Trump says he's been taking hydroxychloroquine

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Those Malaria patients are still taking an unproven drug? Poor people!

Good thing they don't have COVID-19 as well. Some folks have no luck at all.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good thing they don't have COVID-19 as well. Some folks have no luck at all.

That's how attention was drawn to that drug. Areas of the world where Malaria is an issue and the drug for it was being taken, Coronavirus cases were almost nonexistent.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"In various studies, the drug has demonstrated antiviral activity, an ability to modify the activity of the immune system, and has an established safety profile at appropriate doses, leading to the hypothesis that it may also be useful in the treatment of COVID-19. The drug is not without risks as even short term use can cause cardiac arrythmias, seizures, dermatological reactions, and hypoglycemia."
NIH clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine, a potential therapy for COVID-19, begins

"Doctors in China who administered chloroquine to patients with COVID-19 noted that those patients were more likely to have shorter hospital stays and improved outcomes. French investigators found that patients with COVID-19 who were treated with a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin were virologically cured after 6 days."
https://www.mdlinx.com/article/covi...nger-patients-hit-hard/2WLKZnMNK2lgT6dr2WFvPA
I don't see anything about prevention in those articles.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's how attention was drawn to that drug. Areas of the world where Malaria is an issue and the drug for it was being taken, Coronavirus cases were almost nonexistent.

And you know for a fact that hydroxychloroquine is the reason for that.

By all means, share your research.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Two of my friends who listened to Trump commanding churches to reopen on Friday he sounded Breathless and had a higher voice and that he left the stage after a few minutes, leaving his press secretary to answer the questions. They thought he might have the virus since I didn't hear him I couldn't Venture a judgement. If he does have the virus he will try to keep it secret

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If he does have the virus he will try to keep it secret

If he's got the virus he's going to stay off the airwaves for a while.

He and the country can recuperate together.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It most be pointed out that .... given his relationship with truth... that the President isn’t taking the drug.... just sayin’

Actually, it reminds me of something a friend said: Donald heard the drug stops "Malaria," and mistook it for his wife's name...

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Two of my friends who listened to Trump commanding churches to reopen on Friday he sounded Breathless and had a higher voice and that he left the stage after a few minutes, leaving his press secretary to answer the questions. They thought he might have the virus since I didn't hear him I couldn't Venture a judgement. If he does have the virus he will try to keep it secret

He didn't command churches to open. He simply told the governors to allow them to, and said he would override them if they didn't.
First Amendment doesn't allow government to prohibit people from peaceably assembling in church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He didn't command churches to open. He simply told the governors to allow them to, and said he would override them if they didn't.

...which he doesn't have the authority to do.

First Amendment doesn't allow government to prohibit people from peaceably assembling in church.

it can shut down any and all non-essential services during a declared national emergency.

You'd think God of all people could arrange home delivery?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
it can shut down any and all non-essential services during a declared national emergency.

And just what do you believe to be "nonessential"? How many of the rights protected under the Constitution, which has been protected and fought for by the men and women we celebrate on this Memorial Day, are so nonessential that they can be done away with indefinately when a national emergency is declared?

You'd think God of all people could arrange home delivery?

A question that clearly illustrates how little your side cares about freedom being infringed upon when it's not their own.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Constitution doesn't allow him that; he still doesn't know his place.

• Agree
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And just what do you believe to be "nonessential"?

Anything not essential for day-to-day survival. Now, I will agree that there have been some rather silly distinctions made regarding what is or isn't "essential," but from personal experience, I've lived without church for decades...

How many of the rights protected under the Constitution, which has been protected and fought for by the men and women we celebrate on this Memorial Day, are so nonessential that they can be done away with indefinately when a national emergency is declared?

I wasn't aware the right to make people sick was Constitutional... although given the current presidency, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

A question that clearly illustrates how little your side cares about freedom being infringed upon when it's not their own.

Hey, my religious freedom is infringed upon every day!

As I consider the human body to be God's most glorious creation -- made in His image, no less -- I consider it a sin to conceal it with clothing.

Alas, I can only exercise my religious freedom at home (or at Gunnison Beach, but the weather's still a bit chilly for that). Whom do I sue?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Anything not essential for day-to-day survival. Now, I will agree that there have been some rather silly distinctions made regarding what is or isn't "essential," but from personal experience, I've lived without church for decades...

According to your logic, our "New Normal" constitution could say something to the effect of, "From each according to his ability (as long as he's essential), to each according to his needs". Leave out all that garbage about life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

I wasn't aware the right to make people sick was Constitutional... although given the current presidency, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I hope that's not what you'd consider to be your best talking point to defend your position.

Hey, my religious freedom is infringed upon every day!

As I consider the human body to be God's most glorious creation -- made in His image, no less -- I consider it a sin to conceal it with clothing.

Alas, I can only exercise my religious freedom at home (or at Gunnison Beach, but the weather's still a bit chilly for that). Whom do I sue?

If you're interested in exercising your "religious right" in the middle of NY City, I wish you well in your practice.

Upvote 0