Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
People I've been given right now to mentor me, sometimes it can be hard to understand if they're helping. They got married at 25 or younger & just can't understand what it's like. Older generations especially can't. They thought getting married at 22 was older. It's depressing b/c it makes me think that if you don't marry young, God didn't pick you to be married

I been really depressed about this past couple weeks. Doesn't go away. It's only going to get harder as I get older.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The sheep gets dirty. Blood flows from the cross & runs like a stream down the grass. The Good Shepherd takes the sheep, dips it into the blood, & the sheep is clean. The Good Shepherd is good to the sheep.

The sheep’s heart gets dirty. The Good Shepherd has the sheep’s heart. The Good Shepherd dips the heart into the blood & it is clean. The Good Shepherd knows the sheep’s heart. The Good Shepherd doesn’t forget.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He wakes you up in the morning.
He feeds you.
He puts you to bed at night.
He heals you when you are sick.
He lets you meet his friends.
He cheers you up when you are sad.
He tells you stories
He makes promises to you
He teaches you
He lets you see himself
He dresses you
He washes you so you are clean
He keeps you warm when it's cold, & cool when it's hot
He carries you
He takes you places
He shows you all he's done

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God joins the 2. It's completely an act of God.

You can go to all the parties you want. You can follow all the 'self-improvement' guides you want. You can go on as many missions as Paul. You can work on yourself till the cows come home. You can teach Sunday School, lead Bible studies, serve in the church, try it the pagan way. It still may not be enough. It's the will of God. Even the pagans can't do it without him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It gets hard b/c passionate Christians tell me ‘it’s only about Jesus!’ - although they got married young themselves.
& then people who aren’t Christians or are lukewarm are like ‘it’s so easy to find someone!’

It’s hard to find people who understand

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It gets hard b/c passionate Christians tell me ‘it’s only about Jesus!’ - although they got married young themselves.
& then people who aren’t Christians or are lukewarm are like ‘it’s so easy to find someone!’

It’s hard to find people who understand
Everyone is different so you really can't compare your life to someone else's life.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Everyone is different so you really can't compare your life to someone else's life.
So I notice a problem. Some church congregations don’t seem passionate enough about God, it’s a Sunday morning thing & that’s about it, but then you have the other extreme where they’re very passionate about Jesus – but at the end of the day it's really not an extreme b/c they themselves still have goals & dreams aside from Jesus.

I think some of these congregations they borderline Gnosticism, Legalism, & Stoicsm. It’s not ‘only about’ Jesus. Clearly God has given us things to enjoy & life to enjoy. We enjoy it thru Jesus & give him the highest priority, but it’s impossible to give him only priority b/c God’s given us goals, dreams, desires, likes, etc. beyond that. No one lives with that kind of thinking w/out becoming Gnostic, Legalist, or Stoic

It's like you're not allowed to have problems 'because you have Jesus.'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I notice a problem. Some church congregations don’t seem passionate enough about God, it’s a Sunday morning thing & that’s about it, but then you have the other extreme where they’re very passionate about Jesus – but at the end of the day it's really not an extreme b/c they themselves still have goals & dreams aside from Jesus.

I don't know, I think some of these congregations they borderline Gnosticism, Legalism, & Stoicsm. It’s not ‘only about’ Jesus. Clearly God has given us things to enjoy & life to enjoy. We enjoy it thru Jesus & give him the highest priority, but it’s impossible to give him only priority b/c God’s given us goals, dreams, desires, likes, etc. beyond that. No one lives with that kind of thinking w/out becoming Gnostic, Legalist, or Stoic

It's like you're not allowed to have problems 'because you have Jesus.'
Just focus on your own life. Ignore what others say. Take the smart, practical steps to meet others and put yourself out there. It's not a waste of time or fruitless to attend parties , church events, etc where other singles are in attendance. That's how you meet new people and can potentially build connections. It's important to pray and trust God and then do your best to keep doors open.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just focus on your own life. Ignore what others say. Take the smart, practical steps to meet others and put yourself out there. It's not a waste of time or fruitless to attend parties , church events, etc where other singles are in attendance. That's how you meet new people and can potentially build connections. It's important to pray and trust God and then do your best to keep doors open.
Thank you. I was out late the night before w/ church friends & was grumpy when I was making those posts, but I am still down. It's just a reminder you can be as social & outgoing as possible & it still might not matter. When someone is single & doesn't want to be, don't assume it's not due to a lack of effort. It's completely an act of God. But thank you for being encouraging. I will keep trying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. I was out late the night before w/ church friends & was grumpy when I was making those posts, but I am still down. It's just a reminder you can be as social & outgoing as possible & it still might not matter. When someone is single & doesn't want to be, don't assume it's not due to a lack of effort. It's completely an act of God. But thank you for being encouraging. I will keep trying.
Oh, I don't think you aren't putting out effort to be social and meet others. I know you are involved with these church groups. I'm just encouraging you that the effort you are making to be social isn't pointless. Plus, if you are enjoying your time in these groups, that's also a good thing and something that adds to your life.

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus says not married is not for everyone. Not married is for those to whom it has been given.
3 different kinds: by choice, by others choice, by birth.

I wonder what 'others choice' means?

• Informative
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We s/b happy b/c we never know when we might meet the one. Not seeing anyone, you can live w/ the excitement you may meet one any time. It's a kind of excitement once you're seeing someone you lose.

(The problem is it's easy to get discouraged you're not meeting one so you don't live w/ that excitement, you get discouraged. I'm speaking general you)

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0