Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The main complaint I have heard is not that the FBI has done anything illegal just that they had the nerve to do it to an ex-president so it MUST be political because it was done to Trump and we know that Trump is the most prosecuted person on earth because he is constantly saying so.

Is that a run-on sentence, it took a big breath to write it so I think so. ;)

People at the FBI had already done something illegal by lying to the FISA court. That to says to me that people in the FBI have a personal grudge against Trump. Whether because of his criticism of the bureaucracy or because of political partisanship or reasons only they are aware of the animus toward Trump is obvious. Some were, and perhaps some still are, willing to break the law in order to find something to use against him. That being the case it is reasonable to be suspicious of anything that agency does in regard to Trump. Even more chilling though, is that if some at the FBI are willing to break the law to get someone, how many people are they willing to break the law in order to get? I doubt Trump will be, is, or has been the only one. Shumer seemed to suggest that is the case not only Trump but for anyone foolish enough to criticize the "intelligence community".

Schumer Warns Trump: Intel Community Has Many Ways to 'Get Back at You' (FLASHBACK) - YouTube

• Agree
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's too early to reach any conclusions. Time will tell what was found and if there was probable cause. If anything truly damning was found it probably would have been leaked by now.

I don't think so. If anything, damning was found they would keep it under wraps. They will leak if there is something they can pretend is damning but actually isn't. That has been the way they have proceeded up until now.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,600.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
People at the FBI had already done something illegal by lying to the FISA court. That to says to me that people in the FBI have a personal grudge against Trump. Whether because of his criticism of the bureaucracy or because of political partisanship or reasons only they are aware of the animus toward Trump is obvious. Some were, and perhaps some still are, willing to break the law in order to find something to use against him. That being the case it is reasonable to be suspicious of anything that agency does in regard to Trump. Even more chilling though, is that if some at the FBI are willing to break the law to get someone, how many people are they willing to break the law in order to get? I doubt Trump will be, is, or has been the only one. Shumer seemed to suggest that is the case not only Trump but for anyone foolish enough to criticize the "intelligence community".

Schumer Warns Trump: Intel Community Has Many Ways to 'Get Back at You' (FLASHBACK) - YouTube

What lie was that?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The main complaint I have heard is not that the FBI has done anything illegal just that they had the nerve to do it to an ex-president so it MUST be political because it was done to Trump and we know that Trump is the most prosecuted person on earth because he is constantly saying so.

Is that a run-on sentence, it took a big breath to write it so I think so. ;)
I can understand wanting to gloss over it, but it seems to go a bit deeper than that.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I generally try to offer support for my personal opinions when I present them in a public forum. Otherwise, there's not much point in bringing them up.
All you seem to offer is criticism of other members rather than actually discuss the topic. Bye.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
All you seem to offer is criticism of other members rather than actually discuss the topic. Bye.
I tried:
The same could be said about the sphericity of the planet or the existence of God. The fact that disagreement exists does not mean that the contrarians are automatically correct. So far, there is no evidence that the FBI did not follow the rules here. Assertions without evidence by the aggrieved party (or their supporters) should always be taken with a healthy grain of salt.

And I'll try again:
I can understand wanting to gloss over it, but it seems to go a bit deeper than that.
And what makes you think that?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To Everyone:

By Law, a President cannot take records away into his personal possession where any record is about official or presidential business, notes, any matter relating to government, and so on.

Only personal records can be taken away, and those are records that are only and solely of a personal nature, such as photos of your dog, personal dairy, golf outing scores, and so on...

Personal records are defined as: “documentary materials or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, of a purely private or nonpublic character, which do not relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President” and which include “diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business,” “private political associations” and “materials relating exclusively to the President’s own election to the office of the Presidency” [44 U.S.C. § 2201(3)].

Guess whether Trump took records he was not allowed by law to remove...

What is your guess?

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
To Everyone:

By Law, a President cannot take records away into his personal possession where any record is about official or presidential business, notes, any matter relating to government, and so on.

Only personal records can be taken away, and those are records that are only and solely of a personal nature, such as photos of your dog, personal dairy, golf outing scores, and so on...

Personal records are defined as: “documentary materials or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, of a purely private or nonpublic character, which do not relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President” and which include “diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business,” “private political associations” and “materials relating exclusively to the President’s own election to the office of the Presidency” [44 U.S.C. § 2201(3)].

Guess whether Trump took records he was not allowed by law to remove...

What is your guess?

And lets not forget who stiffened the penalties for violating those laws from 1 year in prison to 5 making it a felony.

Anyone wanna take a guess?

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's too early to reach any conclusions. Time will tell what was found and if there was probable cause. If anything truly damning was found it probably would have been leaked by now.
Garland has run a pretty tight ship so far. This investigation didn't just start yesterday.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think so. If anything, damning was found they would keep it under wraps. They will leak if there is something they can pretend is damning but actually isn't. That has been the way they have proceeded up until now.
You do realize that Trump and his kracken legal team have copies of the warrant and items seized. You do know that, right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do realize that Trump and his kracken legal team have copies of the warrant and items seized. You do know that, right?
The same legal team that didn't tell him not to take stuff from the WH to his house or not to turn everything over in January? Or the legal team that told him he should contest the election in court?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The same legal team that didn't tell him not to take stuff from the WH to his house or not to turn everything over in January? Or the legal team that told him he should contest the election in court?
The one the RNC is paying.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
People at the FBI had already done something illegal by lying to the FISA court. That to says to me that people in the FBI have a personal grudge against Trump.
Although that warrant was to surveil Carter Page, not Donald Trump, and was part of the Russia Collusion investigation which was investigating non Donald Trump members of the Trump 2016 presidential campaign. So not at all an investigation to get Donald Trump.

Also, that investigation occurred firstly by the FBI and then was taken up by the Special Council which was put in place by the Republican acting Attorney General. A Republican group investigated the origins of this investigation and found that it was the appropriate thing to do, given the evidence at hand, that an investigation into Russian collusion was warranted.

Even more chilling though, is that if some at the FBI are willing to break the law to get someone, how many people are they willing to break the law in order to get? I doubt Trump will be, is, or has been the only one. Shumer seemed to suggest that is the case not only Trump but for anyone foolish enough to criticize the "intelligence community".
I'm sure the Republican party will launch many investigations into the origins of this,
but in the meantime, it is chilling to see that an ex-president has been potentially committing serious crimes.
It is heartening to see that the Justice system will hold anyone accountable, even ex presidents.
We will be more informed in the coming months as to what it is they were seeking, why they had reasonable cause to seek and whether Trump gets charged and/or found guilty of crimes.

He has pled the 5th which means he has information but that information will incriminate himself.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the predictable "One side says it's justified" vs. "Other side says it's an unprecedented overreach"
Donald Trump is unprecedented; so if being unprecedented is automatically wrong . . . :)

It is claimed that unprecedented has to do with the claim that nothing like this has ever happened to a president before.

What about President Nixon? A Republican, by the way. I suppose presidents or former presidents have on some way been subjected to major scrutiny. The details might not have included house raids.

And it seems that Donald's administration appointed the FBI director who is now overseeing the investigation of President Trump. This along with how Donald's majority federal Supreme Court threw out his stolen election case, plus numerous federal judges appointed by his administration also threw out stolen election claims.

And Donald gave us his word that he would release his tax reports. And he gave us his word that the first thing he guaranteed he would do, if elected, would be to indict Hillary Clinton.

So - - am I thanking God for anything good that God used Donald to do or still uses him to do? yes

Am I guaranteeing anything he says?

Upvote 0