Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Transition Highlights: Trump’s Fierce Criticism of Stimulus Bill Leaves Republicans Torn
The democrats are gonna put up a bill giving everything trump said and if the republicans block it they everything falls on the republicans. So I say thank you to our outgoing president
I truly doubt that the Dems are going to remove the pork that Trump has objected to in the bill. And if they do why would the Reps not sign it? No need to be concerned about that since the swamps rats of both parties have to please the organizations and corporations that put up the money that they enjoy having.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I truly doubt that the Dems are going to remove the pork that Trump has objected to in the bill.

Here’s a list of those objections to the final Bill, compared to what he asked for in the negotiations:

upload_2020-12-23_23-26-32.png

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here’s a list of those objections to the final Bill, compared to what he asked for in the negotiations:

View attachment 291599
show me this budget proposal you are using. I have serious doubts that Trump had anything to do with those proposals.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
show me this budget proposal you are using. I have serious doubts that Trump had anything to do with those proposals.
Whether he was aware of them or not, they came from his administration. Remember, the sign of President Truman's desk said "The Buck Stops Here."

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whether he was aware of them or not, they came from his administration. Remember, the sign of President Truman's desk said "The Buck Stops Here."
and it looks like Trump is stopping that buck before it gets spent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And now he has reviewed it and he feels it is not something that he can approve.
Maybe he should have reviewed it before Congress spent hours debating the bill. Think of what he is saying:

Trump Administration: Here is what we want in the bill.

Congress: OK, we debated it and gave you what you wanted.

Trump: Well why is this stuff in here. Take it out!

Oh, and the $600 stimulus checks were in a plan submitted by the White House. Will the next Covid relief bill contain $600 or $1,200 stimulus checks? (cnbc.com)

• Agree
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I truly doubt that the Dems are going to remove the pork that Trump has objected to in the bill. And if they do why would the Reps not sign it? No need to be concerned about that since the swamps rats of both parties have to please the organizations and corporations that put up the money that they enjoy having.
Thank you for the bread crumbs swamp rats.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and it looks like Trump is stopping that buck before it gets spent.
So your position is that Donald Trump was wrong to ask, and actively argue, for these things to be in the bill?
Or are you claiming the President of the United States did not even know what was in his own budget proposal, the one he signed and submitted to Congress, before the final bill hit his desk?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And now he has reviewed it and he feels it is not something that he can approve.
He reviewed his own actions and feels now his own actions are not something he can approve?
Seems legit.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess It’s a good thing we have Donald Trump in office to keep the frivolous pork barrel spending habits of Donald Trump in check...

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess It’s a good thing we have Donald Trump in office to keep the frivolous pork barrel spending habits of Donald Trump in check...

I think we should consider ourselves most fortunate that we have less than a month left before he's shown the door at the White House. I don't know about you but I'm counting down the days. I'm sure there are plenty of people inside the White House who are also counting down the days to Jan. 20th.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That idea will take more than just the claim to make it believable. Do you have anything to offer?

@tulc provided a link to the actual budget proposal posted on the white house website in his post #8 in this thread.

Feel free to point out the discrepancies you see between Donald Trump's actual budget proposal posted at whitehouse.gov, and any claims about his proposed budget that have been made here.

Take all the time you need.

Upvote 0