Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You do realize gender programs are women’s rights programs, right?
In Pakistan, which ranks second lowest of any country in the world for women’s rights, the programs are specifically to improve women’s access to economic opportunities, increase girls’ access to education, improve maternal and child health, combat gender-based violence, and increase women’s political and civic participation.

This isn’t money for sex changes.

It's not the US Taxpayers responsibility.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Fine, it's all Trumps fault... Maybe he is all over Pakistani gender issues, I don't know. My point is that during this "crisis" our politicians can't stop playing politics even for a moment. They see this as a opportunity to get their pet projects through, without regard to how it affects us or what is good for people who are hurting right now.
The issue here is that Trump asked for certain things--$600 checks for COVID relief, foreign aid to various countries--then he changed his mind. He could have worked with Congress all along but he didn't.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The issue here is that Trump asked for certain things--$600 checks for COVID relief, foreign aid to various countries--then he changed his mind. He could have worked with Congress all along but he didn't.

That's not the issue I was addressing. My issues is simple, politicians (Trump included, but not exclusively) are using this emergency to advance their political ambitions without regard to the immediate needs of the American people.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's not the issue I was addressing. My issues is simple, politicians (Trump included, but not exclusively) are using this emergency to advance their political ambitions without regard to the immediate needs of the American people.
And I am not disagreeing with you. My point is that isn't why Trump isn't signing the bill. He's objecting to money he requested being in the bill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
So he changed his mind. Hes entitled.
I agree. But the current bill is probably all the Republicans are willing to do. Even with Trump asking for more. I’m afraid he needs to sign it.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So he changed his mind. Hes entitled.
He should have worked with Congress as this was being put together. He didn’t. Congress gave him what he asked for while he was out playing golf.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL that is absolutely hilarious.... Please... find me anything on Trump, Biden and the politics in the US that is from an "unbiased" source..
LOL right back at you. Do you honestly think that anything from The Senate Majority Leader’s office is ever going to be unbiased. Get real. You made the claim. Find something from a reputable news source to support it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes and as president it is his job to make a final review and approve or reject the work of the lawmakers. He did his job, what is the complaint?
Can you really not see the issue here? Trump had his chance to give final approval, and he did. Now he is going back on his word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Been a while since someone asked and I gave it, so to save you the trouble of having to scroll through the thread by yourself for the other times this has been asked and answered, here ya go friend.
Knock yourself out.
Take all the time you need.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/budget_fy21.pdf

https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/FY-2021-CBJ-Final.pdf
This is the most comical, and tragic thread I've read in a while. Its Shakespearean.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trump would be foolish to give these "breadcrumbs" as Covid-19 releif. Pelosi said that 1200 was bread crumbs... now she's got 5000 pages and all the people who are paying taxes would get.. is 600.

It's all politics.. the people don't matter. They are pawns in a political chess match.
You should really read up on the subject, i think you're misinformed. This is the omnibus spending bill that also included COVID relief. The $600 is all the republicans would agree to - Pelosi compromised.

• Agree
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,694.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I agree. But the current bill is probably all the Republicans are willing to do. Even with Trump asking for more. I’m afraid he needs to sign it.

I don't think he does. And not because of anything Trump did it didn't do. This bill is stupid. It's full of crap that needs to go. If your going to help the people then help the people and cut the nonsense. It's no wonder we need to increase taxes. It's because if junk like this.

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think he does. And not because of anything Trump did it didn't do. This bill is stupid. It's full of crap that needs to go. If your going to help the people then help the people and cut the nonsense. It's no wonder we need to increase taxes. It's because if junk like this.

At least this time attention is being drawn to the non essential pork this administration has been putting in every budget request for the last 4 years...and they’ve all passed without public fanfare until this year’s.

But, people are waking up to the waste of tax dollars the Trump administration has been engaging in, with the help of a complicit Congress, the whole time.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0