Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How does that change my statement? The keyword in that statement being "if".
It greatly changes the probability of the 'if' clause being true and therefore the import of the whole statement. If someone writes, 'If Joe Biden is a typical Republican, then the GOP is in trouble', do you think it makes sense to point out that Biden is not a Republican?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It greatly changes the probability of the 'if' clause being true and therefore the import of the whole statement. If someone writes, 'If Joe Biden is a typical Republican, then the GOP is in trouble', do you think it makes sense to point out that Biden is not a Republican?
That's non sequitur. Saying if the FBI has become a political police agency, is within the realm of possibility.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How does that change my statement? The keyword in that statement being "if".

MMXX said:
The FBI should be defunded if it has become a political police organization. That's not what tax payers are paying them for.
So far it looks like the FBI is following the rules re: Trump. That's what the taxpayers are paying for. Thanks for clarifying that for us.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not according to everyone.
The same could be said about the sphericity of the planet or the existence of God. The fact that disagreement exists does not mean that the contrarians are automatically correct. So far, there is no evidence that the FBI did not follow the rules here. Assertions without evidence by the aggrieved party (or their supporters) should always be taken with a healthy grain of salt.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The same could be said about the sphericity of the planet or the existence of God. The fact that disagreement exists does not mean that the contrarians are automatically correct. So far, there is no evidence that the FBI did not follow the rules here. Assertions without evidence by the aggrieved party (or their supporters) should always be taken with a healthy grain of salt.
Is that an argument against my saying not everyone sees it the same way?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They're already chattering about some form of retaliation should they retake power

• Republicans vow to investigate: House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., and others in his caucus have vowed to investigate the Justice Department should Republicans win control of Congress in November.

I don't think it's outside the realm of pettiness that should they take the white house in the next election, the new president (no matter who it is) does house-cleaning, appoints cronies, and then uses the justice department against previous administration members.
Continue the present policies then?

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Is that an argument against my saying not everyone sees it the same way?
It's an argument against the idea that not everyone seeing it the same way means something. There's always a tenth dentist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's an argument against the idea that not everyone seeing it the same way means something. There's always a tenth dentist.
But 9 out 10 dentists took money from the toothpaste company.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not that lopsided.
Meaningless. There are nearly as many Muslims as Christians. Would you consider that a reason to doubt Christianity?

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Meaningless. There are nearly as many Muslims as Christians. Would you consider that a reason to doubt Christianity?
No, but I see enough reason to doubt what's going on regarding endless investigations and now this raid.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, but I see enough reason to doubt what's going on regarding endless investigations and now this raid.
Such as? So far, all you've provided as support for your position is "people are saying..."

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Such as? So far, all you've provided as support for your position is "people are saying..."
Yep. Plus my own personal opinion. It's all mostly just a matter of opinion and conjecture at this point. Do you yourself have anything more substantial to offer?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yep. Plus my own personal opinion. It's all mostly just a matter of opinion and conjecture at this point. Do you yourself have anything more substantial to offer?
I generally try to offer support for my personal opinions when I present them in a public forum. Otherwise, there's not much point in bringing them up.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not according to everyone.
The main complaint I have heard is not that the FBI has done anything illegal just that they had the nerve to do it to an ex-president so it MUST be political because it was done to Trump and we know that Trump is the most prosecuted person on earth because he is constantly saying so.

Is that a run-on sentence, it took a big breath to write it so I think so. ;)

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The main complaint I have heard is not that the FBI has done anything illegal just that they had the nerve to do it to an ex-president so it MUST be political because it was done to Trump and we know that Trump is the most prosecuted person on earth because he is constantly saying so.

Is that a run-on sentence, it took a big breath to write it so I think so. ;)
I think it's too early to reach any conclusions. Time will tell what was found and if there was probable cause. If anything truly damning was found it probably would have been leaked by now.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics