Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This isn't a headline from the Onion, folks. This is what Donald actually said in an interview with The Daily Caller. Smdh.

In a new interview with The Daily Caller Wednesday, Trump pushed for strict voter ID laws, using as part of his argument the completely made-up fact that "if you buy a box of cereal — you have a voter ID." Trump had previously said in August that you need to show photo ID to buy groceries, and apparently nobody has bothered to correct him in the past three months.

Trump in this interview also tossed out a voter fraud conspiracy theory that's even weirder than usual: he contends that there are people who illegally vote by showing up to the polls, voting, and then switching into another outfit in the parking lot so they can get back in line and pretend to be somebody else like something out of an episode of The Simpsons. "Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again," Trump claimed without evidence, adding that it's "really a disgrace what's going on.”

This came after Trump baselessly declared that the only reason "Republicans don't win" is because of these "potentially illegal votes," although voter impersonation is actually extraordinarily rare. As Democrats continue to pick up seats in the House of Representatives, don't be surprised by the increasingly nonsensical voter fraud conspiracies, and surprisingly ridiculous misunderstandings of grocery store protocol, to come.

The ignorance of what he said is yet another head shaker.

Trump thinks you need to show ID to buy cereal

EDIT
Here is a screenshot of the interview from today with The Daily Caller that has Donald's quote:
daily caller.png

Last edited:

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,730,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Where did he say that in this interview? In fact, where’s the interview? It referenced a comment from August, but that’s not news anymore.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Where did he say that in this interview? In fact, where’s the interview? It referenced a comment from August, but that’s not news anymore.

Lol. The portion of the interview where he said this is in the OP. I edited to bold and put that part in larger font to help folks out. The link to the article was already right there in the OP. If you click that link, actually bother to read it, you'll see the direct link to the Daily Caller interview from today.

I'll include a screenshot from the Daily Caller of the quote, just to make things simpler for folks who don't want to take a few seconds to click or read before complaining.
daily caller.png

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You do however need ID to buy alcohol or be seated on an airplane or to get into the Democrat or Republican National Convention or to see a doctor etc, etc . But to vote? I suppose there is some convoluted way to make the dubious case that no one needs to and no one should be allowed to know if you're entitled to do that or not.

Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lol. The portion of the interview where he said this is in the OP. I edited to bold and put that part in larger font to help folks out. The link to the article was already right there in the OP. If you click that link, actually bother to read it, you'll see the direct link to the Daily Caller interview from today.

I'll include a screenshot from the Daily Caller of the quote, just to make things simpler for folks who don't want to take a few seconds to click or read before complaining. View attachment 245232

well ... could be .... if one paid by check, likely would have to show ID ... he could have used a better example to make his point ... I agree with the point that ID should be required to prove American citizenship. Current voting requirements are:
  • A United States citizen. (You must be a U.S. citizen at the time you register).
  • At least 18 years of age on or before the date of the next election.
  • Not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
In a certain way he is correct. If you go to the store and don't pay with cash, your box of cereal is paid with a check or credit card, many times the cashier will ask to see your license (photo ID).

I do appreciate when they do this as I don't sign my credit card in case it is stolen or lost which has happened to me more than once. Same thing with Checks so it's not as much of an idiotic statement as touted here.

Reactions: ItIsFinished!
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
well ... could be .... if one paid by check, likely would have to show ID ... he could have used a better example to make his point ... I agree with the point that ID should be required to prove American citizenship. Current voting requirements are:
  • A United States citizen. (You must be a U.S. citizen at the time you register).
We were replying at the same time. :)

In my state when I go to vote you need to:
1. Registered
2. Show ID when you enter which they check against their registered voters list

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Few folks nowadays pay for their groceries with check, but that's beside the point. Methods of payment are a choice. Nobody is forced to pay for their groceries with a check or a credit card so it's silly to say that you need an ID to pay for groceries.
Voting shouldn't be seen as a choice like deciding to pay for your cereal with a check or choosing to buy alcohol, it's a civic duty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We were replying at the same time. :)

In my state when I go to vote you need to:
1. Registered
2. Show ID when you enter which they check against their registered voters list

Yup ... here to and I'm glad of it.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, i bet Trump really thinks you need an ID to buy a box of cereal.
I really think he believes that to be true.......
:doh::doh::doh:

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: indeed since that's exactly what Trump said in an interview with a conservative source he favors.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Few folks nowadays pay for their groceries with check, but that's beside the point. Methods of payment are a choice. Nobody is forced to pay for their groceries with a check or a credit card so it's silly to say that you need an ID to pay for groceries.
Voting shouldn't be seen as a choice like deciding to pay for your cereal with a check or choosing to buy alcohol, it's a civic duty.

Yeah .... well ... Trumps "humor" is sometimes lacking.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah .... well ... Trumps "humor" is sometimes lacking.

Yeah.......well.....Trump's "humor" isn't the slightest bit funny, nor was it delivered in a humorous tone or context, but it's certainly lacking in common sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
And you think he meant it literally

On account of having read the actual context in which he said it, which made it clear that it was literal, not hyperbolic or said in jest. But yes, you're absolutely right to write the d'oh to infinity that this is what Donald actually said.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
And you think he meant it literally..........
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Great defense of another of Trump's lies. He didn't actually mean what he was saying in his interview.

He was speaking figuratively about cereal, as people do oh so often.

In other words, he was lying.

Upvote 0