Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This appointment is not going to change the Court. Trump is replacing a conservative with a conservative.

Of course, the appointment should have belonged to Trump's predecessor.

It will most likely bring it back to what it was when Scalia was there.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It will most likely bring it back to what it was when Scalia was there.
That's what I said--he is replacing a conservative with a xonservative. The next appointment, assuming that one of the liberal justice steps down or dies, is the one that will change the Court.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's what I said--he is replacing a conservative with a xonservative. The next appointment, assuming that one of the liberal justice steps down or dies, is the one that will change the Court.

It will happen under President Trump, those old liberal justices won't last long. Then finally God will be proclaimed, the ten commandments will be proclaimed on state level government property, Bible reading, and voluntary prayer will return to our local schools, the abortion/eugenics industry will be brought to justice for Genocide, and the act of sodomy will be deemed the mental, spiritual, and societal illness it once was in this country, also the family unit will be protected from redefinition, and altering from progressive social engineering. Truly President Trump will get a lot wrong, here & there, yet he will deliver to Social Conservatives on judges.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Xonservative? What's that?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Xonservative? What's that?

That is called a spelling error. Some of us do make mistakes when typing. However if you read my earlier post #40 it was spelled correctly.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is called a spelling error. Some of us do make mistakes when typing. However if you read my earlier post #40 it was spelled correctly.

Ok. I thought it was one of those words that people sometimes use that's meant as an insult, such as Amerikans, or Home Skoolled. I hadn't heard of xonservatives, but thought maybe it was one of those. :)

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
No right is absolute.

The privacy of the person and possessions as against unreasonable searches is protected by the fourth Amendment. The fifth amendment protects your right concerning privacy of personal information.

And how did those 2 rights in particular come to be used to overrule the first amendment right to life and the Declaration of Independence's right to pursuit of happiness?

Upvote 0