Visit site
✟293,922.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jesus in Ezekiel 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.

When Jesus returns, He will bring every single Jew back to the land of Israel.

The Jews (Judaism) call this event (although they don't believe it will be Jesus who does it) "the final redemption". Not what you and I would call redemption, because we think in terms of soul and body, being Christians; and are from all nations of the world don't have the same desire.
You display a complete failure to read and understand Bible prophecy.
NEVER is it said that every Jew will return to the holy Land. They will be Judged and punished and only a remnant will survive. There are 20+ prophesies to prove this.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.. I agree with some.. was going to post...but.. forgive me.. in one of your reply's to someone you let him know the TRUTH. That TRUTH is.... your right and if someone disagrees they are wrong. There are SOME things my brother.. you can SAY is TRUE but you can not find ANYTHING in the word to support you personal view. Your not right... you just BELIEVE your right.. in some parts.. how does one talk to a wall? Why post then?

So..it is to be kind.. to show respect.. as in "what I personally believe is". So I am guessing you are just making some kind of statement.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,922.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.. I agree with some.. was going to post...but.. forgive me.. in one of your reply's to someone you let him know the TRUTH. That TRUTH is.... your right and if someone disagrees they are wrong. There are SOME things my brother.. you can SAY is TRUE but you can not find ANYTHING in the word to support you personal view. Your not right... you just BELIEVE your right.. in some parts.. how does one talk to a wall? Why post then?

So..it is to be kind.. to show respect.. as in "what I personally believe is". So I am guessing you are just making some kind of statement.
It isn't me that has the truth, it is the Bible Prophets.
What they wrote is what I promote. Believe it or not, your choice.
You say I can't find anything to support my views. I demand proof, you cannot make an accusation like this without showing where I have posted error.
My whole aim and object is to promote what the Prophets wrote, you can get the entire Biblical end times story at; logostelos.info

Respect? Why should anyone respect someone whose beliefs are confused and in gross error, yet promoting their views as truth?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You display a complete failure to read and understand Bible prophecy.
NEVER is it said that every Jew will return to the holy Land. They will be Judged and punished and only a remnant will survive. There are 20+ prophesies to prove this.
When Jesus returns to planet earth, every Jew in the nations at that time will be brought back to Israel.

Jesus in Ezekiel 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus returns to planet earth, every Jew in the nations at that time will be brought back to Israel.

Does that include those whose mother's are of Jewish heritage, but do not know it?

Was Israel restored to the land after Ezekiel 39 was written?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Does that include those whose mother's are of Jewish heritage, but do not know it?

Was Israel restored to the land after Ezekiel 39 was written?
Yes, to the first question, but not as you framed your question. "Jewish heritage" is the wrong terminology. Should be those whose mother's are Jews, but do not know it.

Second question, I don't know what you mean. "fully restored" ? "partially restored"? Ezekiel 39:21-29, is fully restored.... "will be", not "was".

Obviously, from Acts 1:6-7, Israel was not fully restored as a united nation, one kingdom, in the first century.

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obviously, from Acts 1:6-7, Israel was not fully restored as a united nation, one kingdom, in the first century.

On the Day of Pentecost thousands of Jews from all parts of the known world of that time were addressed by Peter as "all the house of Israel".

On that day about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

The restoration is found below.

Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
On the Day of Pentecost thousands of Jews from all parts of the known world of that time were addressed by Peter as "all the house of Israel".

On that day about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34.

The restoration is found below.

Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

In Hebrews 11, the subject matter is faith. And Paul used Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Sarah, as examples.

It is just saying that Abraham, and others of similar faith, were looking for the kingdom of God, which is not of this world but heaven. But will be brought to this earth, when Jesus returns, and in the days of the ten kings, and become the ruling kingdom here on earth.

It is not talking about the restoration of Israel. That is a different subject matter from what Hebrews 11 is talking about.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,922.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Firstly you ignore plain New Testament teachings that we Christians are the Israel of God, His Overcomers; true Israelites.

