Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh no, not just regular cities.... We're talking about a "quantum leap" in the American standard of living.

"the creation of “hives of industry” sparked by cutting off imports from China; and a population surge sparked by “baby bonuses” to encourage would-be-parents to get on with procreation. It is all, his team says, part of a larger nationwide beautification campaign meant to inspire forward-looking visions of America’s future."
This is the same guy who complained about efforts to repeal zoning laws that prevent densification. This is the same party who obstructs mass transit projects virtually every chance they get. No baby bonus is going to be enough to cover the $20k+/yr that daycare costs, nor will it add any of the workplace flexibility that Democrats have been trying to institute (and Republicans trying to obstruct) for years. Nor will it add population faster than relaxed immigration rules would.

There are already ways to address these issues without putting our faith in another Trump scam that’s “heavy on imagery and light on details.”

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems like a showdown between stability and chaos.

Yeah, I know that's what you believe.

Unfortunately for you and the Democrats, Biden is a wildly unpopular candidate, even more unpopular than Trump was at this point in his presidency. In fact, you have to go all the way back to the 1940s and Harry Truman to find a more unpopular president at this point. Additionally, 3/4 of the country believes that he is not mentally and physically fit for another term, including HALF of his own party.

That's the reality for Democrats.

On the flip side, the Republicans have inexplicably hitched their wagon to Trump. Yikes.

In my opinion, we have two very bad choices. A showdown between two doddering old men.

• Wow
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know. on one hand, we have an elderly statesman with decades of solid experience while on the other one, we have a sexual assaulter of women (he bragged about it on a hot mic, then 28 women confirmed his brag), serial bankrupter (six separate times!), an insurrectionist who flouts laws and mores throughout his careers.

It seems like a showdown between stability and chaos.
And I don't think we fully realize that our choices are based more on our emotions than our logic.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Yeah, I know that's what you believe.

Unfortunately for you and the Democrats, Biden is a wildly unpopular candidate, even more unpopular than Trump was at this point in his presidency. In fact, you have to go all the way back to the 1940s and Harry Truman to find a more unpopular president at this point. Additionally, 3/4 of the country believes that he is not mentally and physically fit for another term, including HALF of his own party.

That's the reality for Democrats.

On the flip side, the Republicans have inexplicably hitched their wagon to Trump. Yikes.

In my opinion, we have two very bad choices. A showdown between two doddering old men.

Just a reminder for everyone on how badly that went for Truman
IMG_3288.png

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....On the flip side, the Republicans have inexplicably hitched their wagon to Trump. Yikes.....
I find it very explicable. The R primary-voting base really want him specifically.

Its the Biden choice I dont really get. He's done a perfectly ok ish job as pres. But.... isnt there anyone more engaging? I guess they dont want to squander the typical incumbent advantage.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I find it very explicable. The R primary-voting base really want him specifically.

Its the Biden choice I dont really get. He's done a perfectly ok ish job as pres. But.... isnt there anyone more engaging? I guess they dont want to squander the typical incumbent advantage.
The incumbent advantage is a big one, and contentious primaries tend to be damaging to the ultimate winners, so it behooves everybody on the Democrat side to protect their slim margins and rally behind somebody early.

But also, no, there aren’t any great alternatives with enough name recognition to win.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No baby bonus is going to be enough to cover the $20k+/yr that daycare costs
Tax write-offs for businesses that open day-care centers for employees would be a much more effective use of tax dollars, IMO.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh no, not just regular cities.... We're talking about a "quantum leap" in the American standard of living.
You realize a quantum leap is so small it's subatomic, right?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes. The Trump administration colluded with Russia. They even confessed to it and received prison sentences.
Today's winner. Trump, of course, pardoned those who were in a position to give evidence of his role in the collusion.

• Agree
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You realize a quantum leap is so small it's subatomic, right?
This is true, but it's kinda become a phrase that means "sudden jump without a gradual change." A little overused, I think, but a valid use of the term in informal discussion.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Whereas Trump appears robust.

On which planet?
Actually, not a planet, but a space station...

iu

I suppose we could settle this by having a bicycle race or a walking competition, but Trump would probably want to use a golf cart instead. More stable and less tiring, you know.

President Trump chose to ride in a golf cart while his foreign counterparts took a walk through Taormina, Sicily, on Saturday during the Group of Seven summit.

The Times of London reported the six other world leaders — from Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan — walked 700 yards to take a group photo at a piazza in a hilltop town. The U.S. leader decided to wait until he could get a golf cart.

Trump was late for the photo, but joined the other world leaders during the walk down from the piazza.

A major embarrassment for the U.S., but I get Trump's dilemma. It's not just Trump's mental facilities that are failing. But in older people, inactivity is a risk factor for dementia, as the difference between Biden and Trump demonstrate. He needs to get off his cart, stop gobbling fast food, and get some exercise. It's taking him down. Which would have been his own business, if he hadn't been president, and wants to be again.

It's just worn him down to the point that he can't tell his wife from one of his sexual assault victims.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.