way. There are so many good homes out there with truly loving potential parents.

6. BookishGirl

BookishGirl Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,915
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Praying for you right now. :wave:

We adopted two children through the foster care system. My adopted daughter told me she wants to adopt a child so she can show them the love that she has been shown. That really blessed me. :)

7. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+14,036
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    My youngest daughter and her husband are currently in the process of being interviewed/back ground checks to adopt.