Secondly, you make out the Jews to be the only Israel. This idea is patently wrong and simple does not fit the facts.

Thirdly; Who is it that the Lord will pour His Spirit upon?
Joel 2:28-29 and Acts 2:17 do say; All mankind, but then go on to say: upon your sons and daughters, etc.
So it will be only those who have become Christian now, born again in Jesus, that will receive the holy Spirit. Jew and Gentile.
Those who refuse the Salvation offered by Jesus, Jew and Gentile, do not receive it. Why should they?
Remember God allowed all the Israelites except 3 to die in the desert, why should He save those who call themselves Jews today?

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, to the first question, but not as you framed your question. "Jewish heritage" is the wrong terminology. Should be those whose mother's are Jews, but do not know it.

Where in Scripture do you see Jewish lineage based on "those whose mothers are Jews"?

The following are exclusively patrilineal.

Acts 3:25
Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Acts 7:5
And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.

Acts 13:23
Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Romans 1:3
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Romans 4:18
Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.

Galatians 3:16
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

2 Timothy 2:8
Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Hebrews 2:16
For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where in Scripture do you see Jewish lineage based on "those whose mothers are Jews"?

The following are exclusively patrilineal.

Jesus was a Jew because his mother Mary was a Jew. Jesus did not have a human father.

Paul was a Jew because his mother was a Jew. His tribal affiliation(an Israelite) was by his father. Paul was not of the tribe of Judah.

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Act 22:3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

It goes back to the day of Nehemiah and Ezra, coming back from the Babylonian captiviity, when who is a Jew became more well defined. The caretakers has married into non-Israelite (12 tribe) peoples. Which is the same big no-no that Solomon did that resulted in idolatry being wide spread in the land of Israel.

So the caretakers shamed , agreed to send away their foreign wives and children by them, because they were not of the twelve tribes. The children were not considered Jews although their fathers were. So it is not patrilineal.

You can do a word search on Jew in the KVJ bible and see that what comes up is the first mention is in
2Kings 16:6 JEW IN THE BIBLE

Which from reading from those verses, fore and aft, it appears that the term Jew was for the inhabitants from the twelve tribes who were living in Jerusalem. And if you scroll down on that search page, you get a whole lot of Ezra and Nehemiah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was a Jew because his mother Mary was a Jew. Jesus did not have a human father.

Paul was a Jew because his mother was a Jew. His tribal affiliation(an Israelite) was by his father. Paul was not of the tribe of Judah.

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Act 22:3 I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.

It goes back to the day of Nehemiah and Ezra, coming back from the Babylonian captiviity, when who is a Jew became more well defined. The caretakers has married into non-Israelite (12 tribe) peoples. Which is the same big no-no that Solomon did that resulted in idolatry being wide spread in the land of Israel.

So the caretakers shamed , agreed to send away their foreign wives and children by them, because they were not of the twelve tribes. The children were not considered Jews although their fathers were. So it is not patrilineal.

You can do a word search on Jew in the KVJ bible and see that what comes up is the first mention is in
2Kings 16:6 JEW IN THE BIBLE

Which from reading from those verses, fore and aft, it appears that the term Jew was for the inhabitants from the twelve tribes who were living in Jerusalem. And if you scroll down on that search page, you get a whole lot of Ezra and Nehemiah.

You've confirmed the point.

There is not a single Scripture where Jewishness is explicitly expressed or confirmed matrilineally.

But whether matrilineal or patrilineal, that issue is moot, because the issue is what are God's covenant critera of identification.

Those are unambiguous.

Faith and obedience, and nothing else.

Spiritual DNA.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not talking about the restoration of Israel. That is a different subject matter from what Hebrews 11 is talking about.

You are correct.

Why is the author of the Book of Hebrews not talking about the restoration of the modern State of Israel?

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.

Gal 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

The answer is found above and in 1 John 2:22-23.

