Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don’t understand when people tell me you need to learn to be content single. The man has to initiate it. So if the man is content single, he won't initiate it nor will he be trying to get ready.

I can’t figure this out!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟216,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's been so sad this week :disappointed:

I have no problem initiating it.
Explain the trick. If you like being single too much, you won't want to be married. It's an oxymoron to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mandolin Wood
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟216,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why so sad this week? What part of Michigan? I used to live in the UP.
I just get upset about it.

I am in Grand Rapids - the Bible Belt of MI! Tho I regret to say it's not quite the Bible Belt it used to be.....

I don't think I've ever been to the UP! When it's Vacation Time, you go South not North! (I'm speaking generic you)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't get married.
It's so sad.
I never have a break-thru
I feel terrible
You say it like it has been set? How do you know the time or hour for anything? That doesn't feel like truth, more like something we tell ourselves or the enemy whispers and in our ear. Maybe start your truth at a different starting point..a truth about what you are as a child of God. Marriage is temporary but our identity in Christ is eternal.

By the way I'm a 2 hr distance from you. I was in Holland a couple years ago to support a friends marathon. I camped there. She was pregnant at the time. Love coffee in Holland. I think I may have been kayaking in grand rapids last summer with my friend that lives in Ann arbor.

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟216,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You say it like it has been set? How do you know the time or hour for anything? That doesn't feel like truth, more like something we tell ourselves or the enemy whispers and in our ear. Maybe start your truth at a different starting point..a truth about what you are as a child of God. Marriage is temporary but our identity in Christ is eternal.
Those aren't truths in my post, correct. The thread sometimes turns to me posting things that aren't.
By the way I'm a 2 hr distance from you. I was in Holland a couple years ago to support a friends marathon. I camped there. She was pregnant at the time. Love coffee in Holland.
Yes, Holland is great. It was settled by Calvinists. That's why the tulip flower is special there. B/c the flower represents the 5 points of Calvinism.
I have postcards of Holland & the tulips to remind me of that. That, & I have family that lives there, & some special things happened there this past summer w/ extended family. I hope you liked it! Come back sometime!
I think I may have been kayaking in grand rapids last summer with my friend that lives in Ann arbor.
How would you not know if you were in GR?????

• Informative
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Those aren't truths in my post, correct. The thread sometimes turns to me posting things that aren't.
Ahh, somehow I missed that. Glad it's not stated as a truth.
Yes, Holland is great. It was settled by Calvinists.
I did not know this. That's pretty interesting.
How would you not know if you were in GR?????
I had to revisit and look up but it was not Grand rapids. It was Lansing. I do think that back in 2007 I may have been in Grand rapids if that's where Rob Bell was. I visited the church Mars Hill and had some interesting revelations at the time that revealed itself years later.

Also that might be where Myers garden is. I had plans to go this year with some girlfriends but I think we're going to post it till next year.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟216,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ahh, somehow I missed that. Glad it's not stated as a truth.
Yeah, unfortunately sometimes it becomes my pouting thread...........

I did not know this. That's pretty interesting.

I had to revisit and look up but it was not Grand rapids. It was Lansing. I do think that back in 2007 I may have been in Grand rapids if that's where Rob Bell was. I visited the church Mars Hill and had some interesting revelations at the time that revealed itself years later.
Yes, Mars Hill is a popular church here. I don't know Rob Bell. Lansing is fun too.
Also that might be where Myers garden is. I had plans to go this year with some girlfriends but I think we're going to post it till next year.
Yep, I live like 5 minutes away from there but haven't been since I was little. I always want to go, either alone or w/ family, but we just never do. :/

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yep, I live like 5 minutes away from there but haven't been since I was little. I always want to go, either alone or w/ family, but we just never do. :/
You should. I've heard good things. Especially the tea room.
Yes, Mars Hill is a popular church here. I don't know Rob Bell. Lansing is fun too.
Lansing was interesting when I was driving to a coffee shop. I could smell the medicinal smoke everywhere from cars and people walking for a festival. There were billboards promoting it, but I really don't think it's good for the economy locally.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If your ok with it, I'd like to post a truth if my own...

