1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Trump Raid updates

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by ThatRobGuy, Aug 9, 2022.

1. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Part of the IT crowd Supporter

+11,909
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Posting links from both sides of the fence (since both sides will have their own spin on the events):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/08/09/trump-fbi-search-maralago/

Trump FBI raid: Agents seize Mar-a-Lago documents in unprecedented move

Apart from the predictable "One side says it's justified" vs. "Other side says it's an unprecedented overreach"

I'm more concerned about the future implications of such an endeavor.

This is one of those things where "the bell can't be un-rung" so to speak, and if the political/administrative composition of the country changes in 2024, I can totally see things devolving into a tit for tat situation.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+13,688
    United States
    Married
    We will see what happens to the Biden appointment director of the American Gestapo once the Republicans retake Congress in 2024 and the real tribunals begin. But first, as the MAGA Squad is suggesting, we should defund the FBI.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. cow451

cow451 Standing with Ukraine. Supporter

+23,692
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    MTG warned us about the gazpacho police. They need to be chilled.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member Supporter

+8,509
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    So that's

"when it changes in Nov 2022"
    "when it further changes in 2024"

These guys are "on a road to losing elections" and they just don't seem to be satisfied with anything less than a massive loss.

5. cow451

+23,692
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes the MAGA wing is having a tough go of it.

6. BPPLEE

BPPLEE Well-Known Member

+1,063
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I would be surprised to see that.

7. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+14,435
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    WaPo has a paywall.

8. ByTheSpirit

ByTheSpirit Pray always!!

+4,151
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I think there has been a lot going on lately that should cause most of us to stop and take a breath.

I know most here wouldn’t care about this one way or the other, but Torben Sondergard is the leader of a group called The Last Reformation and he was arrested in Florida about a month ago for alleged weapons smuggling from Mexico. Now I don’t know the man personally, but I can’t for the life of me imagine he is any kind of guilty of doing that, but he is still in jail. Even denied bail.

Now the FBI is conducting a raid on a former President of the USA.

On top of other things that are going on. It doesn’t seem like it’ll take too much to start rounding up political dissidents or anyone deemed a danger to society.

9. BPPLEE

BPPLEE Well-Known Member

+1,063
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Or just having the IRS audit them. That's why they need so many more agents

10. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Part of the IT crowd Supporter

+11,909
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    They're already chattering about some form of retaliation should they retake power

• Republicans vow to investigate: House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., and others in his caucus have vowed to investigate the Justice Department should Republicans win control of Congress in November.

I don't think it's outside the realm of pettiness that should they take the white house in the next election, the new president (no matter who it is) does house-cleaning, appoints cronies, and then uses the justice department against previous administration members.

11. BPPLEE

BPPLEE Well-Known Member

+1,063
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I think the establishment is too deeply embedded and they look out for their own. It would have to be an outsider and they would really have to clean house

12. cow451

+23,692
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    You don’t know him so how are you so convinced he is not capable of the allegations?

13. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+11,139
    Agnostic
    Married

Your imagination is a very compelling argument for his innocence.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Matt5

Matt5 Answer the question before the lecture.

+174
    Switzerland
    Christian
    Married
    Here's the free version:

Trump claims political persecution after FBI search of Mar-a-Lago residence - The Washington Post
    archive.ph

15. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+13,485
    Atheist
    Private
    Yeah, imagine how irresponsible it would be if the leader of one of the two major parties in the US started advocating locking up people who opposed him. I don't know that anyone interested in a fair and equitable legal system could support such tactics.

16. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+13,485
    Atheist
    Private
    If he has an (R) next to his name on a ballot, or supports candidates who do, he's obviously innocent of all charges.

17. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+7,320
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Or if he said that anyone being investigated by the FBI wasn't qualified to be president.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. MMXX

MMXX Jesus is Lord Supporter

+6,773
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    The FBI should be defunded if it has become a political police organization. That's not what tax payers are paying them for.

19. sfs

sfs Senior Member

+7,320
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You guys do know that the current director of the FBI was appointed by Trump, don't you?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. MMXX

MMXX Jesus is Lord Supporter

+6,773
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    How does that change my statement? The keyword in that statement being "if".

MMXX said:
    The FBI should be defunded if it has become a political police organization. That's not what tax payers are paying them for.