The Baal worshipers are not the Israel of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1. Romans 4 totally crushes the idea that Abraham's seed are only Jews.

2. Romans 9 crushes the idea that "all Israel" are Jews.

3. The eschaton has nothing to do with the land of Israel. Jesus clearly states what His return is all about in John 14:1-6.

4. In Hebrews 9:11-28 makes it really clear why Jesus is returning. This is the New Covenant...which has nothing to do with the land of Israel...but with people of every nation, kindred, and tongue who come to Christ.

Nonetheless this debate will continue...so carry on.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why is the author of the Book of Hebrews not talking about the restoration of the modern State of Israel?
Because the author is talking about going to heaven when Christians die, which is rest from the life in this world, And the importance of faith, in holding to that promise. So he gave Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Sarah as examples in Hebrews 11, of having faith.

You have to go back to Hebrews 4, as he works up to Hebrews 11. In these verses, he is talking about Jesus's rest, and the promise of believers entering the same.

1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

The author, who I assume to be Paul,in verse 2, is saying the gospel was preached to the Jews, but (in Hebrews 3) like that first generation coming out of Egypt, did not have faith (because they feared the giants in the land) that God would make it happen anyway, they did not enter the promised land. Which he is using entry in the promised land as an analogy. So the Jews by rejecting the gospel, don't get the reward of the gospel of Salvation because they didn't believe it.

So Paul is going through on the importance of having faith and keeping faith to reach the end results of our Salvation. That's what Hebrews is about - our Salvation, keeping the faith, to enter heaven, and to inherit the Kingdom of God.

Paul made the same comment as Peter and John (in Revelation) essentially, that this world and everything in it will be destroyed, and of a new heaven and new earth forthcoming.

Hebrews 1:
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, [same as in Revelation 6, sixth seal] and they shall be changed [Revelation 21]: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

So Hebrews 11 is not about the restoration of Israel. But is part of the overall message of Hebrews to keep the faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Hebrews 11 is not about the restoration of Israel. But is part of the overall message of Hebrews to keep the faith.

There can be no "restoration of Israel" without the overall message of Hebrews to keep the faith.

You cannot separate the two, based on 1 John 2:22-23.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There can be no "restoration of Israel" without the overall message of Hebrews to keep the faith.
If you are talking about the complete restoration of Israel, I agree. The Jews will have to come to belief in Jesus.

The book of Hebrews is a message to Christians. Keep the faith.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,922.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you are talking about the complete restoration of Israel, I agree. The Jews will have to come to belief in Jesus.

The book of Hebrews is a message to Christians. Keep the faith.

So where in the Bible does it say all the Jews will come to Jesus? in Zechariah 12:11-14 it mentions a few families and Isaiah 6:11-13 and Romans 9:27 make it clear that just a few; only a remnant will finally be saved. So your contention of a 'complete restoration' is false and will never happen.
Along with your ludicrous 'rapture' beliefs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So where in the Bible does it say all the Jews will come to Jesus? in Zechariah 12:11-14 it mentions a few families and Isaiah 6:1-13 and Romans 9:27 make it clear that just a few; only a remnant will finally be saved. So your contention of a 'complete restoration' is false and will never happen.
Along with your ludicrous 'rapture' beliefs.
Are you talking about all Jews of all times? Or all Jews, alive and here on earth on the day that Jesus sets foot on planet earth again?

I am talking about the latter.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,922.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Are you talking about all Jews of all times? Or all Jews, alive and here on earth on the day that Jesus sets foot on planet earth again?

I am talking about the latter.
I refer to those Jewish people alive today.
They face Judgement/punishment very soon and only a remnant will survive. Jeremiah 12:14, Isaiah 22:14, Amos 2:4-5, Romans 9:27, +
That remnant will join with their Christian brethren and we will all greet Jesus with the shout: Blessed is He that comes in the Name of the Lord!

Upvote 0