Matthew 22:30 ESV​

For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Luke 20:34-36 ESV​

And Jesus said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

The truth is I have struggled with many comparisons and still can.

God's will reveals that I was not to be married in my 20s, 30s, 40s and that it also was a choice.

Truth is I'm still alive and God has not finished revealing His plan. I have a desire to live to be a healthy 100 & marry one that glorifies the Lord but ultimately it is in God's hands

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟216,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If your ok with it, I'd like to post a truth if my own...

Matthew 22:30 ESV​

For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Luke 20:34-36 ESV​

And Jesus said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
I kind of lean towards there will be marriage & don't think the parts you quoted deny that, tho if there isn't marriage in eternal life, I am fine with that.
The Matthew verse is in response to saying it's a inheritance thing: the concept of marriage being a inheritance thing is gone.
The Luke verses are saying if you don't get married, you are more than worthy for eternal life - tho you may not feel like it & feel like the marrieds are more worthy. W/out context Jesus seems to be calling for celibacy, if you get married you're not a child of God, but we know that contradicts Paul saying get married if you want to, &, frankly, the way the Creator created.
The truth is I have struggled with many comparisons and still can.
?
God's will reveals that I was not to be married in my 20s, 30s, 40s and that it also was a choice.
It's a gift & yet a choice, yes. It's a paradox we can't understand. The book I'm reading is discussing this. How God is in total control yet we're still responsible.
Truth is I'm still alive and God has not finished revealing His plan. I have a desire to live to be a healthy 100 & marry one that glorifies the Lord but ultimately it is in God's hands
Yep, so rejoice at all times.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
kind of lean towards there will be marriage & don't think the parts you quoted deny that, tho if there isn't marriage in eternal life, I am fine with that.
The Matthew verse is in response to saying it's a inheritance thing: the concept of marriage being a inheritance thing is gone.
The Luke verses are saying if you don't get married, you are more than worthy for eternal life - tho you may not feel like it & feel like the marrieds are more worthy. W/out context Jesus seems to be calling for celibacy, if you get married you're not a child of God, but we know that contradicts Paul saying get married if you want to, &, frankly, the way the Creator created.
Yes, context is important. It's just a perspective that helps remind me that this isn't eternity. And in eternity we will not be alone!
It's a gift & yet a choice, yes. It's a paradox we can't understand. The book I'm reading is discussing this. How God is in total control yet we're still responsible
I have to remind myself if that many times.

As for comparisons, an example would be a couple in their 20s married and have a nice new refrigerator. In my 30s I could not afford those things without dual income. I'm over that comparison now as I began to realize there are spouses that put you in poverty because they mismanage money.

The list goes on of comparisons, with not having kids there are people in the workplace that look down on you like your less of a human because you don't share their struggles. The same people who complain about their marriages made a choice ultimately.

A friend coworker and I had a discussion about having kids the other day. Pros and cons. Same as owning a pet. What are our reasons. She's married and 31 and teters back and forth. After her dog passed, like myself l, we think about the responsibility and time commitment. What we want to do with our time

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟216,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, context is important. It's just a perspective that helps remind me that this isn't eternity. And in eternity we will not be alone!

I have to remind myself if that many times.

As for comparisons, an example would be a couple in their 20s married and have a nice new refrigerator. In my 30s I could not afford those things without dual income. I'm over that comparison now as I began to realize there are spouses that put you in poverty because they mismanage money.

The list goes on of comparisons, with not having kids there are people in the workplace that look down on you like your less of a human because you don't share their struggles. The same people who complain about their marriages made a choice ultimately.

A friend coworker and I had a discussion about having kids the other day. Pros and cons. Same as owning a pet. What are our reasons. She's married and 31 and teters back and forth. After her dog passed, like myself l, we think about the responsibility and time commitment. What we want to do with our time
Oh, the grass isn't always greener things you mean.

I'd love to be married, but you lose some freedoms when married & that can be hard. So singles can be thankful they usually have more freedoms.

Upvote 0