Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
25th amendment is out there if it comes to that.

The military is not going to be the lead in that effort.

The ethic in the American military against mutiny is extremely strong. They are very deeply indoctrinated against it. Generals will resign or retire first (and that ought to be a signal, as when all the generals of the "class of Vietnam" retired prior to the invasion of Iraq).

They are aware that "military coup" is like virginity lost. Even if civilian control is later regained, when generals have done it once, everyone is aware they might do it again.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
25th amendment is out there if it comes to that.

I think that's a direct quote from the new DNC byline

Did the line in the sand work well The chubby dictator hey sure step back.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ah, so if one sees a dictator making threats, then you think it is a good thing to tell that dictator if he does not stop making threats, you will nuke his country with fire and fury worse than the bombs at Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

If the "chubby dictator" makes another threat, do you recommend we nuke North Korea?

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sure that's the point.

If the line is vague, Trump can say North Korea hasn't crossed it.

In reality, Trump isn't going to unleash any 'fire and fury' unless N. Korea does something stupid like a direct act of aggression, something any of his predecessors would've attacked over. To me, it just comes off as an attempt to sound tough, without actually doing anything different. He's just organ-grinding.
Ah, so in a thread designed to say that Trump will stand by his threats, we learn we are all supposed to take heart that Trump doesn't actually mean it when he makes threats. He will not nuke North Korea as he said he would if Jung-On keeps on threatening.

Strange country this is, when we all our told to relax, the President doesn't actually mean it when he makes nuclear threats. That is supposed to make me sleep better?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah, so if one sees a dictator making threats, then you think it is a good thing to tell that dictator if he does not stop making threats, you will nuke his country with fire and fury worse than the bombs at Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

If the "chubby dictator" makes another threat, do you recommend we nuke North Korea?

Is he silent or still threatening? Did he stand down or were the rockets fired towards Guam?

Did it work?

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think that's a direct quote from the new DNC byline

Did the line in the sand work well The chubby dictator hey sure step back.

Trump make threat and draw line in sand. Kim Jong Un laugh and cross line. Trump make threat and draw line in sand. Kim Jong Un laugh and cross line. Trump make threat and draw line in sand. Kim Jong Un laugh and cross line.

Everyone in world knows is empty threat. I watch RISK game with children and see better plans.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is he silent or still threatening? Did he stand down or were the rockets fired towards Guam?

Did it work?

Not work. Trump draw line Kim cross line. Trump draw line Kim cross line.

We lucky Kim Jong Un been more stable and mature of two leaders. Not want to keep hoping stay true. Need real plan. Not line in sand. That something from child RISK game.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He jumped the line by withdrawing?
Trump say "Make threat and Fire and Fury". Kim Jong Un make threat, no fire and fury. Trump say "Make threat and Fire and Fury". Kim Jong Un make threat, no fire and fury.

Everyone in world see empty threat. Kim Jong Un behaves more stable and mature of two and not attack. Is dangerous hope that stay true.

Line in sand is from RISK children game. Is first strategy everyone learn. Children which play RISK learn better strategy quick or never win.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can try to spin that any way you want but the situation is that he stood down and did not follow through with his threat so Trumps line in the sand was successful.

That is plain as day. And everyone in the world can see that.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You can try to spin that any way you want but the situation is that he stood down and did not follow through with his threat so Trumps line in the sand was successful.

Think you not understand how world works. Never doubt that NK get bombed if send bombs. Nobody in world ever think if NK send bombs USA president do nothing. Not Bush not Obama not Reagan not Clinton not Carter. Is ridiculous.

Trump said "Make Threats then will see Fire and Fury". Kim Jong Un make threats and nothing happen. Never have played RISK? Is fun game that teach strategy. You try. Line in Sand is very beginner strategy. See often when children play.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump's Line in the Sand drawn in Korea

Vote now
As I recall North Korea has already stepped over it. Trump likes shooting his mouth off, he was trying to intimidate North Korea while the sanctions start to work their slow poison. This is a marathon not a sprint, Trump was just trying to stress them out. I kind of like his strategy but it's not without it's hazards or consequences.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,566.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Actually, ROK president Moon did the backing down.

• Agree
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And so we conclude Trump's line in the sand was not successful.

After Trump's line in the sand, North Korea launched a missile over Japan for the first time: A look at North Korean missile tests that crossed over Japan

After Trump's line in the sand, North Korea detonated it's most powerful test nuke: North Korea tests most powerful nuclear bomb yet - CNN

After Trump's line in the sand North Korea continued to make threats: North Korea Threat Comes After Trump Vows ‘Fire and Fury’

I think we can all agree that Trump's line in the sand was not successful, yes? Those who voted that it would be successful were wrong, yes?

Upvote 0