Los Angeles Area
✟830,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
President Trump on Monday revealed he's taking hydroxychloroquine, a controversial drug that he's championed as a potential treatment for coronavirus despite limited evidence from the medical community.

The president said he consulted with the White House doctor about taking the drug, but it was not explicitly recommended for him since he has not tested positive for the virus.

"I asked him what do you think," Trump said. "He said, 'Well if you’d like it.' I said, 'Yeah, I’d like it. I’d like to take it.'"

He said he's been taking the drug for about a week-and-a-half along with a zinc supplement, adding he based his decision on positive reviews he's heard from frontline health care workers who have had good results treating patients with it.

"Here’s my evidence: I get a lot of positive calls about it," Trump said.

"So far, I seem to be OK," he added.

The Food and Drug Administration issued a warning last month that hydroxychloroquine should not be taken outside a hospital or clinical trial because of the risk of severe heart problems.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
President Trump on Monday revealed he's taking hydroxychloroquine, a controversial drug that he's championed as a potential treatment for coronavirus despite limited evidence from the medical community.

The president said he consulted with the White House doctor about taking the drug, but it was not explicitly recommended for him since he has not tested positive for the virus.

"I asked him what do you think," Trump said. "He said, 'Well if you’d like it.' I said, 'Yeah, I’d like it. I’d like to take it.'"

He said he's been taking the drug for about a week-and-a-half along with a zinc supplement, adding he based his decision on positive reviews he's heard from frontline health care workers who have had good results treating patients with it.

"So far, I seem to be OK," he added.

The Food and Drug Administration issued a warning last month that hydroxychloroquine should not be taken outside a hospital or clinical trial because of the risk of severe heart problems.

How big is the risk of severe heart problems?

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟312,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, he'll probably be fine ...
It depends on the amount he is taking. If he is lucky, it is the homeopathic version.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
How big is the risk of severe heart problems?
From what I understand with my 12 years of education is that HCQ prolongs the Q-T interval (on an EKG a “P”-wave is the firing in the A-V node, this begins the QRS complex that indicates the contraction of first the atria, then the ventricles, and finally, the T-wave which indicates that the ventricles have “repolarized”.
This elongation of the Q-T interval can lead to a serious heart arrhythmia know as ventricular tachycardia which can be life threatening.

But as I said, I’m only a high school graduate and THAT barely.

Attachments

• 488A9739-C931-421A-9809-6D617D990D6A.jpeg
    488A9739-C931-421A-9809-6D617D990D6A.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

He practices what he preaches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Honestly, I'm kind of I surprised everyone just believes him

Why should I believe this?

“Yeah guys, that thing I suggested people take that it turns out can be highly dangerous, I totally take that myself, like all the time, and I’m in the best shape, really great shape, like no president has ever been in as great a shape as me!”

• Haha
Reactions: Tiberius Lee
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0