Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm pretty sure it's not up to you what my friends believe.
It IS what the Koran teaches.
When he was out of power in Mecca, Mohammed wrote of peace, love and tolerance. Many, probably most Muslims adhere to this peaceful teaching. When he went to Medina he became a powerful warlord, at which point he taught subjugation or death to infidels, conversion by the sword and hatred of Christians and Jews. Islam is actually two made up religions rolled into one. However, you can't deny the violent and intolerant teaching without rejecting half of the religion.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It IS what the Koran teaches.
The Bible has a lot of terrible teachings and messages in it, too. But rest assured, I don't think you're evil.

I'm not worried about what an old book says. I'm worried about what real people believe.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Last time I checked, Islam is not a person. No one person gets to decide how they all feel about terrorism. Plenty of Muslims have renounced terrorism publicly, and I fail to see what threat they pose to our country.

But how else are you going to justify anri-Muslim bigotry unless you demand that each and every one of them personally renounce every single bad act ever committed?

While you're at it, demand they beg forgiveness...

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
But how else are you going to justify anri-Muslim bigotry unless you demand that each and every one of them personally renounce every single bad act ever committed?

While you're at it, demand they beg forgiveness...
Yeah, I guess I should be terrified of the white people in that other thread who refuse to apologize for slavery. ^_^

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Invite them to move in with your family.

I wouldn't want you moving in with my family... is that all it takes to kick you out of the country?

Islam teaches hatred and intolerance. They murder homosexuals and those they consider infidels.

Just for the record, are you against that, or jealous?

We should not endanger ourselves by bringing their madness here. Let them remain in the Middle East.

Goodness knows we have enough ho.e-grown madness to go around.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I guess I should be terrified of the white people in that other thread who refuse to apologize for slavery. ^_^
I think any slaveholder should apologize for his injustice. I think the slaves who were freed should offer thanks to those who freed them. Since neither are currently alive, why is the issue?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think any slaveholder should apologize for his injustice. I think the slaves who were freed should offer thanks to those who freed them. Since neither are currently alive, why is the issue?

But you agree that people who don't own slaves, and who never owned slaves, should not apologize.

Why then does that spirit not extend the the billion Muslims who have not, have never, nor would ever commit a terrorist act?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Even if it is constitutional, that doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Too true -- but our would-be "leaders" abandoned what should be done for what they could get away with doing a long time ago...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Picky Picky

Old – but wise?
Apr 26, 2012
✟11,050.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
For those supporting Trump's idea, I'm curious: HOW exactly is this supposed to work?

Ignoring the legality for a moment, how do we keep people of a certain religion from coming into our country?
I presume white Muslims would have no problem getting in unless everyone's luggage is searched for copies of the Koran. So I suppose it starts by removing to a back room anyone whose wife is dressed a certain way, or who appears to be Middle Eastern or Subcontinental in appearance, and questioning them for hours until you are convinced one way or the other. Or perhaps you could think up some particularly obnoxious test, like trying to make them say something blasphemous. Good way to make friends, I'd say.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Or perhaps you could think up some particularly obnoxious test, like trying to make them say something blasphemous. Good way to make friends, I'd say.

I think you've hit upon the heart of the Trump Doctrine... make America so obnoxious that nobody wants to immigrate here...

Reactions: chandraclaws
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
For those supporting Trump's idea, I'm curious: HOW exactly is this supposed to work?

Ignoring the legality for a moment, how do we keep people of a certain religion from coming into our country?
Well you ask them of course!

"Excuse me sir, are you a Muslim?"

"No, I am not."

"Okay thank you, come on in!"

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Why then does that spirit not extend the the billion Muslims who have not, have never, nor would ever commit a terrorist act?

Terrorist or not, why would we want them coming into our country anyway?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Terrorist or not, why would we want them coming into our country anyway?
Because, for like... over two centuries... accepting immigrants from all over the world has kinda been our thing.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Jeb Bush thinks he has the answer...he just won't say what it is.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Because, for like... over two centuries... accepting immigrants from all over the world has kinda been our thing.

Not all over the world. In fact, until 1965 the we were actually pretty particular about what countries we accepted immigration from.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not all over the world. In fact, until 1965 the we were actually pretty particular about what countries we accepted immigration from.
Countries yes but never religion. The freedom to follow any religion is most certainly a founding principle of this country and I just want you to be well aware of the dangerous precedent that you are setting by banning members of a religion. Look at how far American society has gotten from the Christian majority that used to rule this country not too long ago. How long will it be before Christians are banned for their beliefs?

Upvote 0